1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Overwhelming Black Issue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia
    https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/beyond-data/marcia-marcia-marcia

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Values are certainly important but where do they come from and how do you get them? As you note you got your values from your parents and the environment you were brought up in. I would say that is the same with me and most people.

I'm not sure how inherent values are and even if there are inherent values certainly those can be overridden as we see with many cultures which have committed genocide. That said if we say there are inherent values are things like education, working hard, being thrifty inherent values? Are we then saying that Asians have those inherent values while blacks don't?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I will be villified for saying this, but for real change to happen, the African American community in this country must do some serious soul searching - blaming racist white people for holding you back is a defeatist attitude.
    Hear me out - The Dems had a decent POTUS in Obama and even he could not fix things the way it was envisaged - he was the great hope and he had two terms to do it.
    So the big question now is, how is Joe Biden going to do it?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Values are "inherent"?

Cultural values are nothing more than a group of people expressing their reaction to experiencing the same socioeconomic factors.

Are you saying African Americans are predisposed to worse values?