1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Overwhelming Black Issue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You're right about that at the moment. I am just looking through the looking glass and seeing difficult times.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They would stop because it's antithetical to the American ideal that is the foundation of our country and democracy in the world. The failure to live up to that ideal is what is rotten about America and why people kneel.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Here's the point, they embrace The American Dream. Everyone does, except black people in rhetoric. We do like dollars

Corrosion and JumpMan like this.
  4. JumpMan

From what I have heard lately the foundation of our country was slavery and genocide.

Now, could you find an example in history of a people in power willingly giving up that power?

5. JumpMan

I just think that if Hispanic men become as disenfranchised in their families and communities as Black men are in effect today, what you admire about Hispanics will slowly deteriorate.

Besides that, I don't know if that Dream is strictly American. America just offers the greatest opportunities on earth for the greatest amount of people. If anything, opportunity is what this country was based on.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well there is the ideal and then there is the reality. The ideal is that all men are created equal but the reality is that there is no question that the country was founded on the backs of slaves and genocide was a tool to steal land and wealth. These are facts that have been whitewashed in our school system forever. When I was a child, in school I learned about the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. I wasn't taught that Columbus was a slaver and a rapist who brutalized native people. Also facts, women did not get the right to vote until a hundred years ago and black people not until 50+ years ago. Right now, Republicans use voter suppression and gerrymandering as tools to maintain power. Facts. This is America.

This is an interesting question and you can probably cite examples of giving up governmental power like in South Africa. Of course colonists always give up their power eventually. I don't think I would ever in my life see what has transpired this year with the protests and the awareness that is now out in the mainstream. It's really blown my mind that we reached an actual tipping point that you can cite as the moment and it's given me a lot of encouragement that it's a shrinking minority of people that is the problem in this country when it comes to these issues. So I am hopeful that power will naturally flow down to those who've been shut out as that minority loses power and dies out. The Republican Party cannot sustain itself by marketing itself to a smaller and smaller demographic. I'm encouraged by the number of female minorities that are running for and winning offices around the country. I think they're a key demographic to progress as a country in this area.

#26 CometsWin, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Junebball likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I swear you are not the same person since you supposedly came back. I almost think you are not who you say you are. Maybe a hacked account who knows

CometsWin likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Making college tuition-free makes it more accessible for the poor, college provides a gateway to a higher income for many people.

For everybody? That's why it would be universal?

You would be against universal childcare because it would assist the poor so much and you don't want to encourage that? Crazy outlook.

#28 ThatBoyNick, Aug 7, 2020
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You said something about how i used to be once before. I came back at you saying you don't know me. I looked at ypur profile and saw you've been here longer than me, so i deleted the post.

How do i know you were a lurker if im not the same guy? I remember everyone in this forum. Ask @JumpMan how i know he used to not post in the D&D

Ask him about a post by some guy named regul8tor who wrote damn near the baddest ass post eva about Bill Russell. I appreciated it as much as he did.

I don't like people saying ive been hacked. If you can't those questions don't repeat it

#29 pgabriel, Aug 7, 2020
    JumpMan likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hispanics are not falling. One thing blacks and everyone else doesn't realize is how detrimental crack was to the entire community. Our progress from the civil rights movement. Its other things also. I don't wanna argue about crack. Regardless i can cite real evidence of progress stalling.

Hispanic men have replaced black men in the workforce. We didn't appreciate what we had because we are always looking at what white people have.

Hispanics don't do that. They aren't chasing. Thet are living, striving, improving.

One other thing, there are middle class blacks. The poor are stuck. Hispanics have taken the jobs not requiring education

JumpMan and Corrosion like this.
  11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

This may be true for a small minority. Probably some Cubans and South Americans from certain countries. The vast majority come from Mexico and Central America and they didn't come here with wealth with a few exceptions. They're willing to sacrifice a lot of comforts to get ahead in life, pool their resources and some like my family manage to scrap their way to the disappearing middle class. It takes generations though so many of the noobs probably won't see that middle class life but thier children or maybe grandchildren will if the country doesn't fall apart before then.

pgabriel likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JumpMan

On off days i go work at a labor hall. I went yesterday. The labor hall sends us to construction sites to clean up. I've been 3 times this year all construction sites.

All the regular workers are Hispanic. All like 90%. The electricians, plumbers, etc. No blacks. A few whites.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never intended to say they come here with money. They come here with appreciation for opportunity. They KNOW what they didn't have in Mexico and Central America.

But in terms of blacks and slavery they do have a cultural pride. We as blacks should embrace our prgress from slavery. I harp on the movie situation because we want to forget slavery. We are stuck on the anger

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's why I was trying to be clear to make the distinctions for natives. There are Mexicans / Latinos with 100% European ancestry, and then there are ones with 100% indigenous ancestry, and most are in between with mixed ancestry from both. My point is that Latinos have a name, they have a language and culture passed down. It's a bit different than coming from slavery, although again, those who are closer to being majority indigenous blood have went through similar levels of struggle and are extremely disadvantaged across the board in tons of metrics, not just in the US but in all Latin American countries.

I'm not pitting any group against each other, that is an awful thing to do, I'm just talking about the reasons African and native Americans struggle the hardest. Overall the focus on what to do should always be on advancing the poor in this country, you do that and everybody who is struggling, regardless of ancestry, gets the improved quality of life they desperately need. America has very high poverty and child poverty rates and we are the only developed country not to offer universal healthcare.

15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm not into pitting any group against another either. The wealth and slave owners comments threw me for a loop is all.

I can definitely agree that we have it different because most come here willingly and with a sense of self and history. Even then that is somewhat debatable as the history of most Latin countries is filled with rape, pillage and slavery too but there's been many years since with many of those years filled with the indoctrination of flying under one banner as one people.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@nacho bidness

I mention Hispanics being self sufficient and owning businesses because you're right about building on something and sacrificing

Materialism is a detriment to blacks. Blacks aint trying here **** about sacrificing. We're like we're done with that

Edit: materialism is catching up to the whole country. Thats another thread

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This is one of the main reasons I've always been against "ILLEGAL" immigration (I stress the word Illegal). These people compete with the most vulnerable of American's for jobs and other resources - the uneducated / working poor.

The illegal has displaced a hell of a lot more than just blacks , they have displaced literally everyone socioeconomic / education group as well as "kids".
    Historically it was kids who mowed lawns in the neighborhood for spending money - Now that is mostly filled by illegals.
    Most building trades were a means to a living wage for Americans from the end of WWII thru the mid 90's. Now just about all residential construction is dominated by the illegal worker and this is now bleeding over into commercial construction - including those building our roads and highways.
    The food service industry has a very large percentage of illegal workers as well - another entry level type job that young people historically held.
    They also depress wages as they will typically work for significantly less than the American , regardless of race.

The only people coming out with a net positive is corporate America as they have 30m more consumers to market their **** to .... at the expense of everyone from the middle class on down to the bottom economic group.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Blacks aren't the only people who built America and while slavery was bad, you're sitting there lashing out about something that happened with dead people. The world has moved on but you and others want to use it politically as a wedge issue. You should be ashamed and embarassed of your pathetic, hateful, and racist politics. America shouldn't be embarrassed! We have the greatest country on earth and its system is anti-racist. It's actually dealt with racism and more to give people a fair shot at life. You've been brainwashed by the 1619 project bullshit and you've completely ignored the scope within history sits and the nuance that lies therein. People like you are sick in the head and have cherry picked history and bad things in order to build a victim narrative.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If your ass ain’t black then please shut the hell up. What race are you again?

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm having a discussion about history. Those dead people are our ancestors, those dead people shaped the lives we live today.

The problems slavery created have not been addressed. The infant mortality rate for African Americans is abysmal, the maternal mortality rate for African American women is abysmal, the life expectancy for African Americans is abysmal, the asthma rates for African Americans are abysmal, the median wealth for African American families is abysmal, the blood lead levels for African American children is abysmal, the poverty and child poverty rate for African Americas is abysmal. I could on, and on and on.

Do you care about any of these things? Of course not.

If you look at the health and economic outcomes across the board for African Americans, they are simply incomparable to highly developed countries. They live as 2nd class citizens, they live in a 2nd world country within America.

Ashamed and embarrassed for my support of egalitarianism and refusal to be ignorant of our history? No Thanks.

America should 100% be embarrassed. This country is absolutely disgraceful. The greatest country on earth my *******. This country has all the resources in the world, we are the richest nation in history but yet our people eat ****.

It actually hasn't. I don't know what the 1619 project is. You talking about ignoring context and nuance, being sick in the head, and cherry picking history is RICH.

Overall your triggered post? 0/10. Go back to jerking off to your Tim Pool civil war videos. We need you to go load up on some hot takes so we all have something to sh*t on and laugh at.