1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Otto Porter Movement] First it was just an afterthought, then came the movement, and now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Nov 16, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Because they get out of Porter's contract which saves them a ton of money AND it's a first round pick. Taking his contract in the first place is huge.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. mockster

mockster Member

I would rather have Gordon Hayward. I see more upside with Hayward if he can recover from
    His injury. Better overall player and if your gonna nag a player with a big contract might as
    We’ll be someone with all star caliber abilities

Y2JT likes this.
  3. aroundtheblock2

God no. Hell no. Morey should be fired if he does this. Those guys are unplayable against GSW at this stage in their careers.

4. mockster

mockster Member

What mistakes did he make?. Yeah I know he’s on Clutchfans. He’s cyberx alt is holic.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

its been posted. please refer to the thread

6. mockster

mockster Member

I’ll ignore that opinion piece, thanks.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

good. your takes arent anything important around here. thanks for letting me know. glad you took the time out to

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he isnt worth the money...it should only be done if there really is no other option. we should not have to give up gordon or picks to do it either.
    we are doing them a favor if we take that contract off their hands. they dont need any other compensation.

fattz and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  9. mockster

mockster Member

Lol, yeah yours are great “at least the GM fixing his mistakes” as if you know better.

Morey took risk which is why we have who we have in the first place. A high reward low risk isn’t a mistake it’s called having balls.

fattz and roslolian like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup sure do. thanks for taking the time out to let me know. you say youll ignore but obviously you're paying attention to it. love how you're posting as if you're in some higher position as anyone else. dont kid yourself and quit making me laugh

btw it's called mistakes

11. mockster

mockster Member

Ignore what?. I said I’ll ignore whatever thread your trying to reference.

Lol no it’s not, a mistake is trading James harden, a mistake is drafting kwame brown.

Morey signed josh smith then cut him, morey signed melo and cut him. He lost what Ariza and mbah brick bros?. Which is not a mistake if you can’t match.

We just had the Rockets best record and near championship last year. Idk what mistakes your referring to.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

whatever you say buddy

13. mockster

mockster Member

?

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe it puts us over the top, maybe it doesn’t.

It’s just not DM’s style to pay $26-26M for similar production to what we’re already getting with Ennis at less than $2M.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Last season Porter was 14.7ppg 6.4rpg shooting over 50% from the field and 44% from 3.
    Those aren't similar numbers to Ennis, they are amazing numbers for a supporting player.

But are those numbers worth 26 mill per year?? Mehhh....

I feel like we need to upgrade the depth somehow, so getting OPJr for Knight/ Nene/ Chriss + a first would be a complete steal, and so worth it. But then again, it is lux tax hell from there.

joshuaao likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah there is no way morey includes EGo in a deal for this guy. He is good but can't carry a team like Gordon can. Combine anyone else [save jh, cp, gc! and cc] and snatch him up.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Right now, wouldn't it be "Portergeists?"

BigMaloe, Deckard, Haymitch and 2 others like this.
  18. BackdoorHarden

Porter trade should be trade of bad contracts only

For Wizards:
    They get out of $28 millions in third year(he's going to opt in) they have to pay Porter. He's not worth $28 million and luxury tax since they also have Beal and Wall at Max. Porter cost a lot more than $28 millions

For Rockets:
    They get a player they can use against GSW for 3 bad contracts and 3 guys that you aren't going to play against GSW or even Regular season against crap team.

Only problem of course is Tillman is in financial trouble and their is no way he can afford to pay $28 millions to Porter along with CP3, Harden, and Clint.

I mean...dude can't even afford to pay Ariza and Luc

Contracts:

Brandon Knight PG $14,631,250 $15,643,750
    Marquese Chriss PF $3,206,160
    Nene Hilario C $3,651,480 $3,825,360

Otto Porter Jr. SF $26,011,913 $27,250,575 $28,489,238

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If Porter were to come here he would be attempting a LOT more 3's a game than he does in Washington.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I thought everybody agreed Potter Jr. Was Ariza on steroids? I haven't seen any post here claiming Ennis is as good as Ariza in fact almost everyone says he is markedly worse so Ennis is basically 2 levels below "Ariza on steroids".

Is that worth 28M? Not really, but remember you have 21M worth not playing anyway with Knight, Chriss and Nene so if you include those in the deal you are effectively only paying 7M for "Ariza on steroids".

Is paying 7M for "Ariza on Steroids" Morey's style? I would hope so.