1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New ClutchFans Forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's not finding the spoiler tag to use in my own posts, it's seeing/noticing spoiler blocks within someones post. I gloss over them now. And other times I randomly notice them, click it, and realize I just clicked a spoiler block that was located within someone's signature line.

Sounds like Clutch is on it though.

The template is clean and soft, I like that - but some more distinct contrast would be nice for dumb dumbs like me.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Thank you Clutch for all the work you do for the best place on the web!

For those who are having trouble adjusting to the colors/brightness. Have you adjusted your mobile screen brightness / monitor or tv settings?

Something i'd like to see added is the ability to adjust your roundel thumbnail as it just auto places your avatar within the roundel and sometimes not getting it centered to your liking(zooming in and out for proper sizing would be awesome too).

Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.

I'm getting there.
    [​IMG]

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yes. It's pretty fast.
    On a PC or Mac browser, Put your Mouse Pointer over your Nickname at the top right of the page, uncheck "Show Online Status". ***I'm "online" right now and it's not flashing but it will show GREEN for me. What shows up next to my profile pic for you?

:cool:

#63 SwoLy-D, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ah, gotcha @Ziggy. That makes sense.

@Clutch -- I wonder if having the Reply and Like buttons (etc) and the post metadata (timestamp, who Liked the post, and post #) below the post is throwing people off. Like maybe having them at the top is so ingrained in us, we mentally expect it as a Post divider. (As Ziggy says, during fast scrolling, we now have to get used to button after the post text vs before.) Maybe returning it to be above the post is a simple way to provide a natural visual divide between posts, since before they were always aligned with the top of the post DIV (and hence, aligned with top of the Member info on the left). Now they can have any vertical placement relative to top of Post.

my two cents: The user name and timestamp below the post does throw me off wrt where the post and signature end and where the post metadata begins. It's also helpful to see who Liked the post at the top (like Facebook) vs only discovering it was liked by scrolling.

Is position of Post buttons and metadata easily configurable?

note how small font signature or post ending footnotes blurr the line between metadata.

#64 heypartner, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

I just realized you CAN adjust the thumbnail! That's great! Was that there from the start? I feel like it wasn't there last time i tried. Thanks anyway!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Here is an example. An image was posted, I see a spoiler block, I assume it's just part of the post. But it's the signature line.

[​IMG]

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I also had some trouble with knowing where posts end and sigs begin. Maybe a bold separator or something to break them up.

Agree with @heypartner , it's been a little hard getting used to the time stamp being at the bottom of a post now. Not a big deal, but if easily changed then could help some people make the adjustment.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Getting used to it on mobile but does anyone else think the avatars next to the titles of the threads is too much?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: there is a win here. the previous bbs had folder icons next to the title. Seems the same amount of real estate is being utilized as before. The win is now when you reply to a thread, your square avatar will overlay the thread starters circle avatar indicating a thread that you posted in. People have been asking for a visual clue of what threads they posted in for a long time. It's a popular request.

I also like how Clutch's avatar really stands out, so you easily see his threads. I'll get used to quickly identifying other favs, as well.

10. what

what Member

@Clutch just wanted to say that the mobile version of this is fantastic. Which I am sure was your goal to begin with. The desktop version is not as easy to read as the previous version.

But you accomplished your goal which was an awesome mobile version.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch, regarding the "text editor", if you have the ability to sort order those text editor options, I feel like from a UX point of view, bringing the QUOTE and SPOILER options out of the "+ / more" item would be best. I initially missed them, and they are key functions that probably should be front and center as main options. I could see moving the "indent elements or alignment" in the "+" if you need to, to make room. They are probably used less.

Also, for the record, I use the WHITE theme, but I can see how those that are used to a DARK theme could really miss it. Totally personal preference. BUT, for either theme, "post separation" I think is key as one browses/scrolls through a thread. It could be just as simple as darkening post borders.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Change is good!

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch, I totally agree with having the "post date/time stamp" at the top of the post for "context reasons." I am so used to seeing it there. Things move so fast with news, I really like to see "TIME posted" on posts to get context.

P.S. the "highlight" => Quote feature for replies is incredible!

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hadn't really thought about the mobile vs computer issue . . . But now that you mention it, the mobile version really is nice. Kudos!!! and thanks

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

+1 on this. Great way in explaining it.

The buttons at BOTTOM of the post block are ABSOLUTELY disorienting and confusing (For CF for certain). This over any other feature causes more "whuuht is going on" for me.

The division and DIFFERENTIATION between posts and scrolling should stay "written post content > (optional signature)" then on to "NEXT POST". Then, all the special buttons at TOP of the post block - which is where the post formatting panel is at anyway for everything.

The posting date/time on bottom does little (really nothing) for me, especially how it REPEATS the member name, which adds redundancy now that there's a big avatar already giving more attention to who the poster is :D
    *In the DESKTOP version it gives the member name again? The mobile just lists the "time"*

I see Clutch said he'll work on posting space so good on that :)

#76 Shroopy2, Sep 23, 2016
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Ziggy was talking about the boundary between the post and the sig. It's not hard to see the space dividing the posts. But the sig line is very unclear.

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Thanks for adding avatars, I always loved them on forums because it made it easier to scroll through a thread and identify who is posting, versus reading each individual username.

I love notifications and mobile compatibility. Thanks Clutch!

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch, I mentioned it in heypartner's thread. Firefox's private mode does not load tweets.

My Firefox version is 49.0.1, just updated from 48.0.1 this morning.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If you could get rid of the unnecessary visitation and comment numbers. Those are pretty annoying.