1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The New ClutchFans Forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Sep 22, 2016.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is awesome! Thanks Clutch :)

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Too bright............
    My eyes...........

3. what

what Member

The flashing green light is very distracting. Do we really need that? Also, the avatar on every forum post (a sea of red circles), to me really distracts from the thread title. I also think the space between the breadcrumbs and the forums and members are a bit much.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Deuce likes this.
  5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Is there any way I can turn off the online indicator? The pulsating icon right next to the avatar

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Looks good. I know I lurk mostly now, but I appreciate the work you put in Clutch.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I did like the "Hakeem, Moses" etc.. status though.

8. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Like the new layout. It will take a little bit to get use to but so far it's pretty smooth. Maybe a red border along the entire name tag would help break up the greys. Only other thing I would consider is below the member have the member since date. Also is status the new signatures? See that there is still a place for the signatures but guess they are gone like the green bars.:(

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

looks like threads before the purge will no longer show the old embedded youtube videos.

and I'm trying to figure out post history. when I click "messages" under my profile next to a post in any thread,
    it shows my most recent post on top and then a bunch of random threads I have made in 2007 and 2008.
    I'm wondering how to see post history in descending order sorted by most recent date.

10. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Thx Clutch. Please keep us updated on Dark Theme, really need that.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i did you a favor and tried turning mine off in preferences. but now I'm in some sort of hidden mode. can't remember if that was an option previously.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Theres should be a Light theme to the Dark Theme and some middleground.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Now that there are no Hakeem level posters, how will tinman replace them? Will it be 99er and 1,400+ like poster so we are better than the rest....

The concerns we have to deal with.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#99erProblems

15. VanityHalfBlack

I'm going to spend about 90% of my life to this forum. Job well done sir. This is amazing, so many features, the layout is just mind blowing. Thank you so much Clutch. And thank you to the Clutchfans community.

Clutch likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are there different types of ignore? For some users I have on ignore, I no longer see anything from them. I don't see their posts at all, nor do I see their post when someone is quoting them in a reply. For others, I see their posts but it just says I have them on ignore.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think it's just because I'm used to black, but I miss spoiler tags easily and I cant differentiate where one post begins/ends or when a signature line begins/ends when I'm quick scrolling through a thread. It all kind of... blends.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Thanks for the new site! No complaints that you haven't already addressed in your OP. Happy to have Avatars as I feel it brings out more personality from the posters. Feels much more like a social media site now than a forum board.

Clutch likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Spoilers are available. Hit that + plus looking button

And they are much improved too. Now when you click someone's spoiler you can collapse again by clicking again. It is a toggle button

That was a big need for when ppl spoilered for size. But I suppose spoilering big images is no longer necessary because software auto fits images for us

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not that I'm totally aware of, but I'll look into this.

It sounds like I do need to do some more work on differentiating posts with some color and maybe tightening up (bringing closer together) posts. I'll see what I can mess with this weekend. As @heypartner noted (thank you for that), you can use the spoiler tag. It's also in the text editor as an option when you click the + symbol (top left section of buttons, 4th icon on the right).

Shroopy2 likes this.