1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New ClutchFans Forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Congrats Clutch and nicely done! I'd also like to have a way to disable avatars in the future, and can't wait for the return of the dark side.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice job Clutch!! looking forward to playing around with the new format

3. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Hey Clutch!
    The new features are awesome, but I also miss the clean and simple format that we had earlier.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I have to be honest and give it a 6/10. Its too much clutter and I have to scroll down 1 full page for each response. Im pretty sure by week 1 Im going to punch Haymitch's avatar thru screen.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I can't figure it out, but there is something about it that just hurts/bothers my eyes. The new features are nice, but I simply have trouble reading the new layout. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet? Maybe it's the color scheme? Font size? Font style? I can't pin it down.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think the colors are what throws me off a little as well. It's too light for my tastes. I have no doubt Clutch will get it to a snazzy layout that is easy on the eyes.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Re: Avatars

There is a win here. Avatars are used to show what threads you have recently posted in. Ppl have been asking for a visual reminder feature like that for awhile

In thread list view, your square avatar overlays the thread starter's circle avatar, if you recently posted in it

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you guys usually use the Dark theme? Or do you usually use the light theme but this one just doesn't work for you?

Thanks for the suggestions, @Deuce. I'm working on those.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I use both actually, depending on which device I'm on. I prefer the dark though.

edit: Maybe too much white/gray and not enough red?

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I love that we can now go back and see all old rep. Although my lowly number is a little depressing when seeing what others have been able to accumulate :(

I'm a fan of the # of likes though vs the bars.

(testing emoji)

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I have always used the regular lighter theme. The layout is much better for mobile than desktop for me. The mobile layout is pretty damn excellent and doesn't bother my eyes. I think what Harrisment said about there being too much white and gray is probably part of the problem on desktop.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I just discovered the News Feed feature and really like it. I'm a SharePoint Engineer by day, and it reminds me a lot of the same feature it has.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At last! I was wondering when you'd make the switch, Clutch, and I love it, even if I'm still working on figuring it all out. One suggestion I have, and it's already been mentioned, is to use a darker red. What I'm seeing is quite a bit lighter that the color we are used to. So a darker, richer red. I think it will speed up everyone get accustomed to the new format. Rocket Red! I use the "light" format.

Man, I need to update my avatar - I look like I want to blast someone!

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When can I expect my Hakeem status to be restored?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Sweet, we have avatars now!

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So how does one post tweets now?

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

As some others mentioned, there is a lot of going on and the color scheme isn't the best. (light)

1. The post needs to have some darker background color, or atleast be differentiated from the signature background
    2. Please please move the # of post and posting time to the upper right corner...it takes unnecessary space/cluttered

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just discovered another major plus due to the change in format. Now I can view ClutchFans on my monitor without reducing the page width. It used to bug me that if I forgot, the sentences stretched across my 24" screen. Kudos!

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Clutch please see see this in regards to 2.

[​IMG]

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Minor font color issue

On mobile, the alerts/notifications use black text for member name on dark grey background. Very hard to see who tagged/liked/quoted you