1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mysterious RatBomber

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Truth, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Truth

Truth Member

Yep, exactly what is says. It seems some guy is going to Sixers road games, waiting til someone is shooting free throws then throws a big white rat onto the court. It has happened twice @ Utah where the Sixers got killed, and @ Phoenix where the Sixers got abused. Last night before Amare shot the ball, the rat came flying down and landed and was still twitching. I hope they catch this dude, before someone else gets ideas. Sick stuff.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

from ESPN:
    With 44.2 seconds to go, someone in the crowd threw a live rat onto the court. The same thing happened Saturday night when the 76ers played at Utah.

''I don't know,'' Philadelphia's Eric Snow said. ''I hope we won't start a trend. They need to stop, because they're throwing it up so high that thing is going to hurt somebody.''

Security personnel did not apprehend whoever threw the animal.

That's funny, sick, but funny:)

CK

3. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

The world is getting more bizarre. Now this is gonna give some idiot a more outrageous idea and someone(s) going to be hurt, or worse.

4. SLA

SLA Member

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

isn't that a hockey thing?

6. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

No one threw a rat when the Warriors beat the Sixers on Monday night.

As a GS fan, I am sick of this lack of respect! :mad:

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

ESPN Page 2 article

"Everyone loves Pecker
    Fans of the Erie (Pa.) Otters of the Ontario Hockey League honor their team's top scorer, Cory Pecker, by throwing dildos onto the ice after the team wins the title. Um, we're not sure if we can say this, but there's got to be Pecker Bobblehead Doll in hockey's future."

8. ScreamingRocketJet

It's not evenly remotely funny. Even a rat deserves a more dignified death than that. Worse, if it hit someone it could easily blind someone, even kill someone.

The guy must be a farking idiot...I'd love to smack the crap out of him and chuck him off a bridge and see how he likes it:mad:

9. red

red Contributing Member

whoever is doing this should switch to larger animals. Next use a squirrel, then a beaver, and then a potbellied pig.

10. cujo

cujo Member

:mad:

11. cujo

cujo Member

12. cujo

cujo Member

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

How come no one has seen the guy doing this crap. I imagine that if I was to throw something at a Rockets game that someone around me would see something.

Unless he is doing it from the very last row. And even in that case someone should see it.

Probably some deranged Iverson fan.

14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Thats hats, when people get hat tricks ;)

15. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Damn, you think it's a major league pitcher or something?

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I liked the idea of squirrels and pigs...I would also like to see one of those hairless cats maybe in the near future too....u know like mr. biggelsworth...

17. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Sixers being blown out in Dallas right now. Will there be a rodent reprise?

I wonder if they had a "rat check" at the door before the game. And if so, did Steve Nash have trouble getting into the arena? :)

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

hehe...good one swopa.

i wouldn't mind if they threw a squirrel. I have a really big squirrel problem at my apartment. those damn rodents just won't go away. the exterminator didn't do a thing.

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Randy Johnson is stalking AI. You heard it here first.

20. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Good lord some of you guys need to lighten up(and others need to learn how to use the friggin quote commands). It is a freaking rat. Some of you guys are talking like the guy threw a baby or something. It is a rat!! If you are so into them then let me know, my wife has a couple at her office. I'll go catch them and send them to you so you can give them a nice home. But good lord the guy threw a dead one on the court. It struck me as funny. If he had hit someone that would have been different but he did not so get over your PETA selves. I guess since he did not show up for the GS game he must have run out of rats or couldn't get a ticket to the game:rolleyes: .

CK