1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Medallion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YoYao, Aug 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. YoYao

YoYao Member

fun movie and Claire Forlani has been on my list since meet Joe black [​IMG]

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I was disappointed, I grow up watching Jackie Chen's movie, and I think this is one of his worst film. Special effects, wired, it just not Jackie Chen anymore.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Has the Jet Li/Jackie movie been postponed indefinately? I know production was supposed to start after Jet completed Tibetan Monk in New York, but I'm not sure if he's even started that yet. Any info?

4. SLA

SLA Member

It seems like a movie for kids.....but still makes old people laugh. I liked it.....I liked the nurse too ;). The stupid British Interpol guy's wife who knows Martial Arts is pretty nice too. ;) Man...you know Jackie Chan is almost 50?!? He needs a replacement...someone funny and kung fuey like him but not all serious like Jet Li. Can't wait for Rush Hour 3!

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Ha, Ive liked Claire Forlani since Mallrats :)

Anyways, not bad of a movie, I admit, they did a bit too much wired work that they shouldve used. The whole Claire/Jackie thing was pretty dumb/unrealistic, they could at least get away like they did with him and Jennifer Love in Tuxedo.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

7. YoYao

YoYao Member

Jet Li's US production movie are so bad. and he is too seriouse and uncool too. Jackie chan is more laid back and fun. medatllion is still pretty funny and enterain. not typical jackie chan movie, but a fun family movie. I like it.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Chan hasn't been in a good movie since Shanghai Noon. And he isn't funny either.

I'd rather see a new Li movie than Chan's latest, poorer, regurgitated movie. It's like going out to watch the latest non-terminator Arnold movie.

9. SLA

SLA Member

Who are some actors that you consider funny? Just wondering...

I would go see both movies!

10. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

IMHO, Jackie Chan is one of the last true 'entertainers' in the film industry.

11. YoYao

YoYao Member

dude, u forgot janna jameson :D

12. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

man, r u serious? i thought rush hour 2 and shanghai knight were great movies.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen this one because of the use of wires and special effects on Jackie. That's not the Jackie I've loved in so many of his other films.

More generally speaking, though, he's extremely talented and creative. He's like a modern Buster Keaton. The fight choreography he does is an art in itself. The creativity involved is usually miles beyond what anyone else has even attempted to do.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I like Jackie Chan cause he does his own fight scenes...no body double for him!...his fight choreography is a thing of beauty.
    and he manages to be funny with expressions and the creative use of props and situations..

I will probably watch The Medallion on video...but I wish he would stick to his old style of combat...forget the fancy Matrix style of fighting...he didnt need it before, he doesnt need it now.