1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Maybe say I like playing for Luke Walton... He's my coach.. I believe in him and what he's trying to do.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

That's like saying his father is a dumbass. Not directly tho.

Mazulis and Easy like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he isn't a person of authority why will ESPN cover him? Like I said he is on the same status as Ben Simmon's dad, you ever see ESPN covering him?

I'm sure Simmon's dad has his own opinion just like Lavar or any other person on the planet. The difference is out of the billions of people put there ESPN chose to cover him and give him the spotlight. And now they are putting pieces about him like what he says is important. That is indirectly making him an expert, because they are saying pay attention to this dude he has something to say. Being wrong or being right has nothing to do with being an expert, look at Barkley he is seen as an "analyst" despite being wrong on almost everything he says.

ESPN might as well hire him as a commentator and pay him because they are making more money off him than their other guys.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. The kid was forced to side with either his coach or his dad in public. It's a no-win situation for him.

Of course, we all want him to say, "My dad is a dumbass," and be done with it. :D

RocketsFan0, RiceRockets and Mazulis like this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You have to drop this "indirectly making him an expert" nonsense. The vast majority of people think Lavar is a tool. Delusional. A black [you know who].

Ben Simmons dad isn't making inflammatory public statements. He doesn't have a reality TV show. He isn't trying to sell snake oil to anyone who will listen.

6. likestohypeguy

Well it's definitely not a real account, but I'm not sure that'd be an effective way to tell the difference.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Or he could say my father doesn't speak for me like a grown man should.

I'm sick of hearing about how Lonzo is in a tough spot. Reign your loudmouth father in, or go full loudmouth with him. Being an indecisive little b**ch makes him look worse than anything.

He the one with the actual talent that is carrying that entire sideshow.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He might, someday. But the kid is not a "grown man." He's not even old enough to drink legally. I'd give him some slack and put 99% of the blame on the parent at this point.

RocketsFan0 likes this.
  9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I didn't know we had a dedicated Lavar thread till today. The Lakers brought this one themselves and I hope he tarnishes their brand personally

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would have laughed, a little chuckle, shrugged "That's my dad for you, but, coach does a great job for us and it is ultimately on us to play better."

I mean he has to understand that right now...it sounds like Lonzo told his father this in passing or not...and Lonzo is running his mouth about it. He needs to isolate that as just Lavar's opinion and that he's going to stick up for his coach some, i dunno. That's how I feel about it.

Easy and Jontro like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think it is him. he is everywhere. but not enough in this thread. moar lavar pls.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is he going to father moar kids and manage 'em?

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

be will branch out and invest his future children in other sports. possibly eggball so ftw breh could have a reason to become a fan.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

The point is ESPN is making him an expert by giving him attention and shining the spotlight on him. Basically they are legitimizing what he is saying because tbh there are a lot of parents out there who think their child is Jordan 2.0 and think the only reason their kid is suceeding is because the coach doesn't know what they are doing. But ESPN didn't choose those guys. They chose Lavar.

Just because Lavar is making all these statements doesn't mean ESPN has to pay attention and print whatever he says. It was their choice to do so, they could have ignored him and none would be the wiser. They are giving Lavar a voice and thats why they are making him an expert because they are saying hey these guy's words have weight that is why we are publishing them.

If they thought what he was saying was inconsequential why will they print it and spread it around? Like I said they didn't even get counter opinions, they just said here is what Lavar said end of story. That is pretty much legitimizing Lavar as a source of info maybe ypu don't see it that way but because ESPN is making his comments headline news Lavar can now be invited on radio shows and other news sites etc because all these media sites follow espn. That is the reality of it.

16. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

steve kerr trash, he inherited that team

look what luke walton did when kerr was out with that injury last year and look at what luke walton is doing this year with an elite pg

both coaches trash

cheke64 likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Your boys did great in lithuania. I just finished watching them play on youtube as I was sipping my tempranillo drink

LaVar Ball likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Report: LaVar Ball was right, the Lakers don't support Luke Walton

NBA coaches may have publicly labeled LaVar Ball’s criticism of Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton as “irrational nonsense,” but behind closed doors league executives are wondering if Ball was right.

At least, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.

We’ll let Windhorst explain how that is playing across the NBA:

“Whatever you want to say about LaVar Ball, he has smoked out the fact that the Lakers do not support Luke Walton. And that is now crystal clear. And there are now guys out there wondering openly to me — executives, coaching agents — who the Lakers are going to hire as their next coach. Because that has been revealed here: That they do not have unconditional support for Luke.”

“I got executives in my ear, I got agents in my ear, saying, ‘Oh yeah, they’re probably going to hire David Fizdale.’”​

And why do people around the NBA think the Lakers will go after Fizdale? According to Windhorst, it’s because LeBron James likes Fiz and publicly supported him after his firing from the Memphis Grizzlies.

This is a lot of dots to connect, especially since we’re just four days removed from Windhorst’s ESPN colleague Ramona Shelburne reporting that Walton losing his job is “not even a real conversation.”​

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

inb4 Lavar is hired as the next coach.

roslolian and macho GRANDE like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member