1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The League [Season 4]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhino17, Oct 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I liked it except for the bit about the white sushi chef...that was unfunny and they kept bringing it up

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Rafi is so good... He reminds me of Leon from curb your enthusiasm in that his scenes usually just rock.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOVED paint knife

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

And the slow mo use of it by Taco.

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Good comparison. I would also compare Rafi to Randy Marsh on Southpark, in terms of if you know Randy Marsh will be the focus of a SP episode then you might as well just give the episode a B already with the potential for an A grade.
    With Rafi, as long as he gets a couple of scenes, he makes the show that much better imo.

Rafi- Legend!:grin:

6. ptR91

ptR91 Member

not that great of an episode, it had its moments

swim, swim, stab. lol

7. BigBird

yes it was disappointing. They need to incorporate more of the football comedy in there that it seems they've been lacking this season.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The reverse racism shtick was funny when they related it to white guys not drafting Peyton Hillis.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They absolutely do not. The football comedy is boring, not funy, and doesn't have a big enough audience. The show has done away with it for a reason. Most of my friends that love the show know nothing about football

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah the football aspects have never been funny to me with the exception of when they ran into Matt Forte at a party. Someone was like, Rafi you know what to do right? Rafi - "yeah, kill him"

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Rafi is the greatest! Pretty solid season...

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Agree on the former, disagree on the latter.

Rafi was fantastic on last week's episode. Just disgusting lol.:grin:

13. BigBird

Another classic that I find hilarious is the bit in the first season where they talk about how all black athletes are referred to as "class acts." I don't know why you guys hate on the football comedy...it is hilarious. The show is based on a fantasy football league and needs to continue to draw on that. Though I will admit some of the best moments are from non-football humor, like mr. mcgibblets

14. GRENDEL

I've really enjoyed this season, episodes have had me and the wife laughing more so than last year.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Finally caught up on this and the last episodes have been pretty solid...Sofia is so hot, obviously, but Vapora Sport had me laughing...

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I can't watch this show anymore.

Taco has never made me even crack a smile once.

The rest of the guys are douchebags with wives hotter than they could ever get in real life.

Ruxin is a wannabe Ari Gold.

I actually thought it was better when they kept the humor football related.

Show just sucks now though, don't really know why, I just can't seem to stand these guys.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How can people say that this show needs to "do away with the football humor"? How can a show based on FANTASY FOOTBALL do away with the very substance that the show is based off of?

That's like Dexter doing away with killing. That's like Lost doing away with the Island. That's like Breaking Bad doing away with meth cooking. That just makes literally zero sense! The football humor is what the show needs to focus on at least a few times each episode, no question about it.

On another note....Taco is pretty worthless as a character now, though I did enjoy his fake therapy sessions this season. The masturbation incompetency part with Andre was hilarious.

Rafi is still pure comedy gold and I wish he'd get worked in a few more times an episode.

But once again...a show can't get rid of it's initial draw. A show about a fantasy football league without any of the fantasy football is just a pointless show

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

The lucha libre scene with Rafi is gold! Taco offered to pee on him and then the edible panties and he asked her to sit on his face.

19. GRENDEL

It's the most direct deliver method! :grin:

2nd one last week was better than the first, another back to back episodes tonight.

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Anything with Rafi in it is gold. Absolutely loved the last episode. The chloroform scene had me in stitches.