1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The inevitable September Collapse of the Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by SooneRockStro, Aug 30, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

Did anyone catch that clip of gomer and Lance MC? Then our telecast referenced an article that gomer wants lance suspended for 10 games. Lol. Hodor is so disliked that his own countrymen talk to him the least when they reach base. They rather chat with choo.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

From what little I've heard of Nitkowski, he's pretty good on the radio/tv.

I wish late 90's CJ was in the Stros pen right now. Where's Trever Miller when you need him?

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol nobody is afraid of odor. Hank conger isn't lol

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

5. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I'm enjoying the crowing of Arlington fans on the facebooks and radio...they win some games against bottom feeding teams and already it went from "this team sucks!" to "we can catch the Astros....they aren't good enough to win 100 games....we have the better team and talent....they will fold....etc". Maybe they are right, but I think they are in for a surprise when they witness the firepower of a fully operational battle-stros lineup.

6. Buck Turgidson

I'd like the Stros to beat the everliving**** out of them a few more times, crushing their hopes and dreams, before I start burying them.

They're still dangerous, if they can tread water or better until Hamels gets back (which has happened so far), get Beltre back and he gives them anything/something, get a piece or 2 for the pen...they're no pushovers.

The gloating is premature. Seriously doubt they can really contend for the division, but a WC run and them playing us tough after the break is not far-fetched.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The gloating is not premature in the least. Ive been gloating on how good we are as a team that has the best record in baseball. I have refrained from trash talking about the rangers however. Trash talk would be premature and Ive been waiting for after the next Silver Boot series to kick that off. I have a pretty good feeling about it though.

wouldabeen23 and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The best part about this Astros team is that they aren't scared of ANYBODY in the league.....especially not those sucker-punching, sister-kissing ****bags in Cowtown. Between the Bregman tweet (which I really wish he hadn't apologized for), the McCullers throw behind Napoli, and McCann not taking any **** when the benches cleared, it's obvious we're not cowering to these assholes any longer. We're going to ram that Silver Boot straight up Broadway on our way to claiming the division.

Pen15clubber and wouldabeen23 like this.
  9. conquistador#11

It's not a race until september. So I don't think the rangers are anywhere near dead but that doesn't mean I can't dislike their players. Gomez out for weeks.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  10. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

They just won't die

Pen15clubber and wouldabeen23 like this.
  11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Their last three series were against two last place teams and a third who is 0.5 game out of last place. Just saying.

12. wouldabeen23

I've taken the same line, but they try and draw me off sides with ridiculous comments about Houston and the Astros....so, i come here to vent and share my true feelings in a safe space

13. wouldabeen23

They are dangerous with Belts and Hammels. However, we have the swagger and the guts this time around. I'm with you, nothing less than crushing their souls and shutting up all those die-hard fans since 2010 will do, IMHO

14. Buck Turgidson

I don't think there's a Broadway in Dallas, could be wrong, but there's one in SA. That didn't work out so well.

craigharmann likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Really?? I could have sworn it was just west of Douchebag Blvd, across from $30,000 Millionaire Park.

And yes, from what I understand, the traffic on Broadway in SA apparently only runs in one direction, and that's straight east.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

<NapoleonDynamite "Lucky! gif>

Rangers catch all the breaks.

Pen15clubber and houstonstime like this.
  17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I just ate on Broadway in SA.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

They have done more than tread water. They have won 9 in a row, albeit vs last place teams (A's, Philly, Padres). Even so, they have gotten back that feeling of success.

We can take their temperature again in early June.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They are winning again. Somebody chump these fools!