1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets record since Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Mar 19, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with Melo - unless you think he was bad luck.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

right....now photoshop melo's head onto mccartney's body....DO IT FOR ME I DON'T HAVE PHOTOSHOP lol

extra gold stars if you can get Morey's head onto Farley's body

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson, FLASH21 and Baqui99 like this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was never a fan of the Melo signing. Never liked him as a player, particularly now with his diminished quickness. However Melo sure as hell wasn't the only problem we had to start the season. It isn't as if we took off as soon as we dumped him, we still stumbled around for a full month afterward playing .500 ball.

Gordon was absolute garbage to start the season, Paul was barely going through the motions, nobody was giving any real effort on the defensive end, and we were counting on James Ennis for significant wing minutes. Frankly the person most at fault for the slow start is Daryl Morey.

However Carmelo was certainly a noticeable part of the problem. I'm glad Morey is willing to acknowledge a f**kup and fix it quickly. Now our roster is stronger than the one we had in last year's postseason IMO. All in all, it was a damn impressive cleanup job while tiptoeing the luxury tax line.

5. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Melo wasn't to blame for our struggles. He didn't even do anything controversial, and the situation still created all this drama. But CF would have you believe that even with this franchise's experiences with the Dwightmare and the Melodrama, having LBJ here would have been all fine and dandy and everyone would have accepted their shafted roles and gotten on swimmingly. [​IMG]

Jontro and don grahamleone like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Melo was bad......

[​IMG]

I was a fool for thinking CP and Harden could make it work with Cara-de-melon.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Damn you. I didn't see your request for the photo, and just thought from your first post that you wanted to see if anyone got the joke.

Now I just wasted 15 minutes doing this stupid photo ... i had to :)

[​IMG]

I'll leave it to @Os Trigonum to add the caption.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t doubt Anthony played some part (possibly) but the injury to Paul and a complete lack of depth was the biggest culprit. The Rockets were rolling out 3-4 NBA caliber players some nights.

Adding Nene, Rivers, House and Faried made a huge difference. Nene doesn’t seem like much, but him back healthy really helped us in some match ups.

Deuce likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

He gave D’Antoni diarrhea.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

it definitely had an effect. he may not have been the most glaring or biggest but he surely was part of the issue. hou never needed him at this stage of his career and they're better without him

11. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

Its been such a weird season. All the offseason moves were awful, the team stank to start the year. Then Melo got dumped, Harden started playing like the goat, all the other mutants got tossed, and a bunch of random useful players just showed up. Now the rockets are playing great and are a deeper team than last year. Weird and soap opera-tastic. Very entertaining. Now if only local sports talk radio new we had a pro team...

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The fact that NO ONE has picked up Melo tells you all you need to know.

DD

hongxingli likes this.
  13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Apologies...

He would have been dumped in the nice beaches of Miami if that org. wasn't full of punks.

Deuce, Easy and BaselineFade like this.
  14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I really was worried that they wouldn't let go of Melo because he's best friends with Chris Paul. Thank God that didn't influence them.

15. KingCheetah

That's why we have to trust Morey -- he took a small gamble adding Melo on a vet minimum and didn't overpay to bring back replaceable vets. He was trashed for the first half of the season, but once again Morey worked his magic and the Rockets are a top contender heading into the playoffs.

Johnbutte likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

Melo is non-potable and D'Antoni was warned multiple times not consume him.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Obviously the KEY is the KEY.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A nuisance.

19. KingCheetah

How though?

20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. I was bummed that we missed out on Ellington. Dude is still close to 40% on over 7 3 point attempts per game. I think he would have been the perfect fit in our system but that’s old news now.

Morey did a heck of a job making up for the Melo/MCW mistakes, and hopefully we have enough to win it all regardless.