1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The HORRIBLE offensive foul calls that James Harden is receiving lately in games has to stop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Nov 15, 2017.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Onto the next game guys

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So were the fouls bullshit or not?
    I say they were bullshit
    You can play semantics and whataboutism
    but Those were bullshit

Rocket River

3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

All we hear about is how “fast the game is” and how a ref has “a split second to make a call” so I’ve said it before but the officiating can trend so bad in one game that I think at some point they’ll have to give each coach a couple challenges specifically for fouls.

There is absolutely ZERO issue with the length of the games so if a couple challenges stretched out a game an extra 15 mins big deal, at least they get a chance to get it right. Especially if it is a 4th, 5th or 6th foul, or a last second three point foul etc.

Coaches may have to burn a 20 sec TO to get that extra look but it would be worth it. From there the league could start ranking a refs foul over turn rate and so on

Let me add that they obviously would have to rule on certain plays and what could be challenged and what could not.

DonKnock and Downtown Sniper like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Are there videos of the fouls? I thought the calls were fair when I saw it during the game.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Videos or it didn't happen.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Even the call where harden was charging forward in open court and defender full speed slides infront of him?

DonKnock likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yes. Maybe because I was watching the Toronto feed that affected my perception. Like I said, I would like to see the video.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about? Trig does this to everyone. You're not special in any way to him and the fact that you said this implies you don't read other people's ideas. Talk about an ego...

I mean this is a pretty good thread if true and all, but your ego man...

DonKnock likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't this Discussed already? Harden is being Silvered this season because the league doesn't find Harden's game entertaining enough because it slows crap down. They give Kobe and Jordan "special rules". They let Malone and Stockton get away with murder. They let the mavs pass from out of bounds. Maybe Les never paid the Nba Mafia their monthly protection fee? Maybe we just need Chris Paul to put Houston on TV more with fancy passes... hell I am starting to believe that if the Chris Paul trade from New Orleans to the Lakers didn't include Pau Gasol coming to Houston it wouldn't have been Sterned. Maybe it was because we beat their Marketable Knicks that year or maybe it was because we beat their beloved team of the future Magic? Who knows.... it has been quite obvious that the league isn't letting James Harden draw fouls anymore.

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden just needs to play his game, he doesn’t need to initiate contact to score. I’m glad they call some of those fouls on offense. He got 19 FTs so this conspiracy is busted. Nice try though!

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's not true. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ME my RocketsTruth!!!! you on the other hand are simply some Capela-misspelling miscreant who occasionally comes up with a good photochop. You are nothing to me Donn Grahamm Leonee

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

OP is the basketball version of Alex Jones

13. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Harden needs to stop pushing defenders with his offhand on his stepback, specially on the top of the key. He does it every single time.

Other superstars including Handen gets away with it. BUT now that he is under the spotlight, sorry, fouls will be called as it IS a foul.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dezerves it's owwn mispeling

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps they only gave him 19 to stop conspiracy talks

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

any predictions on tonight's reffing? If there's an Adam Silver-ordered conspiracy, do they just go straight through the schedule and screw Harden every single game? or do they take an occasional night off to throw @RocketsTruth off the scent? seriously, what's the conspiracy protocol here, I'm feeling like we're in uncharted waters

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't think anyone would have any complaint if this were true.

I know personally, my biggest gripe is that it's called one way and not called another.

*hello LeBron forearm right into Ariza's chest for a defensive foul

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Nigel Thornberry

I agree! If he sneezes he gets a foul

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yes, the biggest issue is internal consistency.

You can’t call something one way for one team and completely different for another.

swyyyguy likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

don't worry Adam Silver got it all covered he does look like a very pedantic dude