1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The Gap" begins

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tozai, Jun 16, 2003.

1. tozai

tozai Member

Well, it's finally here. It's already sort of been here, but now it's started. The gap between the last basketball game and the first football game. Agony. If you don't like baseball, how do you keep yourself sane? What are some things that you all do during the "offseason" haha?

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

If you don't like baseball, you have no hope of keeping yourself sane anyways.

3. dn1282

dn1282 Member

isn't wimbledon supposed to be coming up soon? and then US open too...

I just want to see Daniela Hantuchova and that supermodel body that she has. Forget Anna K.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have to deal with this every summer. No Football, no basketball. ITS PURE HELL. my advice is to tape football all year so you can relive last season... even if that may be painful for you Texas fans.
    :)

5. Isabel

Isabel Member

The National Gymnastics Championship is coming up soon.

(doubt it makes most of you guys feel any better) :D

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Ugh.

This is also the time when the late night sports wrap-ups are least entertaining. Not much of a baseball fan, so 'The Gap' sucks.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

AFL baby!!!

www.afl.com.au

that and watch all the rockets games R2K gave me, while playing with my bobbleheads.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

wnba

Rocket River
    I have a basketball jones. . . it is like being addicted to crack . . .. if u cannot get crack . . . .. cigarettes will do

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It's time to go fishing.

10. drapg

drapg Member

There's great golf tournaments, we just finished some solid horse racing, and baseball. If you don't like any of the three, I pity you. A true sports afficionado you are not.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is the dreaded time of the year. I am NOT a baseball fan and this part of the year is just pure agony! And watching Sports Center with all those baseball hightlights is torture!

We still have the NBA Draft on June 26th. Then NBA Free Agency starts on July 1st and there are summer league games in July to keep track of.
    Then in the middle of July NFL training camps start and I keep track of those until the NFL pre-season games start in August. It isn't easy but that's how I keep sane this time of the year! ;)

Other than the fact that my birthday is in July, I hate this time of year! :p

12. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

I'm a tennis and golf fan, so this time of year is heaven for me. We just had two weeks of the French Open and now we're getting ready for two weeks of Wimbeldon. Plus, there's PGA, LPGA and European Tour golf tournaments every weekend for the next couple of months. From June-Sept, I spend most weekends clicking between different events (obviously, I still haven't gotten my picture-in-picture widescreen television yet). :)

13. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Time for more Golf and Baseball!!

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Like, oh my god. I was talking with Becky yesterday at the Gap and like, I dropped my comb!!! Then this majorly cute guy walked by and he was like, "Hey, you dropped your comb" and I was like, "Oh my god! I CAN'T believe I did that!!!" Then he was like, "Well, bye" and I was like, "Whatever!" It was, like, totally freaky! Oh my god!!

15. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

You ain't never lied....

16. tozai

tozai Member

Haha, I guess not. It's basketball, football, soccer. In that order. The only horse racing anyone cares about lasts like a total of 10 minutes with like 10 hours of coverage. Belmont stakes preview. Pre-preview of the Belmont...
    Even NFL europe and arena league are done...arghh
    Does a sports aficionado like curling?

I just remembered the summer league games though. Those are brutal to watch, but it's something.

17. IVFL

IVFL Member

I second that, also boxing is still on. I have become a big fan of boxing recently.

18. tozai

tozai Member

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to mention boxing. Did you see Gatti-Ward III? That was crazy.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Play the video games to get your fix. Or play outside. watch slam ball (can anyone imagine slam football?)

20. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

I've almost forced myself to enjoy baseball for this very reason. As good as it is, NBA Live can only go so far.

The five-month offseason makes GreenVegan76 go something something.