1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The future of the EU and the UK, post-Brexit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, that won't happen, Ireland has benefited greatly from being part of the EU, they don't benefit to the same extent as the more extreme freeloading countries, but it's not something they'd want to give up.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Haha yeah Im only responding in the hopes some other posters here who may not know what is going on will get a glimpse of the situation.

Because if there is no deal Brexit the **** will hit so much the fan there may well be deaths in the streets.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now, that said, if the UK has a hard Brexit, it'll mean that the EU will have to make up for that loss in funds somewhere, and that could change the relationship Ireland has with the EU. If they flip into the negative I could see them wanting to leave. As of right now though it's worth it for them to give up their sovereignty for economic benefit. Caring about things like sovereignty is only something strong countries can afford to care about.

4. dmoneybangbang

Why not? I owned Bobby so hard he actually put me on ignore.

5. dmoneybangbang

Lol “value national sovereignty” or “thoughtlessly defer”.

Come on Spartacus... are you capable of any nuance or just emotion based absolutism?

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And then we got a moderator for this forum, perhaps with that sort of bad behavior in mind.

7. dmoneybangbang

The Greeks and Italians are like Republicans... they don’t want to pay taxes but still want entitlements.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I have that honor as well. Bobby is a such a snowflake! :D

9. dmoneybangbang

I hope so. Trolls like Bobby (already banned once) need to go.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I do not think that Bobby is the poster that we need to be concerned about just now.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Some people here could be cheering that on, just to watch the spectacle.

Maybe @MojoMan should move to the UK to live in the No Deal UK paradise. Or maybe he should just STFU.

malakas likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

I dont understand what the heck my nationality has to do with this discussion. If I was french would the same bullcrap be posted?
    If so , lets pretend I am from Mars and get back on topic. I am Martian and still have the same opinions now what?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's relevant to your bias in this issue. If you didn't have that bias, it's very possible you'd have a different opinion.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I assume that all Martians are perfectly fine with the UK exiting the EU, if that is what the British people want to do. And I certainly have not seen any getting worked up about it, one way or another.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Yup

I would be all for blood, starvation , terrorism and economic catastrophe if I was an Earthling.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason you are passing on that ridiculous rhetoric is due to your pro EU bias. You have a financial incentive to parrot that laughable nonsense in the hopes that you'll fool people into believing it.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Leave how?
    Disappear from the map?
    Do you have any suggestion to solve the Northern Ireland backstop problem?

* The Irish Republic joining under the queen doesnt count

Nook likes this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If the UK leaves the EU with no deal, then there will be no 'backstop' and therefore there will be no problem with the 'backstop', since there will not be one.

19. dmoneybangbang

How so?

I can’t help it if others posters are using hyperbole and emotion based arguments.

20. malakas

malakas Member

My conversation with Bobby in this thread summed up:

- Hey Bobby, you know the sun rises from the east. It is explained with science, physics and math and you can even see it with your own eyes every morning. Here is the proof take a look.
    -Hmmm, I cant possibly believe what someone of your kind tells me. Greek the scum of the earth. It must arrive from the West, I dont care!