1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah... don't think @Os Trigonum deserves this. He's been consistently posting Turley, FWIW. And Turley isn't dumb, even if he has a bias. And he's totally correct about diplomats. Where he's wrong here, IMHO, is ignoring the huge data-dump of bleeding red meat that Sondlund is delivering to the floor of the House! Good lord. (I guess Trump never learns that all his investors eventually grow cold to his schtick. D'oh.)

I think you also (maybe someone else) went after Os a bit when he posted the ratings. I thought the ratings were interesting, and they are important.

Cheers!

Os Trigonum, RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Repugs /trump are going to turn on this sondland guy right now in real time

3. B-Bob

Yeah, should be entertaining to watch them go after a Trump voter, major Trump donor, and Trump water carrier for years ... as a never-Trumper. D'oh!

This should be Gym's finest moment, youtube-able forevah.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

btw, Michael Smerconish, former republican, is perhaps one of the most independent voices the the media. He has been pretty sckeptical of the impeachment effort... up to now.

Nook likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely respect Turley and generally agree with Turley. Turley has been on this track trying to deny the case for impeachment all along. So now that the reasons given for doubting the case are countered with solid evidence, Turley decides to choose this as the time for lashing out at the process for how some ambassadors have been chosen since colonial times. While he's at it, he'll also lash out at doing business with Giuliani etc.

Had Turley just said I maintain my reasons for what I had written previously but those grounds don't really hold up any more, I would be fine with it. But instead, there is flailing and lashing out at everything. I included Os because he hitched his wagon to Turley's team.

He was being playful in his digs at others with 'Keep Hope Alive'. I was fine with it, and I thought it was fun. So I had hoped my digs at him were in kind with his posts.

On the subject of ratings... They might be interesting, but they aren't really a reason why Congress should impeach or not impeach. They aren't pieces of evidence exonerating the President or condemning him.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. B-Bob

Okay. But it's important at a pragmatic level, is all I'm saying. If people aren't watching (and by-in-large they are not, or like me, cannot), then will any hearts and minds be changed? Few. So that means all the red-state senators will have very little reason to vote for the obvious facts of the case. That's where I think it's relevant.

On the moral imperatives here, totally agree. We have to go through the process.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nunez looked like he just saw a ghost.

B-Bob, Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He is on your ass...lol.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bribery 101.

"Bribery" is not defined in the Constitution, but it has long been defined in federal criminal law. Under long-standing precedent, a public official commits bribery when he or she: (1) seeks or demands; (2) something of value personally; (3) in return for being influenced in an official action; with (4) corrupt intent. Here, the public record contains evidence that seems sufficient to satisfy each of these elements.

Trump committed Bribery which is SPECIFICALLY called out for Impeachment in the constitution.

GET A ROPE !

DD

seemoreroyals and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's got that old we are ****ed look.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

Sondland is such an imp that constant little smirk is telling.

Nook likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Sondland is an American hero to stand up to the mob like that......in open.......

It will show how weak Trump really is.....and encourage others.

DD

15. myco

myco Contributing Member

Sondland is saving his own ass. Doesn't mean what he says isn't true, but let's cool the jets on erecting him a statue..

AleksandarN, jiggyfly, Amiga and 3 others like this.
  16. DaDakota

But he stood up and spoke out - you don't see Mulvany doing that yet.

DD

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

All of this for freaking Biden.

Makes you think what did Trump and his team do behind closed doors regarding H Clinton and Russia that there is proof of. If he is dumb enough to do this while on record something that is clearly wrong to do.
    What a F’ing moron.

18. KingCheetah

Nunez is shook and flailing all over the place.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

There is no doubt this is just the TIP of the iceberg.

DD

20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member