1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're already accusing him of nepotism and corruption. They do not care. They are not honest actors.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

From Friday, some dude spewing a whole lotta facts and stuff

3. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. Trump followed that up shortly after where Mueller determined that Trump associates deleted communications.

It took Trump how many years to become as swampy as the Clintons... 2 year? Your boy Trump breaking swampy records!

Lol. Flaccid response from a trump supporter. I mean the GOP already argued Trump doesn’t know right vs wrong.

You have no problem withholding aid in order to get a foreign country to make a statement/investigate a political rival? I bet you think Nixon was correct in abusing power!

Instead of an open and transparent investigation, they sent Michael Cohen 2.0.... Lol. I think we both know why your boy Trump refused to allow witnesses....

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm going to be much quicker on the trigger than you. If Biden has half the appearance of impropriety that Trump now does, I'll be discussing impeachment. I don't treat the office cheaply.

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and B@ffled like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

Is this the same ken starr?

RayRay10, joshuaao and jboslett like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

Another trump defense/lie shot to bits... that Europe hasn't provided aid to ukraine...

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The fact that Biden is a running in 2020 doesn't move me. In ALL of the testimony collected and all of the facts presented not one person on the stand or in their testimony finished the sentence with ".....to smear his political candidate in the 2020 election." Don't get me wrong, that's an easy assumption to draw. And I don't fault anyone for doing so. AND it has smeared Biden, no doubt. But the evidence only shows that he wanted to investigate him because of what he said on TV about having the prosecutor fired and because his son was making bank by being on the board of Burisma (I don't see that as a crime, btw...I'd love to be a board member). So again, let's deal in facts and not assumptions UNTIL THEY BECOME FACTS.

Here's a FACT: John Bolton's unpublished memoir claims Trump told him the aid was tied to the investigations. I believe that's probably true, but it's unpublished and leaked....illegally, I might add. But the only FACT in that statement is "John Bolton's unpublished memoir claims...." It's important to understand how to tell the difference in FACT and assertions. An assertion may become a FACT. Until it does, it's still an assertion.

I'll be the first one posting here if Bolton blows up the trial and Trump is proven guilty. Get him out if that's the case. I'm content to make unpopular comments here in the D&D until the impeachment and Ukraine stuff is fished out. And next election I'll probably turn back to lurking. Because I'm not interested in attacking an elected president because I don't like or agree with them. It just doesn't interest me.

10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You've made that clear in some previous conversation. I look at impeachment as the last resort. And the answer given for not removing Clinton actually resonates with me. Lying about getting some BJ action doesn't add up to removing him from office. Even though he committed a felony. At the time I was outraged. I understand it a little better now.

pirc1 and JuanValdez like this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why is the leak of the memoir illegal? It's not a government document nor classified in any way.

12. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. You send Michael Cohen 2.0 to Ukraine for what exactly....

You wait for the facts regarding Clinton? Whoops!! Unlike you, I don’t hide behind some faux personas.

Lol....A trump supporter to playing the “wait for the facts”.

Until Trump can prove he isn’t a liar and allow witnesses to testify, these are the facts.

Lol. You joined in Oct 2019.... you realize we can look at your posting history? You were lurking until you decided to join to post in D&D?

LOLOLOLOL.

TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.
  13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Maybe I'm wrong about the legality of it but Bolton's counsel submitted to the White House to review, object or assert privilege or whatever and neither the White House or Bolton's counsel signed off on the content being released to the public. I believe his lawyer was saying yesterday that the WH has a problem in that someone inside the vetting process leaked it.

I know, I just railed on about FACTS...lol. So let me correct myself by saying I assume that is illegal.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

yeah, it’s nahhht illegal. Publishers can do crap like this to create buzz.

No Worries, Amiga and joshuaao like this.
  15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Uh yeah.. I've stated that and been consistent in what I've said. My old user name was Bman or Bm@n....not sure which but couldn't log in with that so rejoined under B@ffled. I've had the same gmail address since the 90's and I've been coming to Clutch's site when it was Clutch City and Popeye and Doc Rocket were the inside guys. The D&D has always been interesting and for some reason, I find it to be a better gauge of how to judge both sides, particularly the left's views on things. Most of you guys aren't as whacky as CNN's hosts. I don't go to any right wing forums. As a matter of fact I only go to guitar or work related forms. This D&D is solid. And that's coming from someone who is attacked for my political beliefs any time I state them here. I don't understand why there is a mob mentally to attack differing ideas or beliefs (as crazy as you think/know they are). I guess after re-hashing it for the millionth time frustration starts to show.

MojoMan likes this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

And let me clarify this: I'm willing to concede I might be wrong. That's a helluva lot more that I've heard out of the majority here. With all due respect ;)

MojoMan likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

And then... describes rudy as an "internationally recognized expert on fighting corruption."

And then... outright lies and says rudy was never subpoenaed...

btw, if you don't know raskin, she is in this picture of rudy and lev parnas...

joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Sure sure sure. I can only go by what you posted and your very short history not discussing basketball.

It’s not really different ideas/beliefs when it’s Trump talking points. It’s pretty obvious why Trump/GOP are burying the evidence.... there’s literally no good defense to what Trump did regarding Ukraine.

And doesn’t even begin to touch on the nature of checks and balances that have been put into question. I hope Trump is worth it.

19. NewRoxFan

20. NewRoxFan

Wow... quoting testimony that was later changed... that's a new one...

FranchiseBlade likes this.