1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yet another trump lie?

[​IMG]

#3361 NewRoxFan, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

So mojoman can feel at home...

[​IMG]

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Chance of removal from office is virtually nil, i say 1/1000. Chance of Boltan testify is slightly higher, I would say 1/100. That's your GOP senate.

B-Bob and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

What goes around, comes around. Now when a Dem gets the presidency, the GOP can't complain about abuse of power or any other bullshit even when it's bright as day.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Pretty much, if old Joe is selected as Democrat candidate, I don't want to hear from any Trump supporter about nepotism or corruption talking points.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The issue is the GOP control of the Supreme Court & the flood of Trump appointees to the courts. The same rules will NOT apply to a Dem president. We all know this. Only a Republican president could get away with blatant corruption and obstruction because of the courts.

Yes... they have ruled in the Dems favor when they get to a final ruling (see McGahn ruling), but it taking 9+ months even just for an appeals court ruling is no accident. If Biden or Bernie is president, and the Republicans hold the House and/or Senate, expect a ruling against Biden/Bernie to take days, not months. With a court system with that much power under minority party rule, there's no way that a Dem president could get away with this because there would be quick and stark rulings against the president if he broke the law which would make it impossible for public opinion to not turn fast.

Trump is using the courts as his way of blocking all the facts, and as a tactical device for stalling out everything with a DOJ that is acting more like Mob Lawyers than independent arbiters of Justice. The Dems won't have that type of power if they win the presidency for at least 20 years.

#3366 dobro1229, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Two words, Harry Reid.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

35% of this country is already there. trump supporters are nothing more than cult memebers and they will not only tolerate a dictator, its what they want.

9. dmoneybangbang

And they are going far and beyond Harry Reid who was only acting because bipartisan was killed under Newt Gringich.

JayGoogle and Andre0087 like this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Is this a Quid Pro Quo you are offering? :D

I'll offer this up: If 'Sleepy Joe' is elected. The word impeachment will not come from my mouth UNLESS an investigation yields something impeachable. And by impeachable I mean, that it is obvious and it's a bi-partisan process that determines it. Give the man his due process and both sides can make their case in the House and then in the Senate if it goes there. But impeachment should be the absolute last resort, not the first two words coming out of House members mouth the day he's elected. Is that too hard to agree on?

Frankly, this whole Ukraine thing is gonna stain Joe and son. If the Repubs win back the House, you can count on a thorough investigation, and I guess the Senate is already heading there. Dems would be smart to avoid this all together by putting up another candidate.

I was never one to pile on and pick at Obama and his policies. I understand I'm in the minority and the right media attacked him every F-ing day he was in office. What comes around goes around. I get that. But I'm not going down that road if a Dem wins. I've lived through many a president. The only thing that's changed is government has gotten bigger and more invasive into the American people's lives. The politicians are still crooks and I expect that tradition to continue.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Are you a Trump supporter? I never knew! :p

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Hiding behind the courts is what happened because we never got the full story.

I realize you Trump supporters take after your president and hide from the truth. You pretend like you want to hear the truth....

Yet not a peep about Trump’s own nepotism... not a peep about why Michael Cohen 2.0 was sent under presidential orders... not a peep that Mulvaney and Trump already admitted it and said so what....

No balls... no pride... Un-american...

13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I didn't vote for him or anyone the first time around. I found myself supporting him as the Dems and the media kept feeding us unproven allegations as if they were facts or foregone conclusions. It just didn't sit well with me. If he gets removed from office, I won't shed a tear and if the Repubs would primary him, I'd definitely vote in a different direction. The guy is morally corrupt. But he's effectively been true to his campaign promises. I say the means do not justify the end and that goes for both sides, which are playing dirty. I support him less and less every day but I'm holding out hope that ALL of this nonsense results in exposing the corruption within our own government regardless of which side is doing it. And if him being elected 2016 results in this exposure - McCabe, Comey, Clapper....maybe Biden, certainly Schiff...let's not leave out Nunes, who actually like, and certainly Trump; I would consider the swamp being drained and judge his term as successful. Impeached or not.

Let's hear from witnesses!! Otherwise the impeachment is over and it was just a stunt to turn votes in 2020. Also, I'm not cool with having folks leak the things that have been leaked. I'm not down with it if it's coming from a Dem. president or Repub. president. I don't hold these Dbags in high esteem.

T_Man likes this.
  14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. no he hasnt.

his primary campaign promise was that he was going to make mexico pay for his wall.
    he also said that he would eliminate the federal debt, but he has increased it.
    he said he would expand the economy at 4%/year.
    he said he would make no cuts to medicare of social security, but he is trying to do that now.
    he said he would repeal and replace obamacare. now he says he will only unveil his plan if he gets reelected.
    he said he would unveil a $1 trillion infrastructure plan...where is it?
    he would not have time to play golf, but instead has spent more time on the golf course than any other president.
    he said that he was capable of acting like a rational adult once he got into office.

RayRay10, SamFisher, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Were you one of the outspoken ones when Hillary busted up the laptops and phones that were subpoena'd? If not, where were your balls and American pride?

I have no problem with withholding aid and investigating Biden if he believes there's something to it. You guys say it's strictly to smear and taint the 2020 election. But you know that is bullsh!t because Rudy has Trump's ear. So even if Rudy is wrong, Trump's intention MIGHT be justified.

16. NewRoxFan

Investigating corruption and Biden's son by sending his shady personal lawyer and his russian gangster connections... yea, that sounds legit...

RayRay10, jiggyfly, jboslett and 2 others like this.
  17. havoc1

havoc1 Member

This is not a good line of reasoning. Even if Rudy has Trumps ear and fed him all of this misinformation, why do you think it interested Trump? It’s obvious that it interested him because it involved Joe Biden, who at the time was the biggest threat to his re-election.

Also if Trump is dumb enough to believe Rudy over his intelligence agencies that doesn’t suddenly justify his actions. It means he can’t be trusted to use good judgement when it comes to not extorting foreign countries.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I do like the fact that you stated WHY and answered the questions without a lot of mumble jumbo bs...

I agree that he has done some evil crap to get some of the stuff he wants...

We may not agree on a lot of things, but I like your opinionated post..

T_Man

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

No a real big fan on The Law*, I see.

BTW, Trump did not want an investigation of 2016 Ukrainian election interference or of Hunter Biden's work with Burisma. All Trump wanted was announcement of the investigation.

* G.A.O. Report Says Trump Administration Broke Law in Withholding Ukraine Aid