1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and I take it that's why @Roc Paint believes the Democrats have f*cked up

Roc Paint likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting side note... trump finally managed to get more votes (received more votes for impeachment than Clinton and Jackson)...

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Run It Back

4. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

lol. The democrats actually impeached Trump for Joe Biden's crimes!

Corrosion and luckystrikes like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All I know is something had to be done. Trump is a lawless chump. I just get angry/worried because the Dems always screw everything up. They can never grasp the narrative as effectively as the Republicans. Republicans are so adept at politics, they got the country to believe the Mueller report was a nothing burger. That's expert, elite subterfuge.

I think impeachment was fine. Trump could/should have been impeached for far worse! Whatever, but there is no plan, there is no strategy. Republicans ALWAYS have a strategy to screw America and it is really frustrating.

6. NewRoxFan

I find it interesting to see people admiring the republican party's ability to screw America. It aligns with another thread that found that most republicans don't really care about their candidate's character, or more precisely, the lack of character. Somewhere, some time ago, a significant number of people have gone in a really bad direction. Hopefully one day we can get back...

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Both sides need to come back to the middle a little bit.
    One group got too sensitive and politically correct...the other side went bat sh** crazy.
    Really interesting to see how divided people are now.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Politics tend to swing like a pendulum... a few years of one party, then a few years of the other party. But has there ever been anything like trump? Even Nixon and Agnew (enemy lists, "nattering nabobs") at their very worse didn't go to the extremes we are seeing now.

da_juice likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You know Bill Clinton is loving this regardless of what happens in the Senate.

da_juice and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe because it's as simple as it is. Every single House Republicans through this impeachment have purposely and knowingly generated and/or repeated craps.

da_juice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And regardless of what happens in the Senate, Trump today is experiencing The Horror. The king of projection on impeaching Obama in 2014:

"and go through what Bill Clinton did? He would be a mess. He would be thinking about nothing but. It would be a horror show for him. It would be an absolute embarrassment. It would go down on his record permanently."

No Worries, RayRay10 and da_juice like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What I want to know is why don’t the Republicans and Trump voters point their vitriol at Bill Barr who is the primary person responsible for Trump getting impeached?

Barr had the ability when the whistleblower complaint went to DOJ to have this instance stay under Barr’s wing by appointing a Trump friendly Special Counsel. Had Barr not done the smart political move for Trump to keep the investigation under their nose, the House would not of even thought about launching an impeachment inquiry and writing up articles until the special counsel was completed which would have been after 2020.

Barr really screwed Trump by not appointing a special counsel. He should have known better than to not realize this is obviously bad and will obviously get both Trump impeached and at the same time will get me in trouble by rigging the DOJ by turning a blind eye to obvious wrongdoing.

RayRay10, astros123 and da_juice like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Barr is an ideologue who truly believes in unchecked presidential power. He cannot call for a special counsel as that would be against his belief.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

NO!!!! Trump,

Really screwed up by breaking the law...

You guys keep trying to divert over the fact that he broke the law...

T_Man

No Worries and da_juice like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Cash money homie.

Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Here's the trump/republican response to today...

17. dobro1229

Yes of course. I’m just saying if I was a corrupt Trump strategist, the way to truly cover up Trumps crimes and protect him politically would have been this strategy.

Thankfully I care about the country, democracy, the rule of law, and all that.

18. dobro1229

This is such nonsense. They forget that Impeachment is political in nature. Sure... it could be the norm if Congress wants to lose the next election cycle. If the Republicans had the political capital to impeach Obama they would have done it 50 times in the House.

The fact is it is always the political tool that Reince is talking about. It’s just never used because rarely does the opposing party have the politics on their side to actually go through with it.

Let them threaten to impeach Biden or Warren all they want in 21. See what the poling looks like on impeaching them for whatever nonsense they cook up and see if they have the balls to put their money where their mouth is.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Of course. Did it happen after Jackson? After Clinton? Instead of posing ridiculous threats of what won't happen... republicans should look inward and clean house.

RayRay10 and Sajan like this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member

I stay out of this stuff (i don't have facebook or twitter...so that helps). I read and gauge the political climate and you are right..this is definitely a new low.