1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. nobody is doubling down on baron. as i said in the very post you are quoting..."kids should be left out of politics." and the professor apologized for her comment.

trump was the one who doubled down when he was given an opportunity to apologize for attacking POWs...he never apologized for that. just like he never apologized for insulting a gold star mother. just like how he never apologized for mocking a guy with cerebral palsy.

when has trump ever apologized for anything?

have you ever condemned trump for his rhetoric?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... comforting that trump's campaign manager knows so little about what he is doing and even less on what he tweets...

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

For mojomen...

[​IMG]

Rashmon and No Worries like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Breathtaking.

5. NewRoxFan

While the impeachment hearings wrap up...

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll suggest a different lens. What is really the important thing is the moral character of the 535 members of Congress. We have a system in which they are elected by the people, but when in office we're trusting them to do the right and best things. The onus is on them. None of them should hide behind the voters, whether their constituencies want an impeachment or an acquittal. They are the experts, they have the tools and the information, they have the responsibility to make the right choices. The only reason it matters what voters think, and what swing voters in swing states think, is because we've accepted as a foregone conclusion that they will not have the courage of their convictions to make the right and best choice for the country, and will consider first their own self-interest.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If the Republicans would have done there job early in the process and stood up to Trump, things would be a lot different. But Ryan, Graham and McConnell thought they could manipulate Trump and it didn't work the way they expected... Now they have let the mad scientist have all the power and they can't control him..

[​IMG]

T_Man

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really understand the insinuation here -- what is insane about drinking in a pro-Russian hotel bar?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Criminal violation of FARA. It's a textbook example.

10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

"Neutral men are the devil's allies." Edwin Hubbel Chapin

11. NewRoxFan

Biden should agree... provided trump testify.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have no defense of Trump's actions, so they try and attack someone else. That isn't a defense of anything for which Trump is being impeached.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

Wow. Experts? I grossly overestimated you.

I guess I'm incredulous that you consider the 535 "experts" and what they want more important than the 330 million americans who they represent. There's a reason why Congress's approval rating is 24%. In less than 11 months we will have an election. A smart group would recognize that and let the people decide. But this isn't about being "smart" or letting the people decide anymore. They are SCARED OUT OF THEIR MIND the people might just put him back in. And despite the elitism you espouse above, I really DO think representatives should listen to their representatives. Call me crazy.

JuanValdez likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

coward-in-chief would have never appeared... he knows he would further incriminate himself...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Former republican, now Independent party congressman supports articles of impeachment...

16. dmoneybangbang

But what about when their citizens are cutting off their nose to spite their face?

We went “producers vs takers” and “personal responsibility” from 2008-2016 to “the world is taking advantage of us + establishment is bad” from 2016 onwards....

At some point we need some adults in the room and explain what “personal responsibility “ really is. You say elitism, I say the truth sometimes hurts.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. TheresTheDagger

Who's "truth"?

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The truth = the facts of this case.
    1. Trump held up aid approved by the Congress. That alone is enough to impeach. But there is more.

2. Trump didn't hold up the aid to demand an investigation. He demanded they make a public announcement of an investigation. The difference is significant and shows the interest was personal rather than one of national interest.

Those are facts. Those are the only ones needed to impeach, but there are more.

19. TheresTheDagger

1. I assume you're referring to the "Impoundment Control Act". Of course, the aid was eventually released in full before the end of the fiscal year so its not as cut and dried as you make it seem. The question becomes one of what the deadline for release was and was it met. In any case we are talking about a MAXIMUM delay of just a few weeks. And you feel this is worthy of impeachment. Hogwash.

Interesting that the Ukrainian officials involved CONTINUOUSLY deny any "demand" for a public announcement.

Those are opinions. Opinions aren't enough to impeach anyone.

20. TheresTheDagger

Yes, the district is so pro trump they elected a Democrat in 2018 for their rep. That computes. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, 45% approval is still lagging heavily 52% opposed.

I believe this is what is called trying to make Lemonade out of lemons. ;)