1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Eyes of Texas Problem

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by don grahamleone, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It depends on the circumstance but if a song debuts in black face at a minstrel show then it shouldn't be honorarily sung at events where the vast majority of the labor are unpaid black people who find it demeaning. You can sing the song at your house, in a bar but it's disrespectful to the kids putting their bodies on the line every week for our entertainment.

UTSA2step likes this.
  2. Brando2101

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/04/eyes-of-texas-ut-austin/

Anyone who thinks this issue is over is a moron. This song is going to be retired at the end of the season. Boomers can go watch nascar. The fact that we even have to have this discussion after the UT review board concluded that the song most likely debuted in black face is insane.

UTSA2step likes this.
  3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a prop bet for over/under amount of post-game fist fights in DKR this season once the song is played?

4. Brando2101

I'm sure everyone is going to be distracted by another disappointing home loss.

5. raining threes

I'm fairly certain those 55 students can be easily replaced.

They wont be missed.

6. Brando2101

It is so weird that this creepy old man cares this much about a school parody song for a school that he never even went to.

7. raining threes

I'm not old or creepy

Go back and eat your snowcone.

I do get your woke, elitist attitude though.

8. mtbrays

Supporting Member

The home schedule is absolutely awful this year. COVID or no, it’s one of the first seasons where I have no desire to go to a single game.

9. Buck Turgidson

Who cares? Change it as the times change, I imagine we'll all get over it.

10. Buck Turgidson

Uh, Louisiana, Tech and Okie State ain't bad.

11. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Louisiana. I'm not too enthused for Tech after how they've been in recent years and isn't OkSt projected to have a down year with Hubbard going pro? There will probably be lots of season ticket interest this year in the hopes of getting Alabama tickets in 2022.

12. Brando2101

Always excited to see the Ragin Cajuns. They were pretty good last year so it should be a fun game.

13. raining threes

All of the b!tching and whining over nothing is so woke.

SMDH

14. Buck Turgidson

If you can't get enthused about playing the Sand Aggies and Okie Jr, given how our games tend to go with them more often than not, I can't help ya.

eta: for some reason I thought Napier left the Cajuns for another job. He's only 21-4 over the last 2 years, somebody smart's gotta hire that guy, right? That game's got Maryland written all over it.

Hadn't even thought about the Bama ramifications...at this point I'm just hopeful there can be a full stadium in '22

#214 Buck Turgidson, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    mtbrays likes this.
  15. Brando2101

Serious question. No jokes. This is a safe place. Are you mentally disabled? Or do you perhaps have an age related dementia issue that makes it hard for you to understand complex matters? It's just that "it's nothing. Get rid of all of them!" has a very senile old man vibe to it. I mean... especially considering you have no connection to the school that you are obsessed with. Like what kind of psycho calls for firings or dismissals of employees, students and players of a school over a song for a school that they didn't attend? Has to be something wrong up there.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kinda like the revolving door of football coaches lol.

raining threes and Brando2101 like this.
  17. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Excellent point, they're always entertaining shootouts. I think I got used to Tech being a "Thanksgiving" game and not a "third degree September sunburn" game.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

I have shade trees in my yard, no sunburn for me. It would take a special night game to get me into the stadium again, hopefully this decade.

19. raining threes

Way to try to disparage me. Fail

Woke Man, shouldn't you be at a protest?

20. Brando2101

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.