1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The eating crow re Donald Trump thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JuanValdez, Nov 9, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It could come and bite them in their butts if he fails more miserably.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Obversely, the citizenry could be overwhelmingly relieved in he succeeds mightily. Personally, I pray that this is the case ... just as I did when Obama was elected in 2008 with a vision of hope and change.

AntiSonic likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thanks for the feedback. In my worldview though, eating crow involves admitting you were wrong; it doesn't require you to be happy about it.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

While I am happy (relieved actually) that Hillary lost, I sincerely hope you didn't think my posts in any way came across as gloating. If they did, that was not my intent.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I was wrong.

I thought that the United States was less of a hateful, racist and sexist country than it truly is.

There were many Americans that were ashamed of admitting that they agree with Trump on issues of hate because they knew it was wrong; but secretly voted for Trump.

Let's hope that people are not emboldened into thinking that it is okay to be sexist, racist and xenophobic because President Trump has made similar statements in the past.

Obviously Americans were willing to overlook multiple sexual assault claims (including with a young teenage girl), multiple bankruptcies costing American citizens billions of dollars, no taxes paid by Trump for a decade, claims that Muslims should be indefinitely quarantined, sexist comments directed at women, claims that Mexicans are rapists and a wall should be built to keep them out, fluctuating on core issues like the right to an abortion and a complete of understanding of simple policy issues.

I was wrong, the USA has been so prosperous and successful for so long that the population is willing to elect a reality television star with zero political experience.

malakas likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I never thought Americans could elect someone so completely incompetent, unqualified, ill tempered, and unfit for the office of president.

I was wrong.

We done jumped the shark...

malakas likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I feel like I'm defending Trump's supporters. Sure, there are the deplorable among them. But I feel there is a vast majority of them that isn't hateful, racist or sexist. Not understanding this and seeing what they really need could be THE reason why Clinton lost.

bnb likes this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why would y'all think he was going to win?

Almost every poll had him down substantially.

This brings us to a bigger issue. The media rigged the polls. If you saw their internals, they were coming out +1 to -1 for Trump consistently and then reweighted them to show a larger Clinton lead for what I suspect was a strategy to suppress the republican vote.

We had some conspiracist on here who happened to be right.

AntiSonic likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

The media portrayed him to be so much worse than he really is. He isn't the greatest human being but he was made to be much worse.

AntiSonic likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So you are saying the polls weren't wrong, but the media changed them?

11. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Never said that I accepted Trump's rhetoric. I've never denied that he has some interesting flaws. But I can work with him. Pretty much what Jesus did with his followers who were all less than perfect.

12. tmacfor35

I'm saying they were reweighted intentionally.

My thought is that the reweighting was a strategy. I could be wrong but I saw a few other people in here calling it out.

AntiSonic likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My personal opinion is that the polls weren't wrong, it's that the turnout wasn't what they thought it would be. You could have 90% of a population against something but if only the 10% that support it show up to vote, it passes unopposed.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Who was re-waiting it? The poll themselves, or the media that report them?

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

12% undecided in a 3-4 pts national lead for Clinton. Why would anyone call that a 90% sure win for her? It didn't make sense to me personally. But I'm no poll expert.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh well I saw all of those "Vegas odds" type numbers as BS the whole time. It was basically clickbait.

17. tmacfor35

The pollsters who worked for the MSM or DNC.

ABC tracking poll had a 15 point move in a matter of three days. It was strange.

AntiSonic likes this.
  18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I honestly thought Hillary would win. Republican or not, he doesn't appear to be good from a diplomatic standpoint. Plus I'm interested to see how he repairs all the damage he's done by alienating minorities, woman and people with disabilities. I do have faith he'll hire the right people to push the right agenda, as the presidency is a glorified figurehead position.

#78 rrj_gamz, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Lots of crow to go around. I'll take a double serving myself. We've been suggesting for a while that the Republicans were in dire straights. 5 of 6 elections. Texas purple. Arizona might go Blue. Demographics etc. Senate going to switch. Chance at House. Landslide!
    And:
    Republican President
    Republican House
    Republican Senate
    Majority of Republican governorships
    Majority on Supreme Court.

So if they're gloating...it's not unexpected.

Holding out for 2020 now! Bracing myself for a tough ride in the meantime.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, if they did, my personal opinion is it's the stupidest thing the can do, if they wanted Clinton to win. IMO, Trump voters were going to show up, no matter what. That's what #rigged does. If I were the media and wanted her to win, I would do the opposite - show she was losing a close race to get her voters out.