1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dream Ends....in Toronto?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by I h8 Logos, Sep 14, 2002.

?

Will Hakeem retire?

1. Yeah, he's done

58 vote(s)
    43.0%
  2. Nah, he'll be back next year...as a Raptor

10 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. No way!!! Toronto will waive him and he'll be a Rocket again!

19 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. I could care less, it's Ming time baby!!!!

48 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

Hey I was just watching Fox Sports News and they said that Hakeem is considering retirement. Apparently, Raptors team doctors said he was "physically unfit to play" this season. He said he's going home to think about it.
    What do you think will/should happen?

2. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

He is done.

I love Hakeem and he will always have a place in my heart but sad as it may sound....

THE DREAM IS OVER, TIME TO WAKE UP!! :(

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

It seems to me that the Raptors GM is looking for any excuse to get rid of Hakeem. They want to cut their losses & the new results from Hakeem's physical is their out.

4. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

Well, as sad as it is to see Hakeem go out as it might appear, I still think he's got some basketball in him--juuuuust a little.

It would be great if houston re-signed him IF Toronto waived him, but dat aint goinna happen.

Whats more hopeful, and more likely, is that both Ewing and Hakeem go out the same year, spend 2 or 3 years away from the game, and come back for assistant coaching gigs.
    Wouldnt u love to see Olajuwon do what Jordan was doing with the Wizards before he made his comeback?
    He could show Yao how to do the REAL Dream Shake and teach him his secrets to containing Shaq. Now THAT would be something.

#4 I h8 Logos, Sep 14, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2002
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hakeem should have retired after his last game as a Rocket. I don't blame him for making an attempt to get another Championship.I was sad to see him leave the Rockets but at the same time I was disappointed in the manner he left the team.
    He was the greatest player in Rockets history and I'm sad to see him struggling trying to prove to himself and everyone else that he still can make a difference.
    He should retire now with the grace of a champion.
    The Dream is over.

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

He should of retired a Rocket last year.

7. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I totally AGREE that he should have retired as a Rocket, but he's a proud warrior! I wish the "DREAM" the best!!!:)

8. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Man, I'm really disappointed at those people who've voted for "I could care less, it's Ming time baby!"

Hakeem was the reason I became a Houston Rockets fan, and will always be my favourite basketball player. Just because he made a bad business decision to go to Toronto, doesn't mean we should forget what he did...

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Hakeem always was and will forever be a Rocket.
    Long live the Dream

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

By proud warrior, do you mean a guy who is fraudulantly being overpaid, while sitting on the bench behind Eric FREAKING Montross?

Olajuwon was a great player, but I don't have all that much respect for him as a person. He showed his true colors by taking cheap shots at the Rockets and Rudy.

I'm a Rockets fan first and foremost, no single player will ever cloud my judgement.

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Olajuwon was totally lying out of his ass by saying he went to Tor to win. Now, if he went to LA, then yes. Fact is that Olajuwon took the money and ran with it. Money-first, money-second, pride-third.

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I wished for the best on hakeem and hoping to sign him for a million and let him retire where he made a name for himself. He is the man that majority of the fans today became the Rocket fans! He deserved to be acknowledge by the city of Houston as the best player we ever had!!

Hail to the Chief!!:)

13. zuoluohero

zuoluohero Member

I hope the Dream can come Houston back, so that help YAO MING.

14. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Hey, give The "DREAM" his due, if I'm NOT mistaken, he pretty much single-handedly GAVE H-town 2 NBA Championship!!!! I think that should count 4 something! Also, this is a free country and he has the right 2 speak his own mind, he has earned that whether U like it or not...or me for that matter! GO ROXS!

15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

dont ever let the players cloud your judgement kidrock. your precious judgement rocks, kid.

:rolleyes: (at my own attempt at being witty)

really you're so funny when you take yourself so seriously on this bbs. what with your bbs handle and all. :)

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I hope Toronto waives him and we pick him up for a short minimum contract (capologists -- how's the best way to do this?) so he can retire as a Rocket.

The Dream was Rocket basketball. Just as there were many great Celtics, it was always Bill Russell that people consider as the ultimate Celtic. So it is with Dream and the Rockets. There have been and will be future Hall of Fame Rockets, but Hakeem will always be the measuring stick.

In his time, he was the thoroghbred that carried us Rocket fans to the promised land. The pasture is waiting, and it's fertile with love and respect. Come home, Big Guy.

#16 thumbs, Sep 14, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2002
  17. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

I feel bad for Toronto. What a great sign that was you dumb sh*%s! 3 years wasnt it..... oh yeah & a trip to the Eastern Finals.:rolleyes:

18. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

I hate to see the Dream end this way ....So I hope Toronto waive's him and the Rocks sign him to a min contract and he retires a Rock ...likes he always was ...maybe have him be a player-coach and next year get another ring before he becomes a full time coach here

Well stranger thing have happened...it could happen some way along those lines ..........:cool:

Every True Rockets Fan Loves The Dream .....

19. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

I think he'll follow a trend that's common in the NFL. Regardless if he doesn't play this year or not, he could sign a contract for, oh 10-days or so, and offically retire as a Rocket.

Now, Toronto would still have to waive him, and they won't unless they can get their second-round draft pick back. I doubt Houston would offer it, considering they would then have no draft picks next year (the first obviously goes to Vancou, uhh, Memphis).

But I do look forward to seeing Hakeem again part of the Rockets organization, maybe as VP of basketball operations...

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Hakeem failed his physical.

This time is wasn't his knees. It is a bad disk in his back.

They said he "went home to consider his options."

Home = Houston?

I hope he does come back to Houston for some type of
    position (strength coach; technique coach, BIG MAN coach).