1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Decline of Tony Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Awesome

Awesome Member

TP also played alot for the French National team instead of resting so he's logged alot of minutes.

He doesn't look quick or able to consistently do what he used to.

2. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

You must be creeping Spurstalk

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

He's only good every other year. Just like the Spurs.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only he declined that would make the playoffs in the West more interesting

5. rudan

rudan Member

Plus the minutes he played with Eva longeria. That's the equivalent to 2 or 3 seasons on the body......

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Wow...Zach Lavine really suxs...and kind of surprised to see Dion Waiters on there. Parker and really all the Spurs other than Duncan have looked horrible especially in the last week. He doesnt even look like an NBA player right now.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol chase budinger

at least the other 2 are inexperienced

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

10. daledondale

daledondale Member

Someone said that he will be great in playoffs..i remind you: TP is like Chris Paul in playoffs, a choker. The guy always has been more a reg season player. If now is playing awful, don't expect a brilliant playoffs for him

11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Tony parker and the spurs are a different team in the playoffs.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been saying the Spurs are old and done for years now. I'm bound to get it right one of these days.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They found the fountain of youth or they were on the brink of doping

14. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I know it's a common trope around here that one of Maury's biggest missteps was not drafting Leonard over Morris but does everyone really think that Leonard is that much of a game changer? He seems like an ideal fit in the Spurs system and he has shown that he can play stellar defense but I actually only see him as slightly better than a player like Ariza. He doesn't really seem that good at getting his own shot, he's a streaky shooter not that adept at handling the ball, he's a little too small to be a great rebounder, and he can't really guard bigger forwards in the post. His Finals MVP award was more based on his ability to guard Lebron on the perimeter than anything else. I think the team that signs him to a max contract is going to be disappointed (ala Parsons).

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I won't throw dirt on their graves just yet but there is something different going on here. Every season they seem to put together a huge run after the all star break and during their "Rodeo Trip". This year they've come into that stretch and continued their mediocre (for them) play. If the light doesn't come on soon they could be in big trouble.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is a total myth.

Yes, they rest their old guys, but they also won 70% of their regular season games the last 4 seasons.

Their results have varied in the postseason- winning the finals, losing the finals, losing the CF's, , losing in the first round.

However, the last time they were around this same level of regular season efficacy, they got swept in the 2nd round by Phoenix. The year before, lost in the 1st round, the year before, lost in the WCF's 4-1.

There's not really anything to support the belief that they're a serious contender this year other than hoary "never count out the spurs" cliches and the hangover from the "team ball/Spurs way/pop is a god" garbage we were subjected to all offseason.

I know which way I'm betting.

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Being from Austin, we have a lot of spurs fans since it's the closest.

All I can say is I have been waiting for the decline of the spurs for over a decade lol.

I do think their fall has begun though

I can see pop and Duncan leaving the same year, but part of me thinks Parker/ginobli/Duncan/pop will all bounce together lol

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Oh...the decline started a looooooooong time ago...

[​IMG]

19. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Tony is fat now

20. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I would still rather have him than Pat Bev