1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Coaching Staff Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Oct 28, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

From Silas on down… maybe excepting John Lucas who at least looks like he’s trying …

what is one good coaching thing they’ve done?

organized basketball requires… organization.

you can be bad, even really bad, you can be inexperienced, even really inexperienced…. with some organization.

they have none.

The players …. they don’t know how/who to box out. They don’t know if they shouldn’t go over/under screens. They don’t know who should be where on offense. They don’t have a guard or wing consistently back on defense to recent fast breaks. They’re all over hesitant or over aggressive. They can’t make the simple pass.

2. Rockets4Life13

I’ve watched quite a lot of games of tanking teams. No team I’ve ever watched struggled as mightily with scoring.
    We have some decent offensive players and have been hot from 3 to start the season but we’re still one of the worst offensive teams.

Still not sold on Silas

3. StevieCrossover

These rooks need a little coach with dicipline

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

this team is truly trust the process Sixers caliber

they were historically awful last year, and then added a bunch of rookies with no experience, so really nothing has changed

5. Jalen Green OnlyFan

The “x experiment is over” threads experiment is over

6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Is jvg still available?

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Kenny Atkinson would at least have these kids competitive.

Silas is a loser.

Nice guy tho.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kenny Atkinson developed a bunch of unheralded guys and disappointments into serviceable players, and installed a system of play in BK

our guys just out there getting cardio and jacking up shots

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

They don't have to win but they do need to start doing the little things. Boxing out. Passing. Effort on defensive communication.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think Silas is failing at Xs and Os as crazy as it sounds. I trust that he's actually been a good assistant coach at the places he's been.

I think actually the team looks a lot more cohesive once the starters go out. I think Silas is going to have to put his foot down and determine some roles for these guys because every night you have a different guy trying to be THE guy. Not passing, chucking, just screwing things up in general.

So the difference between an Assistant coach and head coach to me is a head coach knows how to mentally prepare his team.

Like no one can tell me that the team wasn't a bit let down with Jalen out there chucking brick after brick. Part of helping him grow is to tell him to stop forcing things, get your team involved, don't shoot them out of games...instead of just letting him continue to do it.

DVauthrin, ROXTXIA, Patience and 6 others like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas obviously just doesn't care.

Or worse, has no fvcking clue.

Crashlanded19, Mr Woods and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think we would score the same amount of points if we didn't have a coaching staff at alll

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’d rather have Green assigned to the G-League then have him out here with a green light right now. The kid isn’t ready, he should be coming off the bench and slowed into the league.

NewAge, Crashlanded19, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There’s just no structure at all. They constantly look confused. I dunno. I want Silas to succeed, and I can’t imagine he’s as bad as it looks, but it seems pretty terrible at the moment. I know a lot of it’s not on him, young team, inexperienced, but so much of it just looks like a team that’s not ever really prepared. I have no idea what their identity is offensively, defensively, or otherwise. No ball movement. Poor spacing. Weird substitution patterns. Almost no interior defense. It’s getting to be really hard to defend him. Still, he’s playing a bunch of teenagers, and that’s not at all what he signed up for. It’s a tough situation all around.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i wish they also send sengun to g league... he needs playing time man....its not normal for a talented basketball player to be playing so little minutes

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Nice try, what I really need is the Fire Silas! thread or at least I have grown to hate Stephen Silas

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Still too many players taking shots away from Jalen Green, he only had a team leading 16 shots, how's he ever supposed to get to 20 points if he can't even take 30 shots?

#17 Bobbythegreat, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if I'd go that far but ever since that 30 point game he's been chucking hard. Coach needs to check him.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

FIFY

20. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

like i said before, we have no plays. our sets and slow breaks are like we still have prime harden in our squad. I know the game has changed, but we need to start plays off the block. we have enough length to go high-lows with our bigs. there is just not enough shooting and playmaking in our guards and wings to have them dominate the game.

one more thing, we just witnessed tate jack like 8 threes in a live nba game. i doubt he has done that in his life, not even in practice. IDGAF if its his bday.