1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The odds I see are he has slightly less than 50% chance. The economic growth has gone mainly to the top. There is less unemployment, but a big chunk is the gig economy meaning at the lower end people people can't even afford housing with jobs.

2. dmoneybangbang

There’s great strategic value in ensuing global trade runs smooth. However that doesn’t mean it should be with mostly our military.

While I agree with Trump’s overall theme about the need for other countries to step up, he goes about it in a counter productive way.

B@ffled and da_juice like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How is that hard to grasp? You said you don’t think the Iran policies have been broken for the past three years. The biggest turn in Iranian foreign policy happened a year ago.... therefore you obviously approve of getting out of the Iran nuclear agreement which set off the motion you see today.

da_juice and dmoneybangbang like this.
  5. dobro1229

Protect and serve Saudi Arabia and indicted president Netanyahu of course. Maybe they’ll help in our election “security” in return.

Nook, astros123 and da_juice like this.
  6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Ultimately it's going to come down to a select group of voters (primary Dems who didn't come out in 2016 and independents) in the swing states. I don't think a war is going to swing the election one way or the other.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what we have here is a failure to communicate. What I meant by that comment is that Iran policy has been broken since 1979. I didn't say "I don't think Iran policies have been broken for the past three years":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–United_States_relations#The_1979_revolution

8. dobro1229

I took it to mean pretty clearly that Trumps past three years haven’t had any changes in major foreign policy which I found pretty crazy, I agree that 10, 20, and 30 years ago we as a country made mistakes but damn we are dealing with some fairly recent implications from the incoherent Trump policy which was to just undue something with Obama’s name on it and say crap...what next.

So do you believe pulling out of the nuclear agreement was good or bad? I’m unclear on your response here??

da_juice likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Expect major challenges to US troops. Our enemies know there is pressure on Trump to not go to war or send troops.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I disagree, (and I’m not an irrational trump hater), but his policies of withdrawing against universal advice from military personnel, especially knowing the Kurds would get slaughtered only shows how bad he just wants to leave. It sends a perception opposite to the one you stated

Nook likes this.
  11. Senator

Senator Member

This will end up being worse than if the US did have ground troops for the locals.. because drones and remote tech will be deployed liberally. Everyone knows the civilizing the uncivilized narrative doesn't work, is costly in $ and lives.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Iran is literally asking for it -- begging in fact they've goaded harder than I can recall. They just pulled this stunt as well that went pretty much unreported...

[​IMG]

Fast missile boats harassing a carrier battle group in the Strait of Hormuz.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think it's more like taunting than begging. Now that Iran is cozy with Russia and China, they're rightly convinced we aren't going to do **** to them.

It's funny how tweets that make American politicians quake in their loafers don't seem to have much effect internationally. LOL.

da_juice, Nook, astros123 and 5 others like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump lives in the past. He's from the seventies. He still remembers the hostage crisis and they still remember war hawk Reagan beating Carter. Im serious, thats what guides these guys's Iran policies

da_juice likes this.
  16. dobro1229

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just a day old but damn how did this age?

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

brb converting to Quakerism

davidio840 and No Worries like this.
  19. dobro1229

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Just great!!!!

Let's go to war with Iran with no backing from NATO....

T_Man