1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You seem to project a lot, often.

The question asked was a good one, and trump's own social media reporting of the thinking process sparked the question... why did the question of possible casualties only come up *after* the attack approved and after the action was underway? Clearly it was not carefully thought out and I would have much preferred that the question and answer came up in the initial discussions he had with military and intelligence.

FranchiseBlade and foh like this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

My entire argument is based on at least three facts:
    1) The President is above the CIA.
    2) The CIA are professional liars.
    3) It didn't matter what the CIA said: we were pulling out of the nuclear deal.

You're missing the forest for the trees. It's not just the issue of Iran. We have a lot of "left" "liberals" now saying "Screw the office of the President. Don't you want the CIA running things?"
    "Don't you want the 'intelligence community' to do hostile acts to Russia without asking the stupid president?"
    No, I don't want the spy agencies doing hostile acts to anyone without telling the President.

Are you planning to favor the CIA over the President for your whole life, or just while Trump is in office?

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Aw, Trump killed 0 people in the wrong way.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What the **** are you talking about?

You gaslighting?

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is my response to your meaningless response.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

LOL... interesting to see someone so focused on the CIA being liars at a time when the president and his admin has pretty much continually since taking office.

But humoring your question... I don't think its a "CIA or trump" absolute. I think its important that a president listen to input from his entire intelligence community (including CIA). And listen to his military leadership and cabinet members. And key members of congress. Heck, even experts outside government.

Unfortunately, this president doesn't seem to do that all the time. Heck, he argued against the combined intelligence community with respect to russian interference in the 2016 election. Of course, we know why (even Hicks recent testimony showed trump selfishly feared that acknowledging that would weaken the legitimacy of his presidency).

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh, Russia.
    Yeah, America is badly damaged from that. jk
    If Trump wins again, it'll be coz Russia. Right?
    I'm not afraid of Russia at all, actually.

What makes you think Trump didn't listen to input? It seems your own posted tweets show that Trump was getting input from various sources, hence his supposed vacillation.

So if Trump's a liar, then the CIA liars are OK? I'm gonna go with the liars who do not do hostile acts to foreign countries.

8. NewRoxFan

What vacillation? trump continued to claim there was no interference. He stated that putin said they didn't interfere. And he claimed intelligence people were wrong. Mueller even reported on trump's denials of russian interference.

Here's a timeline on trump statements on russian interference: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/words-trump-russian-meddling/

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The vacillation I was referring to is when Trump decided not to kill anyone in Iran, but in a stupid loser fashion instead of the correct way, supposedly.

#230 sirbaihu, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

12. foh

foh Member

The guy projects an emotional putz who doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Knowing how much the guy loves tv ratings and drama, I wouldn't be surprised that he never intended to go ahead with the attack - was just putting on a show for constituents to project his fake macho image.

The problem with that, is that military doesn't respect fake macho guys and we run a risk that his orders might be ignored at some point (hope it is not after he orders a nuclear strike with intention to cancel it at the last point)

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If that is true, our military is bullshit.
    Now it's the military and the "IC" who would be justified in ignoring the President?
    Sounds like a coup in the making.
    Who cares who the military respects. Do your job, or quit taking thousands of dollars of my tax money every year (yes, thousands for the defense budget alone).

It's the freaking Trump haters who are pushing toward a coup d'etat!

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. foh

foh Member

I knew you were going to go full defensive emotional response on me.

I'm presenting you with a real life problem of people interacting with people. Not executive branch interacting with Military branch. People have impulses and not always think in terms of oath to office.

This is not about Libs versus GOP.

Whatever. If you want to be a conspiracy mongering lap dog of an emotional putz, you are welcome to it.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Trump the Merciful

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. WNBA

WNBA Member

It is bad when Trump is the only mature adult in the pentagon war room

Astrodome and sirbaihu like this.
  17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

[​IMG]

The Real Shady and CometsWin like this.
  18. biff17

biff17 Member

Rambling as usual.

He does not have a coherent point.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

There is no "military branch" of the government. The military is in the Executive Branch, under the "Commander in Chief." Perhaps you've heard the term. It means that a civilian runs the military.

Agreed: I totally do not care about "Libs versus GOP."

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I assume withholding the strike was the plan when they scrambled the planes. They just wanted to rattle the saber a bit.