1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Boston Globe] Rockets’ Dwight Howard returns to All-Star form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jan 19, 2014.

1. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Rockets’ Dwight Howard returns to All-Star form
    By Gary Washburn | Globe Staff | January 19, 2014

Link

[​IMG]
    David J. Phillip/Associated Press - Dwight Howard is with a more talented team and his back and shoulder are completely healthy

2. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

“We have a fairly young team — even though I’m not old per se — but we’ve got a lot of guys who it’s their second or third year in the league,” Howard said. “When that happens, everybody’s always in your ear, telling you how good you are, what this guy’s not doing, that guy. I just try to tell the guys, we have to stay together, we’ve got to stay humble, and any situation that we have on the floor, we’ve got to be able to handle it ourselves.

Words of wisdom

3. HangTime

HangTime Member

What's not to like about Dwight, he's refreshing n fun.
    He is playing well and we have to overlook the FT% but he brings so much else to the table. He's not the Dream but he's nice to have on the team.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

"the bigs being up on the pick-and-rolls, and calling screens out [which would make it] better for the guards."

I'm glad they are finally starting to do this, It kinda drives you crazy not seeing them do this because it's so simple but effective. It's something the coaching staff should have had them programmed to do. Communication is key in basketball everyone needs to be on the same page. I'm glad he acknowledged it, it's a step in the right direction.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

His numbers are about what I expected. His leadership and maturity have been a pleasant surprise. He is a consummate professional.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

We need some shooters around him though. The guys we hired to do that job have failed miserably.

7. NotChandlerParsons

I was thinking the same thing. Asik was a great individual defender last season but is totally silent.