1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Biden/Ukraine Connection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Sep 30, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

According to who?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

According to Ukrainian prosectors.

The owner of Burisma was being investigated for tax fraud in 2012. Frat bro Hunter joined Burisma in 2014.

IMF wanted the owner of Burisma prosecuted and the current prosecutor at the time was known for corruption and particularly freezing the investigation into the owner of Burisma. The Obama admin sent Biden as the representative of US, IMF and EU in convincing Ukraine to remove Shokin.

Even Trump's own staff repeatedly warned him that this conspiracy theory is easily debunked but Trump is confident in his base being stupid and I guess I have to give him credit for knowing his base well.

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

There is at THE VERY LEAST conflicting stories about the above. Lets start with this....

Solomon: These once-secret memos cast doubt on Joe Biden's Ukraine story
    https://thehill.com/opinion/campaig...-memos-cast-doubt-on-joe-bidens-ukraine-story

Why did Burisma's American legal team refer to those allegations as “false information?"

Also this:

And then there's this:

Why was the replacement prosecutor for Shokin approached within days of Shokins forced resignation by an American PR Firm Blue Star (run by former Clinton Admin officials) who "apologized for the false narrative provided by U.S. officials about Shokin being corrupt and inept"?

If he was corrupt, why the apology ABOUT SORKIN to the guy who got his job?

Meanwhile, this is the affidavit enclosed within the story that gives Sorkin's own account.

Shokin testified that when he was fired in March 2016, he was told the reason was that Biden was unhappy about the Burisma investigation.
    He also stated:

Shokin HIMSELF states that he was investigating Biden and was being pressured constantly by his own President to close down the investigation. When he refused, he subsequently was forced to resign.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

Why did Burisma
    Shokin himself seems like he was covering his own ass. Why would you believe the accused at face value?

You do know the IMF was investigating Shokin for being a corrupt prosecutor who froze the investigation into Burisma's owner a full year before Biden was even involved. Sorry but the IMF couldn't give two ***** about Hunter.

5. TheresTheDagger

???

Perhaps. Maybe not. I don't know. Neither do you.

Meanwhile, why would you believe Biden? Seems like he's covering his own ass.

I've read that yes.

Whatever happened to that investigation? Does the IMF still give two ***** about Shokin?

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

It's Shokin's word vs the IMF, EU and the Obama admin.

I don't know what opinion you have if Obama. I think you understand that Obama is at least average intelligence. You think Obama is going to risk his administration's veneer of not being corrupt for Hunter? Really?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/29/us/politics/tom-bossert-trump-ukraine.html

Even his own staff understood there isn't any there. Also, if there was "there there", the FBI and DOJ are big boys and girls who can independently without the direction of the president determine if they should open up an investigation against Hunter.

7. TheresTheDagger

Any comment on the alleged multiple apologies to the Ukrainian prosecutors about this?

8. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

What i find interesting is that Trump is dragged through the dirt on every business deal he's ever done yet
    he has a ton of money from before he became President.

Bill and Hillary Clinton, Obama and Biden ONLY made money by BEING in government.

Bill and Hillary Clinton went from broke to worth over $100,000,000 in less than 10 years!!
    Obama is now selling his fame and influence that he made in politics.
    Biden alcoholic son with no experience getting a $600,000 a year gig a month after Joe Biden goes to Ukraine and then flies
    over to China with daddy and comes back with investors.

That ANYONE can not see to influence peddling at work here and the damn hypocrisy to just tear into Trump
    for abuse of position and power.

I just wonder why people are giving the Clinton's and Biden's son millions of dollars?? Is there no thoughts that
    they're buying influence???

If anyone doesn't believe it they are just blind due to hatred of Trump as a person.

9. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The irony of the defenders here are the amount of latitude they give Biden and Obama, yet on any topic
    related to Trump the derangement causes them to assume the worst at all times even when evidence to
    the contrary is displayed.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, Biden's son getting 50k per month to be on a Ukraine energy company's board seems pretty ****ing slimy.

I don't get why people have such a hard time calling out corruption on both sides. If that exact story came out for one of Trump's kids (Hmm, kind of like Kushner and Saudi Arabia connection), I don't think Dems would have too hard of a time criticizing it.

dachuda86 likes this.
  11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Influence peddling happens on all sides. If Kushner (who I think he and his family are slimy) got a significant benefit
    from Saudi's etc. then he should be exposed for it.

I mean the Clinton's made like $200+ million in revenue post presidency. That's staggering sum from being broke.

I think its about scale relative to worth. $600,000 a year for Biden's son is most of his income.

People get on Trump because someone stays at a hotel room in one of his dozens of hotels as some huge scandal and
    payoff, but its very little compared to this.

I think ALL politicians do this both Republicans and Democrats and they are essentially being exposed as is their
    entire system by Trump.

dachuda86 and mick fry like this.
  12. fchowd0311

If the FBI and the DOJ independently from Trump decided there is sufficient evidence for an investigation over Biden Jr and Burisma, you would hear zero complaints at least from me.

The president using his personal lawyers to jumpstart a investigation is obvious that Trump is doing this for personal reason and then extorting a country for personal reasons with military aid just makes this one of the most obvious cases of presidential abuses of power. I just want to ask a Trump defendant whether Trump would give a **** if Hunter Biden was the son of someone irrelevant who wasn't running against Trump. You seriously believe Trump would go out of his way to send Guliani and two other Fox News cable tv lawyers to Ukraine to "expose" someone who isn't running against him? Honestly ask yourself that question. And then ask yourself if a president should extort 400 million dollars in military aid that had bipartisan support to a foreign nation for personal reasons.

Nepotism is scummy. I don't prefer Biden as a president and nepotism is one of the many reasons I would prefer plenty of other candidates over Biden. Anyways, this seems like a win for candidates like Warren and Bernie as Trump is now possibly being impeached for blatant abuse of power and Biden is being exposed as a standard establishment grifter.

AleksandarN likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

That is a pretty nice euphemism of events. You act as if its a incident that happened a few times. And it isn't just hotels, its all his resorts such as Mar a Lago and it happens on the regular out in open sight because that is how little this administration respects the emoluments clause. Ask Ivanka how she received her trademarks in China magically during the one week Trump was trying to be friendly with Huawei.

Trump's actions in using personal motivation to investigate a political rival is not only illegal, it's dumb on his part. He is setting precedent that it is okay for the administration after him to rain hell on his daughter, sons and himself.

14. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

hahha...errr Obama....err Russia...errr....CIA setting up meetings with campaign officials through foreigners...errr

The difference is Trump is already a billionaire and has resorts and buildings worldwide and a ton of licensing businesses and condo towers etc before he was in office.
    Ivanka's items are sold all over and before the election through Saks etc.

Harder to say its a huge deal. It was a HUGE deal to Hunter Biden.

Think one has to be rational about these things when comparing some hotel stays with a payout that is
    the most money the guy have ever made with no experience doing so.

15. fchowd0311

What about Obama and Russia? Conservatives are really good at using vague platitudes as evidence of corruption.

Obama is wealthy therefore he is corrupt.

An investigation of members of Trump's campaign occured under the Obama adminstration therefore Obama directly ordered the investigation.

You need more explicit evidence than wishful thinking. Independent prosectors and intelligence officials found probable cause to investigate members of Trump's campaign and went though proper channels such as FISA courts to recieve warrants for surveillance. Trump on the other hand explicitly directed a jumpstart to an investigation to a political rival himself, not using proper channels and instead using private lawyers and extortion of US military aid. All you have with Obama is conjecture. "investigation of Trump when Obama is president therefore Obama directed it" isn't sufficient evidence. Sufficient evidence is transcripts and evidence of private lawyers outside the government trying to find dirt at the behest of the president.

Obama is the first black president in American history with a Harvard Law degree meaning he probably can write decently. If anyone has a worthy autobiography to write and sell it's Obama. And former presidents are in high demand in speaking events.

Trump could have done the correct thing by divesting his businesses to blind trusts but instead he assumes his base is stupid enough to believe that divesting to his sons is the same thing and that "he won't discuss it with his sons". My Lord how gullible would you have to be to believe that bullshit?

#75 fchowd0311, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you can’t understand the difference between making money after leaving the White House in book deals, and other media ventures (see Obama Netflix) and literally using the office of the presidency while in office to enrich yourself I don’t know what to tell you.

Go after Bidens son while Biden was VP all you want (based on conspiracy not fact of course) but lumping in Obama is beyond unfair.

FYI I think Trump should be able to make all the money he wants off his presidency AFTER he’s out of the office. Hell I’ll make a deal here and now that if he steps down during the impeachment process without inciting violence or threatening violence I promise I will stay at least two nights at Trump tower Vegas... AFTERWARDS.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't give a damn about Hunter Biden. If he's guilty prosecute him. So far there is little evidence he's guilty of anything.

Let's stick with the person in the oval office and actually makes a difference. Keep on topic and quit lashing out at Hunter 'not important' Biden just because you can't defend what Trump has done.

dobro1229 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Keeping the focus on the person in the Oval Office is the entire point. Only think Rocketman is proving is his unquestionable loyalty to Donald Trump. I didn’t see him give two craps about Ukrainian corruption until Trump barked orders at him to talk about Hunter Biden and Ukraine as a distraction to help him maintain political power.

I’d be careful about going down a rabbit hole with someone who obviously is approaching the argument in bad faith.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trump has 50 years of sleazy behavior....documented from his business dealing in NY and NJ (Go to Atlantic City......they will give all the dirt on Trump u need). There has NOT BE ONE allegation against Obama for any time of influence peddling or favors, etc...

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again he was never under investigation. The idea that he was is a fabrication