1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Atlantic]What the Jussie Smollett Story Reveals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You’re way too excited about this…

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trial of the year bruh

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never Forget.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Make Subway safe again Jared

6. Nook

Nook Member

You know, Biden can certainly be a bumbler but this statement doesn’t bother me. Someone claimed they were a victim of assault based on their race and sexuality…. Biden gave the person the benefit of the doubt and didn’t say anything about the accused… this isn’t like when LBJ in his tweets over other issues claimed unfair treatment and instant justice.

Whatever… weird story and I am not sure there is a person more disliked by some black people right now… bizarre to me but I guess it calls into question legitimate claims.

On a side note, did you know that the Nets have a black player on their team named David Duke Jr…. His parents had some balls.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand and actually agree with the spirit of what you're saying; on the other hand, don't you think there's a problem with leaping in with an opinion before all the facts are in? this has been a consistent problem with politicians on both sides of the aisle for quite a while. Giving a person the benefit of the doubt is one thing, but I sense a strong desire on the part of politicians to capitalize politically on these sorts of events. In other words Biden (and others) are engaging in a form of political virtue signaling and moral grandstanding when they rush to judgment like this. At any rate that's how it appears to me.

Nook likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

There is no question that politicians (including democrats) and other “social warriors” on both sides love to jump to conclusions and capitalize on the issue or tragedy. Everyone wants to be self righteous.

However, I don’t have a problem when someone claims sexual assault or rape and people are supportive of the accuser as long as they don’t gaslight the accused.

To me the Blake and Rittenhouse cases are better examples of me people like Mark Ruffalo over reaching ….

Os Trigonum and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

I would say it's more than Jumps to Conclusions (which is just a mat created by retired IT workers)
    it's straight up Lemmings nowadays

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a pretty low bar set for 2 highly volatile subjects (race and politics). Biden isn't the average Joe on the street, Anyone who bit on the details of such an absurd story looks like a fool now.

blue_eyed_devil and DCkid like this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The Dave Chappelle hating D&D believed him

The Dave Chappelle fans didn't believe him cause that story sounded Pinocchio

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't been following the trial closely but I'm glad they found him guilty and as I said earlier they should throw the book at him. If it was up to me I would next charge him with perjury.

King1 and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

@Xerobull RekietaLaw comments on the sentencing

17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the fckery of going to jail for orchestrating your own beatdown is off the charts…that’s like a double L