1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] James Harden discusses the NBA ruling that his step-back is not a travel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

1) I love how no example of the Eurostep or stepback uses Harden as an example (as if he isn't the reason for the video explanation). :D
    2) I love how one of the examples of an illegal stepback uses Curry's feeble attempt as an example. :D
    3) I love the bowtie, dude.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

jeez chandlers shoulders are yuge

topfive likes this.
  3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Dream got a lot of flack for his shake = traveling. He was the OG "traveler", lol.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's not about owing. It's about managing public opinion. It's not good for Harden or the Rockets if fans think he's getting away with cheating all the time because they don't understand the league's definition of a gather.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think Harden is giving NBA fans the benefit of the doubt to be smart enough to figure it out.

Unfortunately, he's dead wrong. NBA fans only see what they want to see. I've got a friend who's a Warriors fan (had season tickets when they were still in the orange/blue/yellow unis). Dude's been watching NBA since he was a toddler, and he's about 40 now. And yet, he still insists the stepback-3 is a travel. "I can see it with my own eyes. There's no doubt that's a travel."

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Well its not his or the rockets fault or problem.

If the refs clrear precise explanation earlier two steps any direction forward sideways backwards amd these biased stupid fans or both still dont get it theres no amount of splaning harden or the rockets can do to change their minds.

What now, rockets need to release a PSA? Lol

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's the thing.

We literally have the NBA, the best league in the world and the NBA officials, the best officials in the world, going out of their way to illustrate the entire gather process. It is plain as day. And yet we have *fans* that just blindly dismiss the facts because they don't like what they see.

It is a microcosm of todays society. People see what they want to see even if facts are in front of them.

They don't want to be informed. They want to be *right.*

topfive likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. They want confirmation, not correction. So they're happier to go on being wrong.

Invisible Fan and Deuce like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If a person is not willing to *change their mind* when *new information is presented*, that tells you all you need to know about that person.