1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2006 NBA Playoffs are here!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Way to go refs...giving away the game
    Still think the Nets will bounce back to win it...don't think Vc will that off again this series...

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I picked Indiana over New Jersey before the series started, the Nets have shown me nothing to make me change my mind.

Indiana didn't play all that well, but they're solid enough and have very few holes/weaknesses in their lineup (not to mention more depth) that they should be able to move on to the 2nd round barring a major injury or something.

3. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Based on a 1st game the refs gave them? And an off game by Vc?

4. tigermission1

If they give anyone besides Steve Nash the MVP trophy, it would be truly an injustice. There is no single team in the league as dependent on the presence of one player on the court as the Suns are on Steve Nash.

I think he defines the terms "most valuable player"...

5. tigermission1

No, but I picked the Pacers before the series even began to upset the Nets.

The Nets are overhyped and are not a 'premiere' team alas the Pistons, Spurs, Mavs, or the Heat. I think them and Indiana are of a similar tier, so it should be a fun series and likely will last at least 6 games, with Indiana triumphing.

People forget that when Indiana had Artest and were not decimated by injuries they were considered an 'elite' team. That team is incredibly deep and has very few weaknesses, although they're not great at any one thing. On the flipside, the Nets have glaring weaknesses in their lineup/game and the playoffs tend to expose that.

So no, not based on one game. I watched the Nets during the season and they're the same team I see now: not bad, not elite, very beatable.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In a short sereis the pacers might have a chance but I think the nets will win out eventually.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The only reason im watching Milwaukee-Detroit is because JVG is commentator

8. pacertom

pacertom Member

It's pretty easy for even a half-blind ref to spot a jersey being grabbed.

Sure it could have been a no-call and the game could have gone to OT. Still the Pacers had the upper hand most of the game, and a couple of phantom touch fouls on Jermaine O'Neal actually kept NJ in the game.

Neither team played that great, really, NJ's shot selection and Indiana's turnovers.

But to focus upon one call and suggest that the officiating as a whole changed a NJ win into a NJ loss is crazy.

9. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

God i hate the mavericks,For the next two weeks im a Grizzles Fan.I bet if the series gets tight like our series was last year,We will hear some sort of complaint from Cuban to the leauge offices. Dirk is a traveller and a flopper and i hope they get booted in the first round. Im not sure its going to happen but i want it too.

10. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

Is it me or does Reggie Miller have a poor command of the English language

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I like Reggie as a person but he's not a very good announcer. He rarely says anything interesting.

12. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

Looks like the Spurs are gonna play the Mavs in the second round...what a dilemma for Rockets fans...Who to cheer for?

I say the Spurs since it was Dallas and the refs that knocked us out last year, but simultaneously hoping that Ginobili gets roughed up, Bruce Bowen gets the wind knocked out of him 20 times, and Horry does well.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

take a drink every time reggie says the word playoff (as in "playoff defense," "playoff foul," "playoff intesnity," "this is the playoffs") and you'll be dead by alcohol poisoning in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

he's not that bad or anything (not great either) but man he says that word a lot.

14. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Pacers had the upper hand most of the game?...Were we watching the same game? The game was pretty much a toss up and it seemed that Nj would have the momentum would be had by the Nets heading into Ot. Gametime u ignore everything that leads up to it and the score is 0-0, but of course PACERtom would see it that way...I"m not mad at you...why hate on a questionable call you don't make at the time of a game if it benefits my team. I actually like O'neal and the Pacers just more of a fan of Vc and the Nets.

15. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

Go PACERS! Let's get Carter's ass out of the playoffs!

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mavericks vs. Grizzlies.....

Series of two teams with pu$$y star players.

Dirk needs to stop flaying his arms all over the place.

Gasol needs to show up.

17. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I'm just waiting to jump on VC's case but I'll hold off after game 1. Now that the pressure is really on the Nets, we'll find out how much playoff heart VC has.

Go Pacers! If VC turns into a pumpkin now that the real season has started you can take these guys! I can't wait until tomorrow night.

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Almost as amazing as making a sweeping dismissive claim about a series after the 1st game (which the home team won) when it takes 4 to win :rolleyes:

Since you didn't bet me, I guess you don't like the Spurs chances of going 3-0 over the next three games either. You would think if you think Sac poses no potential resistence the Spurs could win the next 3.

I still expect the Spurs to win, but I doubt it will be easy. We will see.

19. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

spurs will win easily in 5 (or less) games.

p.s. i wasn't dismissing the series after the first game...i was simply mocking your consistency of prediction. first you say that "I think the Spurs will have all they can handle" and then you follow it up by saying that "Sac wins one or more of the next three games" (after being down 1-0)...kinda contradictory if you ask me.

saying that the spurs will have all that they can handle and saying that they will be up 3-1 are two different things completely.

#79 3814, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i dont like VC either. When he contemplated not letting Jordan start his last All Star Game, that showed he was a selfish fool.

i like KG. I remember him giving Dream props on the Dream's last game in houston.