1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2006 NBA Playoffs are here!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The best game so far is the Heat vs the Bulls. Did anyone see Haslem throw gum at Joey Crawford and get ejected?

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Shaq is going crazy! Man I hope he keeps this up because the playoffs will be a lot more interesting if Shaq could play like old self.

3. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I thought it was his mouthpiece.

He'll probably be suspended for a game. It was incredibly stupid- especially with Mourning out. It could cost the Heat, but they look pretty good without him so far tonight.

4. saleem

Jebus, I think you are right. It probably was his mouthpiece. There was no reason for him to lose it. He is a good defender and like you said without him and Mourning the Heat could get in trouble.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Wow! The Heat/Bulls game is getting close.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Boy, I admire the Baby Bulls for their heart and tough-nosed play, they're IMO the best young team in the league today, with the Magic a close second...lots of potential for those two teams.

Gordon is a freaking stud! What a clutch performer that guy is, he goes nuts in the 4th.

Obviously, the Heat's experience and the huge advantage they have in Shaq inside gave Miami the edge at the end (whoa! A 'throwback' Shaq tonight, could be scary if he keeps it up).

As for Wade, is he going to be injury-plagued every post-season from last year on? I think Miami needs to better manage him during the season because they have no chance without this guy in tip-top shape.

I hope Miami does well in the playoffs, they have two of fav players in the league in Wade and Shaq.

As for the Spurs, you guys who're giving the Kings a chance in hell crack me up! This is what the Spurs do every season: cruise through the season (with Duncan having his worst year and barely playing and they STILL win more than 60 games) and giving everyone a false sense of hope, then the playoffs come around and they whip everyone into submission.

LOL! Give it up guys, the Spurs are freakin' great! It's no fluke, stop wishing they suck because they don't, they will beat the Kings EVEN if Duncan goes down...

#46 tigermission1, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

true, but

a) i'm not going to lose

b) $200 would be a small price to pay to see the spurs lose in the 1st round

c) i'm not going to lose

8. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

3/4 2day ain't bad...
    I'm thinking more like 10 bucks....got a basketball league coming up and all...

9. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

I really think the Rockets have a shot at Cassell in the off-season....Livingston looks like he'll be a solid pg for the Clippers in the future...If Sam won't sign for the mle, maybe we can do some kind of sign and trade deal with the Clips

10. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Edit

Scratch that 2/4....I was so pleased with the Bulls performance I thought they won but we all know that doesn't count...

11. tigermission1

If the Rockets offer him the MLE for 2 years, he will be here next year in Rox unis for sure.

12. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

I'm all for it then...It's obvious the Clips aren't gonna win a championship and Sam would have a legitimate shot at winning a ring here

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dont underestimate the heart of a champion -Rudy T

game 1 to the clips

14. insane man

insane man Member

sam has stated that he wants some money now. he feels as though he's always been cheated out of a big contract. why would he take the MLE for 2 years? im sure he could get more.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

nelly i got it.

16. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Heat will not go far. I like Hinrich's D on Wade. If I were the opposing coach, I would invite Wade to shoot everytime if he goes 8-21 from the floor. Hinrich is one of the only guards in the league that never buys Wade's cheap pump fake. I mean, let him shoot over you and he will miss 60% of the shots to say the least.

Shaq is impressive but he did have 6 TOs. Chicago should at least try to use a little double team on him so that to take a little pressure of their big man.

That 6th foul call on Tyson was cheap.

Piston should take care of the Heat in 5, no more than in 6 games.

17. saleem

I was glad to see Cuttino punching the air with his fist after winning. He had a good game. Sam was great and so was Brand.

18. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Yes, he had 6 TOs, but 3 of them were offensive fouls, one was an outlet pass that went out of bound.

Shaq is still best center in the league, if he is well rested and is really focused on the game. If there is one game that decides everything, I will choose Shaq over any centers in the league, including Yao.

BTW, Shaq even went out to the perimeter to defend PnR yesterday, which I never saw him do it in regular season.

19. tigermission1

FYI, TNT has has the Indiana-NJ game on now, but their guide is completely missed up and it doesn't mention anything about a game, I found it by chance...

Man that's a nice song they played at the intro.

EDIT: It looks like Vinsanity will put on a highlight reel for all of us...this should be fun :cool:

#59 tigermission1, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Really? thanks i didnt think anyone saw my post. Is there any way i could get it from you? Yousendit or something? I dont have Bit Torrent or anything and i dont know how to use it.