1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The 2006 NBA Playoffs are here!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Kings- What can I say I just think the Spurs are going to lose because Duncan isn't a 100%, I think Artest will lock up Manu and Bibby will play much in the same way he used to vs the lakers .
    Lakers- The Suns are going to be halted by spectacular performances by Kobe and Odom finally stepping up.
    Grizz - The Mavs are a good team but I'm just thinking the Grizz are going to upset them, I like the way the Grizz play.
    Clippers- The Nuggets being division winners doesn't mean much to me, they have a weak division, player by player I honestly think the Clippers have a better team.

Bulls- I don't have confidence and Shaq and Wade to do it this year and the Bulls are riding an enormous wave of momentum.
    Lbj is winning for obvious reasons
    VC - see Lbj
    Pistons- How can you not pick them

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

note to self: gamble on sports with PiPdAdY33.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

pistons win trophy. bring on the next season please.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Detroit over Milwaukee in 4.

Washington over Cleveland in 7.

Miami over Chicago in 7.

New Jersey over Indiana in 6.

San Antonio over Sacramento in 6.

Dallas over Memphis in 6.

Lakers over Phoenix in 7.

Clippers over Denver in 6.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Eastern Conference First Round

Detroit 4-1
    Cavs 4-3
    Miami 4-0
    Nets 4-2

Western Conference First Round

Spurs 4-3
    Mavs 4-1
    Suns 4-2
    Clippers 4-2

Couple of points:

Sac is not a good match-up for the Spurs at all. Sac is deep, they have a lot of guys to throw at Duncan that provide different challenges (Miller, SAR, KT), they have the best wing defender in the league, and a clutch point guard they can get shots for in the set offense. I think the Spurs will have all they can handle. I might even argue if they get by Sac it will be easier the rest of the way in the West (to me Sac and Dal are the only real obstacles to SA in the West).

Mavs, Mia, Phx and LAC will have easier times beating their 1st round opponents than most realize.
    -Mem was so stupid not to tank a few to play Denver instead of Dallas.
    -Nash and Marion and co will rip the Lakers. Kobe may average 40 and they still lose 4 out of 6.
    -Miami rips the Bulls, easily.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, this spurs game is horrible.

61-33 with 3min left in the first half.

7. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

looking at the boxscore, i see that you've made some very valid points.

8. francis 4 prez

while i'm not sure why people think sactown will give SA trouble, there's no way this should be happening. sactown has missed every open shot i've seen them take and every other possession they just throw something terrible up there.

oh, and apparently they left their defensive intensity and hustle in the regular season b/c they aren't even trying to stop SA. but it was never going to be a series anyway. mavs are my only real hope of stopping SA in the west (and rooting for the mavs doesn't make me happy).

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow, 3pt play.

69-37 Spurs. Laugher. I"m turningit off.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

oh man...SA is tearing up SAC

no surprise really.

hey....Playoff chat time. ;)

11. senorbueno

senorbueno Member

Looks like the Kings have more to worry about than Tim Duncan ;)
    Spurs shooting 68% in the first half, 8-11 from outside, Parker straight up dominating. I love the playoffs

12. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

One Half / a game yes lets give the it all to the spurs. The spurs also happen to be really hot and the kings are a rattled. I'm standing by my predictions.

13. senorbueno

senorbueno Member

Oh, I'm the first to admit, this series is far from over. My roommate asked me how much the spurs were going to win by today, I said 62 (jokingly of course, what can I say I'm blinded by my Silver and Black goggles), let's see if it gets there.

14. francis 4 prez

note to self: pay attention to note to self

alright, so what kind of odds would i have to give you to bet on this series? you seem fairly confident of your kings. 5 to 1, 10 to 1? with the stipulation that duncan has to play in all of the games, i'll pretty much bet anything.

15. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Bet on series financially you mean?
    I'm a poor college student just to put that out there, don't the people on here usually bit with signatures or donations to cfans?
    I like 10 to 1 and 5 to 1 if Duncan is not playing.

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Just 1 game.

I'll be a sig for 2 weeks Sac wins one or more of the next three games.

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

This might kind of off topic, and probably in the wrong forum....But does anybody have a video of the whole Game 2 of the Dallas/Houston series from last year? i just love that game :D

18. francis 4 prez

well i don't really want your sig b/c that usually seems to be b/t people who don't like each other and wanna show each other up and that's not the case here, plus i'd have to follow you around the boards to get anything out of it. and a donation is still money, but whatever. i'll donate $200 if the kings win the series, you donate $20? more, less?

19. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

saying they're going to put up a big challenge to the spurs (as you said in your previous post) and saying that they'll be trailing the series 3-1 are two different things all together.

wow...one of the next three games. amazing.

20. pchan

pchan Member

wow, that's confidence. It shows you really believe in what you are saying :) So many people will predict this or that, but they aren't willing to put money on it.

Let me remind you the old cliche though, a series doesn't begin until a team wins a road game.