1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That Tony Parker knee was not looking good....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jevjnd, May 3, 2017.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Seriously sad news. Tony and Manu are my favorite non-Rockets backcourt duo of all time, and I'm really going to miss them when they're gone.

jevjnd likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Mills did kill us. He's super quick, quicker than Bev or anybody else we got. And he was great defensively on Harden. And he'll continue to be a problem this series.

But Mills can't hold the fort for them alone. They really needed 48 minutes of Parker/Mills against us. If Parker really is done for this series then Pops is gonna have to be creative offensively when Mills sits because Murray isn't ready to play rotation minutes for them in the playoffs. Murray can't cover defensively. We'll undoubtedly see more of Kawhi at the top with Simmons on the wing when Mills sits. Or some other unforseen combination that Pops magically discovers.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

why brehs saying parker is done? is this the last year of his current contract?

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He was playing as their 2nd best player.

Parker was a huge part of their play against rockets in this game.

This is absolutely devastating loss for the spurs.

One of which could cost them a title this year.

I could have seen parker and that 'team' approach having success and taking it up a notch as they were doing.

I dont think the rockets are quite there yet but this might be the difference in beating spurs this year.

Parker to mills is a huge dropoff.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Is this the significant injury you will refer to if the rockets beat the spurs? Will this injury justify your belief that you were right all along?

Nook and MorningZippo like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'd be shocked if Spurs make it to a game 7 with Parker down.

He was there best player last night in my opinion. He made that engine run.

Hakeemtheking and sugrlndkid like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, he has one more year. But if he blew out his knee 13 days shy of his 35th birthday, he's gonna have a tough time coming back and being anywhere close to what he once was.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Spurs need Parker to be at their best...without him, they just arent as efficient... He had 18 points as he lived inside the paint last night. I expect game 3 to be a huge reminder of Tony Parker's impact in this series. Oh and James Harden will have a monster game.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Look at game 1/2 splits.

They go as Parker goes. Look at the Memphis series.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

This is the key.
    Parker was able to get to the 2nd level of our defense and had pretty much anything he wanted.

Comparable would be how chris paul works teams and gets into paint then its jumpers and floaters.

Parker was starting to figure this out. with another game of tape ..pops plan..& Parkers penetrating ability would have been a focal point of game 3.

This is a huge huge loss for spurs. Besides leonard parker was worst person they could have lost.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He has a good game every now and then. When you're old sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't. I'm usually more concerned with Mills.

Parker is done.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That looks like an ACL. And he would know. I guess he heard a pop (no pun intended) and couldn't put any weight on it.

Wish a speedy recovery

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No matter what happens this series, Spurs had no shot to beat GS in a series anyway.

RedNation and amaru like this.
  14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

please god have mercy, don't injure all possible GSW opponent and gift them another championship!!! please don't do this to a good man

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Fair.
    But to be fair here as well vegas has no one beating gs.

In fact it is my understanding gs was more heavy favored than the bulls 72 win team was coming into playoffs. You arent going out on any limb lol.

My point is if they had any chance against gs it was severely damaged with loss of parker.

And I think its the difference between rockets winning or not. This is a devastating loss for san antonio. No two ways about it

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bs journalism.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Damn shame Tony went out like that. He was having a comeback game after a terrible game 1. Really helped push the lead against us. Wish him well and a speedy recovery. Let's stay classy guys, nobody likes to see a player go down to injury, especially a great.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Did this jagoff even watch the game? They didn't even touch. What a piece of garbage.

Rox11 and Smacktle like this.
  19. basketballholic

You tell me. In your opinion if the Spurs lose Parker is it a significant loss to their team?

20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I hate this. If we beat the Spurs, I want them to be at their best.