1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

that "deal/or Trade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cliffnote, Feb 22, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

WOW!!!!!!

------------------
    "Stop your grinnin' and
    drop your linen"
    -Hudson

2. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

wow, intresting...you're the coolest clutch, been holding and holding it in for so long eh? [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by ChenZhen (edited February 23, 2001).]

3. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I think he's just being silly [​IMG]

------------------

4. floyd

floyd Member

Ahh, no wonder Hakeem decided to change his attitude and start playing.
    Well, I'm just glad it's over with. i have no more fingernails left to chew!!
    Now we can just concentrate on getting to the playoffs, baby!!!!!!

------------------

5. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

So I guess we can assume that the Dallas deal would of been similar to the Wizards deal. How would Courtney Alexander and Etan Thomas fit in around here?

------------------

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He was joking.

------------------
    "Ive seen more class at a Pig Humpin Contest ." -- moestavern19 makes headlines again, and in the process leaves little doubt as to what Saturday nights in his hometown of Lompoc, California are like.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm glad we kept Hakeem. I never wanted to trade him. Sure I suggested some wierd deals, but I would have never pulled the plug on them.

------------------

8. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Cool. Thanks for the insight, Clutch.

I think we all agree that a healthy, active Dream is essential. I would say that his huge playoff experience could be essential also. Now let's watch Dream show the kids what getting to the playoffs is all about. I wouldn't mind putting together a little winning streak here.

------------------

9. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

No way would I trade Dream for Steve Smith. There was no chance of getting screwed by Portland again, thats why the deal fell through.....

------------------
    ``It's bigger than chalupas,''.....Wesley Person

10. Colby

Colby Member

Did Clutch ever post the info?

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

11. DaneB

DaneB Member

Nope. I'm sure Clutch will have it posted by night's end, if not, then he is still extremely busy.

------------------
    "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
    -Dan Quayle

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Abdur-Rahim for Dream. WOW! I'm kinda glad that deal did not go through because I would rather have Webber.

I wonder if the rockets would still try to get Shareef in the offseason if Webber decides to go somewhere else?

------------------

13. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I think this is the key question. Did the 'Reef trade (if that's indeed what it was) not go through because someone else pulled out?

Or did it not go through becuase the Rockets feel so good about their chances at Webber that they didn't want to jeopardize it by adding 'Reef?

I mean, it's all well and good for us to sit here and guess that our chances are "50%" or whatever that we sign Webber, but what does the Rockets' front office think our chances are? That would be interesting to know ...

I tell you one thing, if we pulled out of the 'Reef trade (again, if that's what it was) because we thought we'd sign C-Webb, and then we don't sign C-Webb ... I'll be pissed.

------------------

14. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

aaah. Sorry about that.

I thought he might have been, but no smiley...

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

15. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Why does Rahim look like Ateve Smith in that picture.....For five minutes i tought i was steve smith, then I saved the pic and found out it was abdul Rahim....
    OUT
    JBII

------------------