1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Morrey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 13, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are 3-0 against them, aren't we?

I'll thank him in June - July.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Morey has been magnificent. But as it's always been with our title hopes with this team, it will ultimately come down to CP3 and Harden's health in the playoffs.

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

worried about Hart..acl soreness is the injury? can’t trust Ne’s health

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We sure are, and I like that mucho. BUT the playoffs with Scott Foster are just waiting to strike.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Based on the overreaction posts/threads this year, I can only conclude that it stems from three types of posters:

1. The ones that haven't been Rockets fans long enough to have experienced/endured through periods of mediocrity that were worst than the 11-14 start this year.

2. The ones that casually follow the team and expected a 60+ win season just because of how the team performed last year, without looking at the rest of the league and identifying the moves/changes that might have impacted the team's performance.

3. The ones that really don't give two ***** about this team and only use this forum as a platform to seek attention, specifically from groups 1 and 2, because they have nothing better to do with their day.

6. rocketsmetalspd

After all the BS, Morey knows what he is doing! I like what this bench is becoming(consistent on the D side of play) just in time for the playoffs! We all know that in playoffs more D is needed since the refs start calling a different game, with less trips to the free throw line. H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

What I like about Morey is he always does best for the team.. He didn't have to sign House as the team was already gelling but I think he listened to both coach and Harden who were out righting supporting that House would create positive impact..

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget the trolls that come out of hiding when something goes wrong for the Rockets. ;)

Madmanmetz and steddinotayto like this.
  9. steddinotayto

I would put those people in group #3. Or I could make another group:

4. The ones that come out of hiding when things are bad but then goes dormant when success comes back around because, hey, these are the TRUE fans right?

kubli9 and YOLO like this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Told yall to STFU and chill...but you know how clutchfans is 99% of the time.

S/o to the few that kept on believing.

don grahamleone and Madmanmetz like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

instant classic when i saw this and will keep referencing back to it, bc there sure was a ton of them

bilaal14 likes this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If you did believe we would be in the race for a top 2 seed when we were 11-14, then good on you. No sarcasm. But the way we were playing and seeing Chris Paul grip his hamstring along with minor injuries to Harden and Capela gave us every reason to believe we were screwed this year. Maybe not necessarily due to just play, the injuries definitely were taken into account, but even EG admitted he was worried at 11-14.

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Morey isn't perfect but he is smarter than most. Triggered Morey haters need to be called out. At least OP has the guts to admit he lost faith and has repented for his unbelief.

Same thing needs to be said about Tilman haters. It's smart to be under the luxury tax. You don't want to pay extra salary for guys that don't contribute. Tilman will spend the money when it makes sense. I get that sometimes Tilman feeds the press a line of feel good nonsense but come on, he isn't trying to screw the team up. He has ALWAYS been a huge Rocket's fan. He wants to win.

bilaal14 and YOLO like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

the seeding doesn't matter. as long as the rockets were back healthy with their core, they would be contenders. that's the only thing that was truly the question.

15. steddinotayto

There are some on here that, subconsciously, don't like their real lives. It's a concerning pattern when you go on a forum for a local sports team, incessantly critcize and complain about a player, the player grows to become the best player in the league, you then can't complain anymore because you're looking foolish with every new post about the MVP, then you feel the need to shift your criticism schtick onto someone that just bought the team and doesn't have a sports track record that fits the critiques.

16. Rocket_Man_2.0

Morey fixes his mistakes Melo, Ennis and MCW were bad moves....He made up for it with Faried, Rivers and House!! This team is better than last years team.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give them credit what they have done. They have done it more consistently. And KD joining them helped them out a great deal too.

Their stars took turn with salary cuts, Chris Paul did not do it, Harden has not done it yet.

Also their owner seemed more generous and not really that much of a buzzkill.

18. SemisolidSnake

It has been a weird season for sure in terms of personnel, and I'll throw out something that makes it even weirder:

Do we have Faried and Rivers if Capela and Paul don't get hurt?

Morey was really forced to get both those guys because we simply had total absences at those positions. I think they've both worked out quite well, and now with their starting counterparts back, the team has much better depth.

So, in a strange way, we can thank injuries as well for having a much better team now.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

them getting hurt didn't matter much. they were both brought in as depth. and both have been quoted knowing what the rockets currently are already

Rivers: "Why not Houston? Look at how they play. Everything they do, I like to do. Offensively they like to run and gun. They shoot the 3, get to the basket, which is all I like to do. They needed another creator, besides Chris [Paul] and James [Harden]. Most importantly, just defensivewise, stuff I can do for that team helping them defensively, that was like a no-brainer. Once they said Houston, I was, ‘This is where I got to go, man. This is where I got to go.’ And as you see, it’s been great."

Faried: "Yeah, it is nice to know your role, but for me it's more so – like I'm ready for whatever," Faried said. "Like I've said my whole career, I'm a starter and that's been my whole mindset. But I came here and this team (is) established in the sense of the starters, so for me I'm just going to play like a starter off the bench.

Now if the rockets kept the likes of melo/mcw then no the rockets wouldn't have faried or rivers.

20. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I don't know if rockets were lucky or just good.. they found both Rivers and Faried who were hungry and have something to prove.. I am hoping House will be the same way and will want to prove himself.. There is also some how that Shump discovers his 3 point shot and defensive prowess, this team bench could be scary, if they all find the chemistry.. The rockets are truly a resurrected teams from the abyss of hell, being second worse 25 games into the season, just like the careers of Rivers, Faried and even GGreen were resurrected from the depths of hell.