1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by codell, Oct 21, 2004.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

So close ...so damn close

Alas, we just weren't good enough and our magic ran out

Nothing can take away how we finished the season though. Im so proud of this team for not quiting, when they easily could have.

Thanks Stros!!!!!!!

2. Bullard's Ghost

Ditto - I'm ready for the offseason and Spring Training. We'll be back. But forgive me if I don't watch the upcoming series. I hate Boston but I hope they lift the curse and get that over with.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

It was a hell of a roller coaster ride this season. From signing Pettitte and Clemens to the 3 month long slump, the in season managerial change, to a miracle run in September. This team was left for dead in August and they managed to prove the experts wrong. They came within 1 game; or 4 innings of reaching the series. Thanks for the most odd and memorable season in recent memory.

4. Tyree

Tyree Member

thanks for ruining my night.....but thanks for a great season

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Thank you, Astros. What an amazing end to the season.

We'll be back next season stronger and angrier.

Hey...The Rockets won by 20 tonight :)

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Way to go, Astros! Thanks for making this October a special ride.

Bring on the Rockets!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're welcome

D. Miceli

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

With Oswalt, Pettitte, Backe and hopefully Miller and Clemens the Astros will be good to go next year...

Thanks to Kent,Bidge, Clemens and Beltran if this is yalls last games.

9. synergy

synergy Member

it was fun while it lasted. eagerly waiting for next year...

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Gave me enough baseball memories this year to last a lifetime...

Never have to hear about the Killer B's post-season failures... hell, that monicker took on a life of its own in the POSITIVE direction this playoffs.

Never have to hear about never winning a playoff series...

Watching MMP become the biggest homefield advantage in all of sports...

Watching Beltran... even if it was only for this year... play the best baseball I've ever seen anyone play (hell... he may NEVER play as well as that again in his career).

Watching Clemens... even if it was only for this year... make every single start, throw his heart out every single time, and have a truly magical season.

Knowing that the city of Houston actually does have a baseball pulse, and got one more chance to shine on the national sports stage. It keeps getting better and better each time it happens.

I'm not going to worry about next year... because its too far off. For the first time, as an Astros fan, I just want to soak up THIS year as much as possible.

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I used to HATE baseball.....and I am depressed as hell right now over the loss.

That should alone testifies to how wonderfully awesome, amazing, inspiring our boys of summer have been this year. Thank you 'Stros!

12. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Thank you Beltran, Clemens, Oswalt, Backe, Lidge, Berkman, Kent, Wheeler.

Dan Micelli is the DeVil.

13. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

I said this in the game thread so i'll just repeat myself here...these last 2 months have been one of the greatest rides in sports for me and it brought a lot of old rockets feelings back. I was never a die-hard astros fan until this year and this year really tested the faith and belief of this team.

but through it all, these 2 months have produced a lifetime of memories that i'll never forget. this really hurts because this is probably the best chance guys like bidge and baggy have of winning it all and i feel for them the most. For guys like lance and roy-o, they'll have plenty of chances in the future.

alas, i want to thank the astros and for making these last couple of months worth it :(

good thing the rocks season is just around the corner, i don't think i can keep my sanity if there was a big gap

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Thank you Astros. I don't think I will ever forget this run.

Next year............ :cool:

15. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Also the Kent walk-off HR was probably my second favorite Astros moment after Hatcher's HR in 86.

Nobody can ever take that moment away from us!

What a run. Man, that was great. And like Nick said, thank goodness so many of those ghosts are put to rest.

(Of course, now that they can't say "the Astros have never won a playoff series" they'll just say "the Astros have never been to the World Series." Jerks.)

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This hurts, but it is not meant to be. The Astros played with heart, determination and fire and gave us a lot of memorable moments. I am not sure if we get back for a long time, but this run was nice.

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Thank you Astros for giving me something to watch that could make my stomach turn for days on end.

Thank you for the torture of losing game 7 in the NLCS ... It's so much better than being out of it for 3 months.

Thank you for carrying us almost all the way to basketball season :D

18. payaso

payaso Member

I guess it's "thanks"...

To put it in context, this team has literally 1/2 the futility that the Red Sox have, so if you guys and gals can hang out for another 40-odd seasons, maybe the Astros' time will come.

Question1: if Everett doesn't snap his forearm, would the outcome v. the Cards be different?
    Question2: Ditto with Miller and Pettitte?

Can a team win it all with not enough pitching and not enough speed?

And just my $0.02... there's probably not enough money in the Houston economy to meet Scott Boras's demands, let along Drayton's bank account. We love you Beltran... but your agent rules the roost. Get used to a big city with hostile fans as you collect what he says you're worth.

19. coma

coma Contributing Member

Thanks for giving us some October excitement. You gotta tip your hat to the Cards tonight, they beat us, fair and square. No shame to this loss.

I'm only sad due to the uncertainity of our roster next year.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The playoff demons have been buried. Beltran WILL re-sign in Houston. I hear his wife loves it here. You gotta listen to the woman. Next years rotation will be Clemens (one more year), Oswalt, Andy P, Backe, and Miller. Not too shabby.

The Texans will finish 9-7 and will beat Green Bay in a packed crazed Reliant Stadium on national TV and will also beat the tennesse tittie-boys AGAIN in our house.

The Rockets will win the Midwest...er, whatever the name of our new division is and will go DEEP into the playoffs.

All is well in Houston.