1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank God we got Westbrook! I’m so f---ing glad we got Westbrook!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Oct 27, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Travis Scott looking hyped.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Crow is ready to serve. For doubters of this trade, please call 888-HOU-ROXS to reserve a plate. First come first serve.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is a reason why he's still very popular in OKC. You can't ever question his effort.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He was, but his leadership seemed to annoy teammates so Harden traded him.

The issue with Westbrook is his defense is not as good as Pauls. We also had ariza that year.

HP3 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. nothings changed with wb. the real test is when this team gets to the playoffs. its a given the rockets are going to win games and make it. what they look like when they get there is a whole other story

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean yea Ariza was great, but Paul from 2 years ago was a top 10 player in this league and the second best player(also a 2 way one) on a 65 win, its indisputable that he was indeed a leader for this team. He may have annoyed some guys but they he always makes teams better. I just dont know how praising Westbrook=OMG we NEVER had this with Paul, yea we did, we saw it 2 years ago before he declined.
    Im pressed with what Ive seen so far tbh, so we'll see if that can keep going over a season and into the post season like you are saying. My real question is how the defense is gonna be, cause right now it looks...er questionable. They gotta be able to play it for 4 quarters.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Korver pics are hilarious!!!

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Lmao

9. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

the bucks seemed gassed vs the heat

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is clearly a better player than 34 year old CP3 at this point.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Westbrook playing well doesn't necessarily mean the trade was good because overall the team looks bad

12. smp

smp Member

I agree 100 percent. The main reason we needed another star player is because Harden is human and he’s going to have some bad nights. EG can’t be relied upon. We needed someone else to bring that consistency to pick up the team and pull out a win.

I can’t think of a Rocket that hustles as hard as Westbrook. That guy has an unbelievable motor. It really is a skill like being a great 3 point shooter or a great passer. I love the type of player that lays it all out there like that.

We also have to realize Westbrook is going to make Harden look lazy. Harden is already slower and fatter than most superstars and Westbrook is on a whole other level when it comes to endurance and out hustling the opponent. We better get used to that now and never compare Harden to Westbrook when it comes to hustle. Just like we should never compare Westbrook to Harden when it comes to shooting 3’s or drawing fouls.

#52 smp, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Hakeemtheking, joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brodie's pace took out their legs, especially having to come back from 16 down late in game.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

WBs energy is sorely needed as we’ve all seen the drunk Harden playoff games where he is passive as hell and seems disinterested.

Paul provided it at times but he was too slow and short to get his own shot. Brodie gets his at will.

Hakeemtheking and Nelly like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It reminds me of bug antennas.

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Id have to agree so far. Good case study on how environment effects a guys game. Makes me wonder how much better Paul George is about to be in LA.

17. 45koolly

45koolly Member

No...unfortunately that’s all we got to remember...After that he hit a cliff and slipped into the beta roll...

And furthermore...boyz conveniently forget that 65 win team exceeded all predictions...we only wanted Paul and the dumbass contract we knew we’d have to pay if it landed us a THIRD star that we never got...CP in Houston was kool but unfortunately due to his health and pesty leadership style it expired earlier than we hoped for

HP3 and Von Rafer like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

He was still a really good player, just not enough as a second option.

We wanted a third star to go against a STACKED Warriors team. If they never had Durant, Paul was all we needed, hell WITH Durant, Prime Paul was all we needed. I can agree with the rest.

Mathloom likes this.
  19. 45koolly

45koolly Member

True. But I wouldn’t say that 65win team woulda been favorites even today

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes they would have what? Of course they would have. Would the Warriors from 2 years ago be favored today? Of course they would have. Thats Prime Cp with Prime Harden. What were we like 50-2 when Cp,Harden and Clint played. Nobody could mess with us.

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.