1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Teen Kills 4 People Drunk Driving, Only Gets Probation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Disgusting to say the least.

If this kid were 18, he would of been treated differently. How does him being 16 really make a ***'n difference? Since when does age determine a person's moral responsibility? If this kid were not from an affluent family, you can be assured he'd be serving harder time. #AffluentProblems

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What good des that do? Piece of mind? Example for others?

Fact is the dead are gone, forever. What's left? The teenager who can be punished right? What's the point of locking a teenager up, feeding him and clothing him for 40 years and releasing him in his 50's? If he was a treat to kill again it's one thing but he has a chance now to make something good come out of this. To make his mark on society.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Is that your reasoning regardless of the age? If it was a 40 year old man who did this, as long as it was his first DUI? He's not likely to do it ever again. Or what if it was a man who killed his wife because he found out she cheated on him? He's not likely to kill again either. Let him go make his mark on society?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

It's entirely based on age. Based on the science of aging. There are a lot of courts changing their ways of dealing with youth in the justice system. Locking up kids in jail as adults doesn't help anyone. It just creates felons 3x more likely to go back to jail when they get out. Lose lose.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Illegalize it!

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

All I know is I couldn't live with myself if I did that. The End.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't a tough question.

The quality of attorney the victim's family will have should be excellent as well.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes yes... and Canada also releases women that kill their sisters after drugging and raping them.....

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Denton is the most Republican County in Texas...

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

:confused:

I think he was just trying to say be careful if you stop to help someone.......................

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Not only that but the defense of the Teen was based on the negligence of the parents. The parents are portrayed as enablers in the case.

It won't be hard to get a civil judgement.

12. Buck Turgidson

Giving a troubled 16 year old an F350? Brilliant.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Uh Yes!
    Obviously that won't make everything super for the families of the victims BUT it's a start!
    I'm pretty sure they would be more at peace knowing that the idiotic teen was behind bars as opposed to living his life out relatively free.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dude, it's Texas. It's like a rite of passage in someways. You'd be surprised how many in Htown, Dallas and I'm pretty sure all the major cities, that get a nice pickup truck when they get their license.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Weird family.
    _____

Ethan Couch's father arrested for impersonating police officer

The father of Ethan Couch was arrested Tuesday for allegedly impersonating a police officer.

Frederick Anthony Couch was taken into custody shortly before 11 a.m. on Tuesday by North Richland Hills police.

Police said North Richland Hills officers discovered Fred Couch while responding to an early morning incident on July 28. Officers found Fred Couch at the scene and told North Richland Hills police he was a reserve officer with the City of Lakeside.

After police finished their investigation of the incident, they spoke again with Fred Couch, who reiterated he was a reserve officer and had his “police stuff” in his car.

“He kept putting his hands in his pocket, and that has a tendency to make officers nervous they don't know what your intensions are,” said Keith Bauman with the North Richland Hills Police Department.

What Fred Couch didn't know was that one of the officers had worked at the Lakeside Police Department.

Fred Couch then produced a wallet that had what appeared to be a police badge and ID card and was allowed to leave.

But the North Richland Hills officer familiar with the Lakeside PD didn't recognize the badge, and officers made the investigation into his claims.

They found out Couch was not a Lakeside officer and has never been a licensed officer in the state of Texas.

Ethan Couch, 16, received ten years of probation from Judge Jean Boyd for a drunk driving wreck that killed four people in June 2013. A defense expert during the trial said Couch suffered from "affluenza," which he said affects children from wealthy families who have a sense of entitlement and make bad decisions.

The sentence triggered outrage from many people in North Texas and across the United States. Part of the sentencing centered on the fact that Couch's parents could afford to send Couch to expensive rehab facilities.

Fred Couch has been officially charged with False Identification as a Police Officer: Misrepresentation of Property and his bond was set at $2,500.

link

16. supdudes

supdudes Member

[​IMG]

I hope the teen feels enough remorse to repay the families in some way possible.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Affluenza Lol. Like being a spoiled ass is a medical condition.

18. likestohypeguy

Texas dwi justice is kind of all over the place. It's supposed to be 3 strikes & you do time, & i've seen that, and i've also seen 5x, 6x dwi convictions who never get anything more than probation.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is certainly a tragedy.

However, for those who are crying injustice, how many times have you driven drunk? How many of you STILL drive drunk?

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

“He kept putting his hands in his pocket, and that has a tendency to make officers nervous they don't know what your intensions are..."

myfoxdfw with the hard hitting stuff here.