1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Teen Kills 4 People Drunk Driving, Only Gets Probation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

2. vvade

vvade Member

"A spoiled Texas teen who killed..."

Does that work for any other state? I've never heard a crazy NY man, an Asian Florida woman, a spoled Massachusetts teen etc. Wtf does being Texan have to do with it. ****ing NYers.

I want to punch that kid in the face. Why don't the parents go to jail for not teaching the kid right from wrong? They better pay up. I hope the settlement is twice as much as the maximum coverage on their insurance. Not that it will change what happened, but that seems to be the theme of this case.

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

How can that defense fly? :confused:

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Two things I noticed about the story

1. The defense lawyer tried to spin it and make it seem his client got such a tough sentence out of it because of the probability that his client might be released after serving 2 of the possible 20 years. So we're supposed to believe that the idiot kid just being on probation for 10 years is more beneficial that serving at least 2 years in jail for his idiotic actions?

2. The defense requested the kid undergo treatment at a rather expensive facility in Newport Beach Ca. Dafuq??? Do they not have treatment facilities in Dallas or anywhere else in Houston? Newport Beach, CA. GTFOH.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This is obviously a ridiculous sentencing.

Not to disparage the family members but why does every family member of someone who has been murdered say that they can't heal without proper "justice" to the perpetrator? It's a very thinly disguised thirst for revenge that will not help these people heal. I know everyone heals in different ways but I don't see what sentence could alleviate their sorrow.

6. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

So, what's a more adequate sentencing?

7. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Lol I tought Texas wasn't playing around with crimes, especially those who resulted in the death of four persons. I live in Canada (province of Quebec) and if you kill someone while DUI, 100% you will go to a federal penitentiary. A young boy was DUI and killed the 2 female passenger with him and got 6 years. It was his first offense.

8. what

what Member

I'm just guessing the kid wasn't black? Am I right?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I like the defense. The kid is messed up because of being too rich and spoiled. Not his fault. Needs a rich rehab.

And the judge buys it.

Riiiiggggghhhht.

Judge Jean Boyd got paid handsomely under the table.

#29 Zboy, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

UNLESS you are WHITE....and HAVE MONEY!:rolleyes:

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL at all the "White" comments.

Tell that to the white guy who just got released after 27 years after being falsely convicted for murdering his wife when there was literally no evidence he did it. A jury found him guilty because basically the cops and the prosecutor said he did it.

The more appropriate qualifier is "rich."

Money buys off justice.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In 10 yrs. . . .it will quietly be wipe off his record and no one will remember it . . . .
    except the families. . .

Might even be buried so deep that he could run for president in 30+ years

Rocket River

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've been in her courtroom as a potential juror being questioned. Seems like she presides over the majority of the juvenile cases as she always seems to be in the news for one case or another. I didn't really have an opinion of her one way or another from my impressions. This is a pretty light sentence, though, considering what happened IMO.

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

So, because he was brought up spoiled, without understanding the consequences of his actions, he should get off the hook?

In what jacked up world does that make sense to anyone?

BEFORE this happened was the time to teach him that, and if it didn't happen then, it sure as hell needed to happen after this.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Like Orenthal?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Exactly.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

If this ain't some BS here what the hell is wrong with this judge.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What an absurd outcome for the families of the victims. The fool should have spent time behind bars. Lots of time.

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Because knowing the guy that killed your wife and daughter is living it up while your life is ruined bothers people? It's not like they are asking for eye for an eye style torture, just some justice and perhaps public safety that this guy doesn't just go out there and kill some more people.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Kid should get 20 years prison time at least.