1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech @ #17 Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Fatty FatBastard

If UH wins, every UH fan can throw an egg at me.

Tech ain't losing this game, and I will feel sorry for dashing Cougar fans hopes at a new dynasty everywhere.

In other words, Coogs will lose in a laugher.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Quoted for posterity when the Raiders lose.

Fatty, isn't it early for your typical drunk post? :p

3. Fatty FatBastard

Lol. Tech won't lose this one.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

So looks like I'll be going to the game Saturday. A friend of mine got tickets, and another buddy is planning on tailgating. Hmm, I wonder if I can handle such a full day in my old age.

5. astros148

astros148 Member

students know that we proubably wont even be able to attend the game right? I spoke to someone who works in the athletic dept and they are expecting about 5-10k students to compete for the 1.5k tickets they have. good luck waiting in line at 12pm for the game in burning hot weather

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

astros148- I think you may have gotten a little mixed up. the 1500 tickets you were referring to were student guest passes, which are available to students at every game. You can purchase up to 4. They went on sale at 7:15 am yesterday morning and over 500 people were there when the doors opened.

The student section, as always, holds approx 7k students. People are talking about lining up really really early on Saturday to get seats, but I find it hard to believe that 5500 students will be at the gate at 8AM. A lot of people are scaring one another into getting there very early.

Have you been to a UH football game recently?

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'll be a defensive battle...UH 10 TTU 3. haha...no seriously it's going to be an epic offensive game. Can't wait for Saturday.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I am expecting a giant mess when it comes to student admission for this game.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm so looking forward to this game...Now that they're ranked, they need to prove they belong and win...Won't be easy, but I know they can do it...

Go Coogs!!!!

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Is this game still scheduled to be on ESPN2? Any chance they'll bump it to ABC for more people to see?

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt it; UH is a team with limited regional appeal and if they can get a Pac-10 or Big 12 game, they'll go that way. I don't know what ESPN is broadcasting, but I think ESPN2 has about equal appeal/reach.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i think they should bump that subpar primetime game. ;)

13. Mattj

Mattj Member

Picking Tech to win is fine. I'm just surprised that so many people are giving UH zero chance to win. I'm not even sure that I am picking UH, but we're not getting blown out. Our offense is too good for that.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

If UH wins this game, it will be another in a long line of embarrassing displays put on by the Big XII this season. Not to say that UH isn't a good team. They run the spread really well, and have some speed at RB and WR. But the Big XII needs to get its collective head out of its ass and start winning some big-non conference games.

15. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

UH is the ranked team, Tech isn't. Why would it be embarrassing? In what area is Tech dramatically superior?

Tech is a team with a good coach and a great offensive scheme. They don't recruit particularly well, it's not like they've got a huge advantage in high school talent like a USC or a UT would. They rely on Leach getting the most out of his guys. He's lost his Heisman-pretender QB and elite receiver from last year and has never fielded a particularly staunch defense. UH has the more experienced QB and what looks to be an equally explosive offense.

If UH wins, it's no upset.

16. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Wait. So you think that UH is probably better than Texas but aren't sure they'll beat Tech?

17. Mattj

Mattj Member

You have bad listening skills. I said I would not trade UH's skill talent for Texas'. Defense is an entirely different situation.

18. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

In Houston, heck all of Texas, I think they should. I have no problem watching the Big Ten match-up on the Espn's. My wife is a UH and UH Law grad, I want the Coogs to get all the primetime they deserve - especially in their home town/state.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

we beat em last week, i hope houston beats them as well!
    just stay clear of that raider rash

20. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Actually, what you said was...