1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech @ #17 Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

you're right and wrong. right about me being out of line, but way wrong about a rough weekend with the gf. we had a wonderful weekend in austin and college station celebrating our birthdays (hers today, mine tomorrow) also, i picked up the ring i'm going to be putting on her left ring finger here very soon. :) and one of the many lovely things about her, she loves football as well.

my apologies to almost all y'all. donny's already got his personal one. go coogs this weekend!

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Judging from the UT-TTU game, I think there is decent shot at UH losing this week. I feel like the bye-week actually hurt their momentum.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Not that funny...

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that wasn't cool.

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

yeah i got a question- why are your prices so effin high?

I need 2 tix- I'm a cougar that wants to take his family to the game. I was in line for 3 hours this morning and got nothing to show for it. If anyones got any, please let me know if they aren't too expensive- remember, im a college student.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

PS- wrong forum ;)

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man it would be so freaking cool to see the Cougars back as one of the top teams in the country.

It's been a long time.

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

WHOOOOOOOOOS HOUSEEEEE

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

You know, it is just freaking undeniably cool to have a lewd sexual gesture as a handsign and lyrics from RUN DMC as a traditional cheer/chant.

You won't find that anywhere else, that's for sure.

10. The Drake

The Drake Member

is a douchebag. Getting cussed out by his sister is a memory I'll cherish forever.

I hope the Coogs win, so they'll be ranked even higher when we beat em later this year ;)

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I see tech winning rather easily. Leach is the orginal . Sumlin is the new flavor in the state. I gotta go with the orignal.

12. PointForward

PointForward Member

LOL as I was reading this thread from page 1, I was waiting anxiously for the obligatory jab at TAMU even when the thread is about a C-USA team that has plenty of talent and a grand total of 1 quality wins to back it up :D

anyway, I hope UH beats tech, but unfortunately I don't see it happening as I am sure that the ass clown Leach will somehow manage to pull of a win..

13. junglerules

junglerules Member

The TU thing is still cute! Bonus points for creativity. Was snrohgnol a little too outside of the box or something as an aggie putdown/ tradition?

Anyway, yeah, this year didn't work out well at all in terms of a solid non-conference schedule. You definitely claim that some of it was Texas' fault, some of it was due to teams like Arkansas backing out on the Horns when they signed to play A&M in Jerryworld. They didn't want both schools on their schedule this year. So, I think the return trip has been pushed back to 2014. As mentioned, Texas has games scheduled vs UCLA, Cal and Minnesota in the near future. I'm pretty sure the series with Ole Miss is still on, and I read today that Texas is talking a home and home with USC in the future. So, you can criticize this year's schedule with reason, but I think it's silly to say that Texas avoids good teams at all costs in non-conference.

Now, whether a team should schedule tough teams outside of conference is debatable as well. Of course it challenges you. But is it worth the risk? Ask USC the last few years. After beating Ohio State then losing to Washington, all that good will earned is washed away....

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Are they going to have a parade down Cullen before the kickoff ?

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I really want to know your previous username...

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Tech 41

Coogs 48

Potts 400+ yds passing 5tds 2int sacked twice

Keenum 350 yds passing 4 tds(all passing)
    The Brick 80yds rushing 2tds
    Carrier 6rec 130yds 2td
    Edwards 4 rec 75 yds td
    Sims 6 rec 85 yds 1 td

Root for TCU and Boise State to lose so we can get that at large BCS bid after we run the table

GO COOGS!!!

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You added to what I posted a little earlier and I must say, solid, that your post was SOLID! ;) :cool:

GO COOGS!!!

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen!

I think the Coogs speed on defense and ability to run the ball (opening things up) carries the day.

34 - 21

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Whats the over/under on running plays?

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

We old Cougars have to stick together! I have waited FOREVER for the "return", and I am enjoying every minute of it. This is almost as much fun as watching Warren McVey run around the Astrodome!