1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech @ #17 Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Sep 21, 2009.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I think Deloss only has a couple more years as our AD. Once Mack retires from coaching I'm pretty sure he'll be our new AD and Deloss will retire.

Hopefully at that point something can be worked out.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

TU has no reason to play UH. They will play Rice every year no matter what, so that is their chance to go to Houston for recruiting. No reason to chance a loss or not schedule a Div 1-AA team

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

There are a lot of things wrong with your statement.

First, we're trying to make a concerted effort to schedule harder teams that we have in the past few years, I think. The possibility that this year's schedule could have hurt us is changing the way they schedule and we've lined up matchups against UCLA, Cal and Minnesota in the future.

Second, I believe Texas has only played one Division 1-AA team and that was Sam Houston State when Arkansas and Utah backed out of matchups at the last minute.

Third, Rice isn't 1-AA either so comparing them to UH and saying we'll schedule Rice because we're avoiding 1-A teams is ridiculous. The scenario I posited was one in which we play UH instead of Rice meaning that we wouldn't already have an annual game against Rice.

5. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I didn't compare Rice to 1-AA. I said they will always play Rice. If UH has to come at the cost of them playing Rice it will not happen. The only senario is they play both. They have little motivation to do that, like i said their Rice trip already gets them to Houston for recruiting.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

god, with the douchebag fans of each team on this forum, i don't know who to root for. since uh is my girl's employer, i'll reluctantly root for them.

can we call in the inferiority complex bowl?

7. Fatty FatBastard

Ah, the irony.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Where's the douchebaggery? Seems pretty civil so far.

9. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Tell us about your school.

Oh, that's right, you are a big and mighty longhorn fan, but yet you didn't attend school there and now you're talking about other school's inferiority complex? You went to Southwest Texas State? This is comedy at its finest.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

why did i even bother? i'll continue to root for ut fanatically and realize that the only people that care that i didn't go to ut are little douchebags who just hate ut. whaaaaaaaa.

11. Fatty FatBastard

Well, you are the one running around the whole forum like a child today. My comments have had you go off on me in 3 threads, already.

You really need to stop going whaaaaa. You're the one who's coming off as crying.

Sorry you took this so personally.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

because i've bitten my tonuge the last several dozen times you've made dumbass comments (redundant i know) about this or any other issue. this just caught me on a slow monday, so tough **** for you, sand aggie.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I will root for the Cougars.

14. Fatty FatBastard

Incredibly clever... :rolleyes:

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

take it easy fellas

[​IMG]

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

lol :)

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Don't forget that Rice has scoreboard over UH after we spanked the Coogs at Rice Stadium last year

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sounds like somebody's got a Costco-case of the mondays.

I'm going to the game, I've been a Cougar for a year now... and this is my first Cougs game.

Count me on the bandwagon, but my wife who is an alum is going to be attending her first game as well.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Also this thread turned into an estrogen bukkake bath in about 3 minutes.

You'd think you guys would be a little less surly after a Texans win v Bud Adams.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Todd Graham.