1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech @ #17 Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Sep 21, 2009.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't know if you have trouble remembering to shut the coffee pot off when you leave the house in the morning, but you sure have trouble remembering to turn on the sarcasm meter. :)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know UH beat OKSU, but Tech's gimmicky offense is really tough...they are going to score a lot on UH....and it will be up to UH to keep up.

This one has the earmark of a 55-51 game.......to me a toss up.

I do think Tech is the better team overall....but it is going to be close.

DD

3. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I get recruiting updates for UH in my email inbox. We are getting more nationally ranked players to come in and play. Unlike some previous coaches we have had, Coach Sumlin does not appear to be willing to just concede all Houston area football talent to UT and A&M...in fact he has two top 100 (at their position) national commitments from in and around my neighborhood in east Houston.

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Should be a fun game. I agree that it's good to see UH be relevant again but UH fans should temper expectations for the season because a lot seem to be setting themselves up for disappointment. I've seen many on here talking BCS and it's only 3 games into the season.

Enjoy the ride these guys are giving and if it gets towards the end of the season and you guys are still undefeated, which is highly possible, then you can start worrying about bowl games.

USC was talking national championship after beating Ohio State and look what happened. It's a long season and as fans we forget that sometimes focusing on the end goals. Half the fun of following a team is the ride and the Coogs are already giving their fans a great ride. A win on Thursday will only make it better.

In the end, if it comes down to Boise and UH being the only undefeated non-BCS teams, BSU will get the nod, undeservedly. We should all, whether or not you are a Coogs fan, be rooting for Boise State to lose.

5. Mattj

Mattj Member

Tech is going to find Case Keenum less forgiving then "America's Sweetheart" Colt Mccoy. Mccoy kept Tech in the game with his erratic throws. I said it after the Okie State game and I will say it again. I would not trade UH's skill talent for any other team in the country. Tech will score, but UH will score more. After this game, there will be legitimate question as to who the best team in Texas is. This is our once in a quarter century chance at the limelight. We are faster than Texas on offense, and we can actually run the football.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Tell Rich to stop hating

7. halfbreed

Exhibit A. One win over Okie State and all of a sudden the Coogs are the best team in Texas?

8. Fatty FatBastard

Lol. This will be gold after Tech humiliates UH.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Let the haters hate. I'm having too good a time riding the wave to notice. Everything could go haywire Saturday and I'm sure Robertson will be its 3/4-full self again in a few weeks, so I'm wringing all the pleasure I can out of this experience.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Guess we'll never know since the terrible two refuse to play UH.

11. Landlord Landry

IDK dude, if I had to go into a shootout with Taylor Potts or Case Keenum, I'd take Case Keenum and the rest of the Coogs offense over Potts and Tech's current offense.

should be a very entertaining game either way.

12. halfbreed

I wouldn't mind playing UH at all. It would sure beat the somewhat annual game against Rice.

It won't happen because of the clusterf--- that happened the last time UT played at Robertson.

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Haha! Yep, it would appear so :)

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Tell that to your AD.

It was a dumb idea coupled with terrible timing.

Especially silly now that Reliant stadium is here... but I hope we never play in that place ever again, no matter what opponent.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Just to add a little gasoline on the fire: I am picking the Cougars by 3 points. Give your predictions, everyone. :eek:

16. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think it's a matter of time before that crap gets resolved. UH has a new president, AD, and football coach.

17. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I predict Irony and humiliation in your future.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

you may want to define those terms for him.

1 person likes this.
  19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You know it's big when students are scalping $20 tickets for $100 a pop.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yea, even I had to snicker at that...and I'm a UH alum. But i am excited about this team and where it is headed.