1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That can change with minors and what degree of killing. All depends on prosecution.

Oh yes pgab, minors are people too.:rolleyes:

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This case came out of and should stay in...the twilight zone.

Fair or not...all cop-on-black injustice anger from over the years cane out today against Guyger. We haven’t seen this kind of celebrating since the OJ Simpson verdict. The script was flipped in this case. Many cases before this deserved worse, just verdicts against on-duty white cops that didn’t happen whereas this one against an off-duty cop didn’t seem as cut-and-dry but went heavy-handed against her. She’s basically in the unfortunate position of being a scapegoat for all that anger.

#722 Surfguy, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  3. likestohypeguy

Did anyone see, did they show her reaction during the verdict reading? Probaby cut sound at least, as they had prior when jurors spoke.

I can't find a video reaction of guyger anywhere though, must not have streamed it.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I totally agree blacks shouldn't celebrate this. I wouldn't compare it to O.J. but its misguided on a lot of levels starting with she wasn't working.

This has no bearing on future on-duty shootings

That being said I'm not joking when i say this. If stupidity was a crime that could get you 20 years i wouldn't mind seeing her getting 20 for stupidity.

Surfguy likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

I wont lose any sleep over her getting a guilty verdict on murder, I thought this was a manslaughter case. Reading more into it, it was initially then changed to murder.

REEKO_HTOWN and Surfguy like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Was very surprised by the verdict even though it was justified. I thought she would get man slaughter. Prosecution must have shown that she was a gun happy scumbag with a weak excuse.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

She mistakenly killed someone and its refreshing to see a cop not get protected by the system but held responsible.

FranchiseBlade and amaru like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

As she should be held responsible. There was no way she was going to walk without doing time. Also, mistakingly killing someone should be manslaughter imo. I think if this was just an armed white civilian who came home to the wrong apartment and did this, it wouldn’t have been murder. But, such a person wouldn’t likely be on the stand saying they were shooting to kill.

#728 Surfguy, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. likestohypeguy

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. she was in uniform
    2. she ID'd herself as a cop

Rocket River

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't have a problem with her being held accountable due to being a trained professional

The point im making
    Is technically and emotionally they agree she thought she was home and he was a burglar

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Too bad she had her gun with her. If she hadn't, the dude would still be alive, and she wouldn't be going to jail.

I wonder if anyone will learn from this?

Nook, REEKO_HTOWN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

At the least, that's not very smart. I wasn't aware that evidence like this was presented. If there were things like this from her past, that were brought up in trial...the verdict makes more sense to me.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was surprised by the verdict but think it was fitting. Her going to the wrong apartment was an accident but her killing Jean wasn’t. It was perhaps mistaken identity but this wasn’t as though she panicked. She had enough time to address Jean and ask him to show his hands.

I will also state again that if she simply retreated back into the hallway that might’ve given her the chance to realize she was at the wrong apartment. This is why retreat should always be considered in self defense.

DFWRocket and CometsWin like this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

One doesnt simply go in to a wrong house or apartment. Did an external factor cause that? Alcohol, drugs, stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, mental illness or anything?

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Blonde.

Nook and Kim like this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Sexting her married BF.

Nook likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I've made the exact same mistake Guyger did, and I've had it happen to me as well which resulted in an awkward and alarming confrontation.

I completely believe her story. I also completely believe she should have used better judgment before pulling out her pistol.

Like, maybe, just maybe, the dude chilling in a totally different living room than your own eating ice cream with head phones on is not a deadly home invader.

There is no excuse for her actions. Being armed is a big responsibility. You don't get to say "I was tired, my bad" when you blow somebody away.

RayRay10, Nook and Kim like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who she continued to sext with right after killing the guy. You can't make this **** up.