1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah ... she isn’t very attractive though.

Folks like pretty white and Hispanic women.

Ugly white women not so much, although at least she isn’t fat... fat trashy women get no love.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

7B201DFA-947A-48CA-8DEF-6BEDC58FFC22.jpeg

Nook likes this.
  3. likestohypeguy

Damn stream sucked me in... like the casey anthony trial. Live action sport with the ultimate stakes.

What seems weird, the trial seems kind of pointless in that everyone already agrees with what happened, even why it happened. Just a matter of to what extent she should be held liable for being mentally checked out going to the apartment, then checking back in with such lethal fervor. Fair is probably manslaughter. If she walks, she can't walk completely. I mean she can, but there will be repercussions.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is not walking away completely?
    Losing her job? Another PD will hire her within the week.

I have no faith in this system.
    At worse she may get like 1-2 years
    But I suspect loss of job and probation.
    Then goto Plano PD or something.

Rocket River

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Nobody is hiring her. Relax bro seriously

Edit: whatever happens in the trial this isn't an in the line of duty situation. She has made a very bad "mistake" and there is no argument about making a judgement as a police officer

7. likestohypeguy

This is so weird to me, why this is such a massive point of contention in the trial. IDK why it matters whether she was distracted because she was thinking about an intimate phone call, or butterflies and rainbows; in deciding to what extent you hold her culpable. Murder, manslaughter, or nothing.

No, I would not think she should ever be a cop again, or be able to carry a weapon.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think the angle they're trying to play is that she realized she was wrong. It's less about her being distracted.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You got jokes

The Murderer of 12 year old Tamir Rice got another PD job

Rocket River

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That was in the line of duty. That dude has an argument that he felt in danger on the job.

This woman's argument is she walked in the wrong apartment. A mistake on her part regardless. Nobody is gonna hire someone who doesn't know they are in someone else's apartment

Edit: all these situations are unique. The first problem is comparing this to all the on the job shootings

Nook likes this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Read the article, her lawyers interviewed other residents, found almost 100 claim they have gotten lost before in the garage and on the wrong floor. It's crazy but they are going with it could happen to anyone argument. Won't work imo because not anyone can double tap someone in the chest when they got lost.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Distracted?

wtf, she had to pound on his door and demand that he open it. This isn’t a traffic accident.

Nook and Rocket River like this.
  13. WNBA

WNBA Member

She is making it look like an accident, more than necessary. ... hmm, the cover up

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Defense is pulling out all the stops to create a scenario of confusion -- exhausted police officer made a terrible mistake after long shift under intense emotional strain... expect much more.

amaru and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Should be open and shut but this is a white woman who shot a "big, scary" black man in America. I'm not getting my hopes up about this family seeing justice.

CometsWin, superfob and Rocket River like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree with @pgabriel that she won't get another police job, no matter the outcome of this case. Her defense is that she's too dumb and oblivious to be guilty. Not really qualities you look for in an officer. If she gets another beat, our police recruitment crisis is a whole lot worse than I realized.

I'm far from having any worthwhile legal insight, but my guess is that the judge's decisions about the matters of law are going to matter a lot more that the jury's decisions about the facts. Based on my experience being a juror, when they get the jury instructions they'll see they're hemmed in to deciding a certain way. Here's an article about who the judge is: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...e-presiding-over-amber-guyger-s-murder-trial/

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say dumb is not a disqualification to become a police officer obviously dependent on Individual departments and their standards. For examppe, the Massachusetts State Police do have high standards and are very selective hence from my experience being in the state, I've only had immensely positive interactions with them. I know the department had a recent pay scandal but that is minor compared to behavior of officers in other departments towards the one's they are supposed to "serve".

But there is a history of officers doing obvious dumb ****, being put on administrative leave, and eventually being terminated finding another department that would hire them a couple of years later when the media forgets about them.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We're about to test that Seinfeld joke where a crying blonde woman can get away with any crime.

Speeding, shoplifting... murder?

Rocket River likes this.