1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? You can play the ad-hominem game all you want. That's not why I'm here. You make your choices, and I'll make mine.

Not sure what the dead witness stuff is even about or why you think its funny.

2. Granville

Granville Member

Ok....settle down

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Thanks for the reminder because I was so out of control. I was going completely bonkers, and zany. Luckily you reminded me to calm down out of my agitated state of mind.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Some how I suspect you a Joe Horn fan . . . .. .

The only time we expect someone to 'stand down and take the abuse and mistreatment or be killed" . . that some one is usually black

If you support Zimmerman . . ..and believe his story
    Then I am sure you beleive her story . . .. . . .
    cause I guess Mr. JEan didn't stand down enough for her

Rocket River

5. biina

biina Member

That was not the account of the call given by the girlfriend. Below is the relevant account of the call.

Jeantel testified that as he neared the home of his father's girlfriend, Martin tried to lose Zimmerman.
    "And then he said, 'That N-word is still following me now,'" said Jeantel. "I asked him how the man looked like. He just told me the man looked 'creepy.' 'Creepy, white' -- excuse my language -- 'cracker. Creepy [expletive] cracker."

Jeantel says she heard Martin talking to Zimmerman in the background of the call.
    "He said, 'Why are you following me for?' And I heard a hard-breathing man say, 'What you doing around here?'" said Jeantel.

(https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html)

If Zimmerman was not still following him, then Martin wouldnt be asking "why are you following me?" and if Zimmerman was not still following him, he would have simply answered in the negative e.g. "No I am not following you". Instead Zimmerman ignored the question and instead asked "What you doing around here?" That question reflects the mindset of zimmerman and was in line with everything he said to the dispatcher.

Zimmerman's statement after the fact which painted martin as the aggressor was disjointed and did not fit the direction and details of his call with the dispatch.
    Zimmerman claimed
    "As I headed back to my vehicle the suspect emerged from the darkness and said 'You got a problem' I said 'No' the suspect said 'You do now.' As I looked and tried to find my phone to dial 911 the suspect punched me in the face."

So all of a sudden, the boy running away comes back, initiates conversation and for no apparent reason punches him? yea right. (If you believe that then you would believe I am the next pope!)

What we do know for a fact, from his conversation with the dispatcher, is
    - Zimmerman admitted that Martin ran away
    - but repeatedly voiced displeasure about him getting away.
    - More importantly, he had described where his Truck was parked and had initially agreed to meet with the cops at his truck but later (likely cos he was intent on pursuing Martin) he said they should call him to find out where he was at i.e. he had no idea where he would be (cos that likely depended on where Martin led him).

Zimmerman: Okay. These assholes they always get away. When you come to the clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the clubhouse.
    Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
    Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. **** he's running.
    Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
    Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
    Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
    Zimmerman: The back entrance...****ing [unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: Are you following him?
    Zimmerman: Yeah
    Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
    Zimmerman: Ok
    Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?
    Zimmerman: George...He ran.
    Dispatcher: Alright George what's your last name?
    Zimmerman: Zimmerman
    Dispatcher: And George what's the phone number you're calling from?
    Zimmerman: [redacted by Mother Jones]
    Dispatcher: Alright George we do have them on the way, do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?
    Zimmerman: Alright,
    Dispatcher: where you going to meet with them at?
    Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, that's my truck...[unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
    Zimmerman: I don't know, it's a cut through so I don't know the address.
    Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?
    Zimmerman: Yeah, I...[unintelligible] Dispatcher: What's your apartment number?
    Zimmerman: It's a home it's 1950, oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is.
    Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?
    Zimmerman: Yeah that's fine.
    Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you around there okay?
    Zimmerman: Actually could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?
    Dispatcher: Okay, yeah that's no problem.
    Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?
    Dispatcher: Yeah I got it [redacted by Mother Jones]
    Zimmerman: Yeah you got it. Dispatcher: Okay no problem, I'll let them know to call you when you're in the area.
    Zimmerman: Thanks.
    Dispatcher: You're welcome

The logical flow of event was that Zimmerman intent on stopping Martin from getting away and followed him, probably tried to accost or make a citizen's arrest. Being dark, body movement could have been misread by either party, but I doubt the boy wo ran away and was just visiting the neighborhood would iniate violence against someone he didnt know, whil it is more believable that a neighborhood vigilante / wannabe cop, armed with a gun, might think he is in the right getting physical with someone he was convinced was a criminal.

You dont run away if you were going to confront someone and there is nothing confrontational in asking someone who has been persistently following you why he was doing so. What is confrontational is asking someone what are you doing around here as if they are trespassing in a place were they dont belong, when in truth they have every right to be were they are.

(I wonder how many times someone has persistently followed you around in your own neighborhood and asked you what you are doing around here, when you are standing just a few yards from your own front porch.)

What is worse, is your idea that he was trying to impress his gf as it is simply false and just not in line with the factual details of the event (i.e. him trying to lose zimmerman).

People like you are the ones that, while pretending to offer an objective and fair perspective, often devalue and/or criminalize victims just to pervert justice - it was done to Martin and is now being done to Botham Jean

jcf and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are we still talking about that idiot Trayvon Martin who finally attacked the wrong person and ended up shot? Why do you crazy kids keep up this BS? You have a thread about someone who actually didn't deserve to get shot, stick to that. Why bring up someone who did deserve to get shot?

deadlybulb likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

One of the best posts on a very old debate. That was awesome.

8. Granville

Granville Member

Bobby is right, post that crap about probably the worst witness ever in a big trial in a Trayvon thread. It;s my fault for bringing his name up as one of the many ill fated crusades.

9. biina

biina Member

Cant refute the account and details but instead attacks the witness - so typical (smh)

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's really sickening to see you play the victim card for cops.

The way you condescend to people on here whom you have a different viewpoint shows that you are as mental as bobbytheinmate

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your fan fiction doesn't dispute the one eyewitness account of the story that exists and the facts support that eyewitness account. Your fan fiction glosses over the fact that GZ had bruising to the face and back of his head consistent with being attacked and having the back of his head hit the ground....so you can say "he wouldn't have done that", but the evidence suggests that he did....and it cost him his life.

Now let's have this be the end of the Martin-GZ talk.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Statisically roofers have a more dangerous job than US law enforcement.

The dangers of their job are overblown to place their proffesion on a pedestal to discredit legitimate criticism.

13. Granville

Granville Member

Said I wouldn't but can't resist. Ok... this established Martin had a racist attitude.

Martin has no idea that Zimmerman was returning to his car so of course he thought he might be following him which still doesn't give him the right to assault Zimmerman.

Zimmerman's response does not definitively prove his mindset. Zimmerman knew Martin had seen him following him at the beginning of the incident. Quit reaching.

Sorry but this mess you posted is disjointed.

Hey Pope! The thug who was caught with burglary tools and jewelry who had been suspended from school 3 times that year and the year wasn't over had to go live with his father because his mom couldn't handle him got on the phone with Jeantel said some racist **** which demonstrated contempt toward Zimmerman and then set off to show Jeantel how hard he is.

Unproven speculation on your part..... Even if true still didn't give someone with a phone on them who could easily report Zimmerman yet chose to assault him the right to do so. Yet this guy afraid for his life is telling Jeantel about creepy ass crackers.... He can't do what any one of us would tell our kids to do which is go inside and call the police. Hell he could have called his Dad.

The boy was banished from his Mom's house. He was living there at the apartment complex. He bragged about fighting on Facebook. If you're scenario were more believable then Zimmerman would be in jail. It wasn't so he isn't.

What's confrontational is punching someone in the face for following you. Nothing said even in Jeantel's version warranted assaulting someone. Call the police like normal well adjusted people do.

A cop in our neighborhood did stop my son and his friend to ask what they were doing in our neighborhood just 2 doors down.

What's worse is all the time you took to post that ill thought out crap.

People like you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Martin was a bad kid. I haven't said a bad word about Botham Jean.

#413 Granville, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. Granville

Granville Member

I said she should go to jail.... Wow, you are thick.

15. Granville

Granville Member

Roofers murdered on the job is a real cause for concern these days..... What a stupid comment.

16. fchowd0311

[​IMG]

I think Zimmerman's actions after his acquittal speaks volumes about his character and quite frankly his psychopathic nature.

Hindsight, Martin had every rational reason to be afraid and defensive of this scumbag human piece of trash. Showing zero empathy for at best a miscommunication that led to a death of a young man shows to me at the very least that Zimmerman is very capable of murdering in cold blood.

Zimmerman is a pathetic man. Even given the low standards in entering a law enforcement profession in most departments in this country, this man couldn't make it.

17. fchowd0311

Que?

Roofers have a higher death rate than officers.
    So do about 20 other professions in this country .

Death is death. Dangers in work that lead to death can come in many forms.

Your comment makes no sense.

18. Granville

Granville Member

Zimmerman is a piece of ****. It still proves nothing in regard to what happened that night. The mob that went after him before during and after the trial and others that he offended after the trial have left Zimmerman only welcome with the redneck trash you see in that photo.

19. biina

biina Member

Again with the false claims.

At no point did I dispute the physical altercation and bruising to the head doesnt mean he was attacked ( as he could have attacked and gotten beat back). The question is who was following who and who was the aggressor. Factual details (of which Zimmerman's statement does not count) from the talk with the dispatcher point to Zimmerman following Martin and not the other way round.Zimmerman most likely picked a fight, was losing, and shot the kid.

That is what fits into the factual details and eyewitness accounts and its no fan fiction. If you have facts that disproves that, then please share, otherwise STFU and stop being a nuisance.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. Granville

Granville Member

Roofers don't have a target on their back because ignorant people spread falsehoods about them. The danger roofers have is related to safety precautions not people harboring delusional grudges or afraid to go back to prison.