1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M to SEC

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The aggies haven't really been relevant recruiting wise since they stopped paying players. What athlete really wants to live in Bryan College Station?

2. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

dude, its a thriving city come on.......wait

3. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

lol, this is my point exactly. (I know your being sarcastic). I just feel like TAMU ppl aren't grown up. I go to TAMU myself, and I transferred from TTU, which is a decision I'll probably forever regret. When you talk to aTm ppl, its crazy how 1 sided/biased it is...and I feel like every school is willing to list its pros/cons about their own school besides A&M...which is like omg a&m is the best place ever, no cons..For example, when JVG was in talks with A&M, every single aggie I knew was like "omg, who would pass up a chance to live in college station?!"...They legitly think college station is the best place in the world..If I went to TAMU straight up, maybe I would think so, because its the first thing out of high school and you enjoy being on your own. But going to austin/lubbock (not saying lbk is that great either), but from being in CS, I don't even get how one can even start the argument that CS> Austin. With that being said, real aggies are much more realistic than message board aggies, but when I read stuff on chron.com/a&m message boards, I'm truly ashamed at how delusional the fan base is..Stuff like that is ridiculous. I'm not hating at A&M at all academically, they have potential in that for sure, but people are so delusional about their school, its ridiculous. I see people walk around campus with "UT: Bowl watching champions" shirts and I' m just like okay? UT has been ranked higher than you for the past X years? You haven't won a bowl in over a decade? It's ridiculous. call me a 2%er all you want, but at least I'm reasonable. A&M will get slaughtered in the SEC.

1 person likes this.
  4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Also, even on top of that, fact is TAMU is just lucky that they are in between houston/dallas/austin/SA..You can switch out A&M for any school and switch locations, the other school would be just as popular. They have a big alumni base because they are in the middle of the biggest cities, simple as that. Place TTU/Tx state/UNT/ANYONE in b/cs and same thing, more people will go there.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Oklahoma and Texas have been the goliaths of the big 12 for a decade, thats just 2 teams. If one of them has a bad season, you can compete for a BCS bowl in the big 12

In the SEC, basically everybody is Texas and Oklahoma. 7 different schools with legit National Title pedigrees, 5 schools have won recently.

And if you think recruiting is hard now, open Texas up to the cut-throat SEC to go along with the Longhorns and Sooners.

And the TV contract won't be that much more. A BCS appearence out of the big 12 will more than offset the possible gains.

Aggies better be careful what they wish for. Changing conferences won't matter if you can't crack 8 wins.They need to do something aggies aren't known for, using a little common sense instead of just trying to stick it to Texas

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I predict numerous 500 seasons on the horizon for A&M. Right when they finally climbed the big 12 ladder to the near top. It will be a good decision financially. A terrible decision on the football field as they will revert back to total mediocrity. It's always about the money.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The aggie hate is hilarious.

Upgrade conference? Check

Upgrade finances? Check

Football team and talent upgrade? Check

You bring better home games to your fans and don't have to be worried about instability or how the money is divided in your conference.

Also if the BCS is broken and we get a playoff being in a strong conference will not be the deathblow it is now.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

UT fans don't want Texas to go Independent. That's why they are b****ing so much about the A&M move because it will be the excuse Texas needs to leave the Big 12.

"Stupid Aggies, leaving for a better conference. What a bunch of stupid sheep f**kers, can you believe this crap? LMAO at striving to be better."

1 person likes this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Except for the little detail that they've actually recruited pretty well over the last few years. They recruited really well in the 1990's too when they were a top 10 program. Their recent problem has generally been talent development once they get to A&M rather than getting good talent. It's not UT-talent, but no school really gets that. Oregon, Auburn, and many other schools thrive without UT or USC type recruiting.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

This reminds me of an abusive husband dropping the "baby, why ruin a good thing?" carade and going apescat on his battered wife after she finally files for divorce.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

or the slutty wife who ****s around on her husband after he gives her $20 mil a year. you know, if we're going to enter really****ingstupid analogy land.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Perhaps they got tired of begging? SEC, Big10 and PAC10 all split the money equally.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

you are extraordinarily bent out of shape about this. i'm actually kind of concerned. what is your damage, man?

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i was just making a stupid analogy to counter a stupid analogy. i am 'upset' because i am going to miss the rivalry, but if this leads aggy to get over their collective inferiority complex, then maybe it's a good thing.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

lol, you're the one making the r****ded beaten wife analogies.

and i'm the one receiving hateful rep, not dishing it out. but trust me, this is not affecting my life one bit. i have much more important things to worry about, like making sure my beautiful daughter's aggy onesies disappear while her and mom are out of town. :)

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

For someone who doesn't care, you sure have a funny way of showing it. You could just be happy for both parties getting what is best for themselves (like most of us seem to be) instead of hurling insults at everyone and everything.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

try to remember a) this is a message board and b) calling out random "insults" in a thread involving the discussion of two rival schools by throwing out personal insults is a pretty dick move. i'll bow out of this thread now. have a good day, donny.

and if tat is what passes for petulant and bitter to you, then you Ned to grow some thicker skin man. just a bit of advice for ya.

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yeah, Sam's point was pretty salient.

But I'm not your rival, bro :)

I just don't see this as some kind of tragedy, who loses here? Tradition shmadition, if UT and A&M want to play each other, they will. Conferences be damned. And you'll still compare weiner sizes in the shower, too.

This changes very little, but what it does change is for the better, IMO.

19. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

It doesn't sound like anyone does. Is it really that bad up there? I was there once for a graduation.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So ESPN is now saying it is official according to Doug Gotlieb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.