1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M to SEC

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Already addressed everything else in my previous post.

Yeah that first OSU drive wore that defense out because of the pace of the OSU offense on that first drive (and they get the credit for that) and having to go right back out with no rest affected them the rest of the game. Again, credit goes to OSU for that and their offense is damn good. Our offensive and coaching mistakes did not help the defense one bit. Saying they would have been up 17 in the 4th if Blackmon didnt fumble is a huge what-if because we gave the ball right back after he did that. Again, what-ifs are pathetic. What happened, happened, and despite what happened, the Ags were still in position to beat a damn good team at the end.

Never said we should have or deserved to win, but the argument that we are not a good team because we lost and wont be anywhere near the top 10 for years to come based on this games outcome against a top 10 team is a pathetic and losing argument.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What constitutes worth in college football?
    Is it current record? Nope.

If that was the case, Boise State wouldn't be begging to be in a BCS conference while others are trying to bend over backwards to land Notre Dame...

Factor in the things that matter -- fan base, stadium, recruiting pool, history, revenue...

Are you telling me teams in the Big 12 can go head-to-head with teams in the Big 10?

That Penn State, Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska aren't more prestigious than Missouri, OSU, Baylor and Tech? :confused:

C'mon. You guys man... you guys.

3. RocketManJosh

SEC official announcement today ... That is all

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? Remember the post after post when you called my contentions non sense and gibrish? Insulted me instead of responding and wished other posters were around so they could laugh at what was saying?

You bashed the big 12 and told all of us that A&M is on top of the big 12 and leaving a ****ty conference. I told you that the team was nothing yet. They only had 2 wins and hadn't beaten anyone. What happens the first time they do? They lose. You want to go to the SEC, great. It's a good conference. But you're leaving a big 12 conference that you were below average in. You are no where near on top.

Stop bashing a good conference. Leave with class. The more you bash the big 12, the worse your school looks for averaging 6th place finishes.

I and others have howed how statistically the big 12 has been the 2nd best conference in the BCS period. All you can do is copy paste the names of the schools from the Big 10. We get it. Your keyboard has command, C and V keys. Stop bragging about it.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I said TAMU was near the top of the Big 12, not the best. They're definitely near the top. :rolleyes:

Deciding to move conferences isn't about where TAMU stands, its about everything else but that. Wanting to be in an easy conference is UT's schtick -- and I don't blame em.

Again, based on your logic, Boise State is more valuable than Michigan. That's not sound logic. What else do you want from me? How am I not responding to you?

I'm not only responding to you, I'm owning you. It doesn't matter if Baylor finishes 12th in the polls, they're not a valuable program (no offense Baylor peeps).

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

How are they near the top? They have 2 wins against horrid opponents. Is it based on last year when they were 5th best in the conference?

You have repeatedly downplayed the big 12 in terms of competition. The fact that you call out UT for wanting an easy path and A&M doesn't makes that clear. In those terms which you discussed, you are clearly wrong about the big 12. In terms of overall value, the big 12s TV contracts with ABC/ESPN and Fox put them along side the other conferences in revenue.

Owning me? Says the guy that was talking up A&M only to see them lose their first real game. At no point did I talk up Baylor. I merely pointed out how your high and mightly act against the big 12 was bull****. You are leaving a conference that has never ****ed you over and that you have sucked in. That's why people don't think you can compete in the SEC. Which is how all of this started. You can compete in the SEC bc you are near the top of the big 12 which is of course not true.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

can someone explain this to me. i hear all the time that schools dont make money off of sports. meaning...with all the money they bring in, most if not all of it goes right back out to support the other non-major sports, and traveling expenses. i'm not denying thats not the case, but if schools are leaping to other conferences for money, why?

for instance, there was speculation texas might go to the ACC. how is that smart for texas? meaning, yea it generates them more money, but if they had to start sending all their teams to the east coast, traveling expenses would be brutal. thus, wouldnt they probably be spending more money?

i'm just having a hard time figuring it out, its always about the money, but yet most schools arent making money, yet they want to move to a conference, further away for their teams and thus costing more money to get teams places? huh?

on top of the fact, head coaches for the major sports are making millions of dollars. WTH?

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Actually this year, I'd say that if those 4 teams faced off the 4 big10 teams you listed, we would probably win all 4, if not 3.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Not saying this is an indicator of how a head to head matchup would turn out but...

Big12 4 losses total
    Big10 12 losses total

Not to mention that in your argument, you list the bottom feeders of the big12, but fail to even bring up the fact that Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue are pretty bad lol. OH ST is down this year because of their lying head coach, and Iowa lost to an average Iowa St team.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When did I talk up A&M? When did I'd say they'd beat OSU? Show me. I have more to back TAMU being near the top of the Big 12 than you have them not being near the top. Also, I still absolutely cannot fathom how you're not comprehending this... but this has NOTHING to do with how good the team currently is and everything to do with the worth of the program. For you to think TAMU can't rise is ridiculous.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not about wins and losses. I've seen Northwestern win a Rose Bowl game. Doesn't mean anything. Teams have good years, teams have bad years. UT isn't all the great but guess what -- they're one of the 3-5 most important programs in the nation. In other words, Iowa > Kansas.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

But you brought up this up?
    So I replied back by saying BIG12 would beat BIG10's bottom feeders lol.

14. updawg

updawg Member

adios mofos

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

nothing i love more than watching aggy go full r****d.

16. RocketManJosh

Nothing i love more than a bobcat that wishes he was a longhorn that is obsessed with what the Aggies do.

2 people like this.
  17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

we won this weekend. if you ask nicely i will let you know what that's like. in the meantime, i apologize to arkansas for comparing aggy to them.

18. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Man I just wish you guys would bring the b****ing and bashing of aggy football to the 5 page A&M football thread. Dozens of new responses, no actual news. :eek:

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

See you on Thanksgiving at Kyle...one last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.